Estes | Meeting on Monday morning?

Well, since YRC got bailed out, they had to make a new dvd this weekend with ENN telling us that the 189 million( give or take a couple mill!) they spent on properties didn't work out:biglaugh:. Linehaul/hub will probly get a couple cents taken away, city will lose hourly wages, trucks will be turned down to 57 mph and will shut down every 30 seconds and while going downhill, salesman will no longer be able to buy pizza for all the people that don't actually touch, see, or move the freight, and district /regional managers are only allowed to spend the night in the bunk houses and cook on a charcoal grill for dinner!!:biglaugh:I just wanna know where is my Blackberry...Tired of downloading **** and texting on my own cell phone!!!!:biglaugh: Good luck to all of you on Monday!!!! Hope it is a GOOD meeting... BTW, if you are upset about anything, please feel free to call the home office!!!

Well, since YRC got bailed out, they had to make a new dvd this weekend with ENN telling us that the 189 million( give or take a couple mill!) they spent on properties didn't work out:biglaugh:. Linehaul/hub will probly get a couple cents taken away, city will lose hourly wages, trucks will be turned down to 57 mph and will shut down every 30 seconds and while going downhill, salesman will no longer be able to buy pizza for all the people that don't actually touch, see, or move the freight, and district /regional managers are only allowed to spend the night in the bunk houses and cook on a charcoal grill for dinner!!:biglaugh:I just wanna know where is my Blackberry...Tired of downloading **** and texting on my own cell phone!!!!:biglaugh: Good luck to all of you on Monday!!!! Hope it is a GOOD meeting... BTW, if you are upset about anything, please feel free to call the home office!!!
:biglaugh:
That's a funny post right there. I wish I could see the day these sales reps or managers stay in a bunk room and see where they eat if they had to use their own money.

Don't panic just yet - my source could be doing just that as I found out this morning. Pray for now. I will take more care with future posts.

10 E/B's sounds high but it's not really cause I think they had like 30-40 on the board to start with? And untelling how many schedule drivers. Alot I'm sure.

Remember E/B L/H and schedule L/H are one classification in a lay off or a bid.

10 E/B's sounds high but it's not really cause I think they had like 30-40 on the board to start with? And untelling how many schedule drivers. Alot I'm sure.

Remember E/B L/H and schedule L/H are one classification in a lay off or a bid.
Now, is it per class(By hire date):clap:, or per class(per start date of class)::shit::???

In the Oct. 26 edition of the Journal of Commerce there was an article about YRC hanging on and within it said this..

"It seems like the volumes in the LTL business in general have stabilized at a low point", said John Anderson managing director of Fenway Partners Resources, a private equity firm with a strong focus on transportation.

"Who's getting stonger?" I would say Con-way is getting stronger, ODFL is a solid player, Estes Express is a very strong player, and UPSF has done relatively well market share wise." said Lee Clair, a partner at the consulting firm Norbridge.

http://joc.pressmart.com/index.aspx?issue=issue82&page=01

In the Oct. 26 edition of the Journal of Commerce there was an article about YRC hanging on and within it said this..

"It seems like the volumes in the LTL business in general have stabilized at a low point", said John Anderson managing director of Fenway Partners Resources, a private equity firm with a strong focus on transportation.

"Who's getting stonger?" I would say Con-way is getting stronger, ODFL is a solid player, Estes Express is a very strong player, and UPSF has done relatively well market share wise." said Lee Clair, a partner at the consulting firm Norbridge.

http://joc.pressmart.com/index.aspx?issue=issue82&page=01

Good article,KD.. Thanks.

Hell,five years ago,Estes wouldn't have been mentioned in the same magazine as Yellow, let alone the same article.Good artical KD.