ABF | meeting with attorney.

You all need to stop one upping each other.Stick to the topic.leave personal opinion at the door

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I along with a fellow worker here at ABF met with a local labor attorney and discussed ABF and the recent contract and the representation and presentation of facts to members. More importantly the facts that have followed that we are seeing with the overuse of purchased transportation, the misuse and misrepresentation of the purchased transportation as we were told it would be used. The facts regarding the presentation of ABF's losses and it actually profiting at the time of the contract. The fact ABF has asked for modification to new hire vacation policy since ratification (but turned down by IBT)! Most importantly the scam of misinforming members/ misleading members,, (conflict of interest) with IBT on the so called purchasing of ABF by YRCW..

Extremely good case of misrepresentation!! Suggests that charges be filed with NLRB.. Very familiar with it all

You might want to add YRCW Teamsters with you on that.We all have some claims parallel to your complaint

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I hear you, but to go as far and file appropriate documents with the SEC well after the "rumor" got out to cover their behinds because the rumor or what could be described as electioneering, which is not, electioneering is when a person or company endorses or campaigns for, Not puts out fake info that they will buy a multi-billion dollar corporation as a result of a less than 1 hour meeting. This issue is all dealt with in press releases, company releases and SEC filings all dated...

Here's how it went :
ABF sues 2 defendants, yrc and ibt.
District dismisses. Lack of standing.
ABF appeals.
8th court of appeals REVERSES and remands back to district.
(Standing HAS been proven)
District dismisses again WITHOUT PREJUDICE ,says ABF didn't
Mediate first with yrc and ibt before suing.
Ie. " I'm dismissing . Talk iout your beef with yrc and ibt. If ya don't
Get results,put this suit back before the court." Dismissed Without prejudice.

So, that's exactly what ABF,YRC and Hoffa did. They worked out a deal.
1.Yrc agrees to and makes some ingenuine buyout offer for ABF.
2. Hoffa agrees to lean on his members to push through the contract.ELECTIONEERING.
3. ABF AGREES to not refile the suit if yrc and Hoffa perform.
IT'S CALLED A SETTLEMENT.
HERE'S HOW YA CAN TELL:
1.the 1 and only time in history yrc made a buyout offer for ABF happens , coincidentally at contract time.
2. ABF never mentions the alleged yrc at shareholders meeting.
(Because it was a fake offer And the shareholders gain .obviously)
3. This is the best one.
ABF NEVER REFILED THE 750 MILLION $ SUIT even though the appeals court said they had
Standing to sue.
turns out that mediation DOES work,huh?

The above IS WHAT HAPPENED. NO QUESTION.
however there will be no evidence to use. It was a 3way scam.
Yrc and ibt got a $750 mil lawsuit off their backs, knowing that ABF had momentum if refiled.

It is expected that they lawyerproofed the fake offer and response with the SEC.
ALL 3 organizations did their parts in this scam .
There's no evidence and Noone is gonna admit anything.

Worse, the freight transfers are so sucker dumb ,job scared, and trusting,
They'll be able to run the same scam again.

I hope ya didn't pay too much for the lawyer consult, because he just won't
Find anything on those conspiratorial sons of....

Here's how it went :
ABF sues 2 defendants, yrc and ibt.
District dismisses. Lack of standing.
ABF appeals.
8th court of appeals REVERSES and remands back to district.
(Standing HAS been proven)
District dismisses again WITHOUT PREJUDICE ,says ABF didn't
Mediate first with yrc and ibt before suing.
Ie. " I'm dismissing . Talk iout your beef with yrc and ibt. If ya don't
Get results,put this suit back before the court." Dismissed Without prejudice.

So, that's exactly what ABF,YRC and Hoffa did. They worked out a deal.
1.Yrc agrees to and makes some ingenuine buyout offer for ABF.
2. Hoffa agrees to lean on his members to push through the contract.ELECTIONEERING.
3. ABF AGREES to not refile the suit if yrc and Hoffa perform.
IT'S CALLED A SETTLEMENT.
HERE'S HOW YA CAN TELL:
1.the 1 and only time in history yrc made a buyout offer for ABF happens , coincidentally at contract time.
2. ABF never mentions the alleged yrc at shareholders meeting.
(Because it was a fake offer And the shareholders gain .obviously)
3. This is the best one.
ABF NEVER REFILED THE 750 MILLION $ SUIT even though the appeals court said they had
Standing to sue.
turns out that mediation DOES work,huh?

The above IS WHAT HAPPENED. NO QUESTION.
however there will be no evidence to use. It was a 3way scam.
Yrc and ibt got a $750 mil lawsuit off their backs, knowing that ABF had momentum if refiled.

It is expected that they lawyerproofed the fake offer and response with the SEC.
ALL 3 organizations did their parts in this scam .
There's no evidence and Noone is gonna admit anything.

Worse, the freight transfers are so sucker dumb ,job scared, and trusting,
They'll be able to run the same scam again.

I hope ya didn't pay too much for the lawyer consult, because he just won't
Find anything on those conspiratorial sons of....

Its all about the timing, timing of filings, timing of releases and whats in the releases. And the lawsuit is a small part. The IBT has a duty or obligation to represent the interest of its members not itself or a lawsuit or ABF, they did not do so in this process, they actually represented the best interest of ABF and presented false and misleading information which is illegal. While I totally agree with this whole above theory 100%!! it is a small part of us being misrepresented.. Which is illegal and is not electioneering or campaigning for.. A union is not to represent the company, we sign cards, pay for and belong to a bargaining agent.. There are laws to protect us and IBT violated those laws clearly and without doubt.. Not to mention Hoffa and the entire negotiating committee can be brought up on charges as well as local leaders as well. We are working with a few local leaders who have come forward as a result of this thread with vital info on "inside info" about negotiations, orders from IBT, etc.. so this stuff is no BS and real!!

Git em, brother. Your dead on. but ,they're greasy,and they think they'll be able to pull it all off.
Its gonna be an uphill fight,for sure.
A lawyer might be more motivated if you mention " class action"

Thank you for the update and the other perspective. They are greasy but I am a believer in your movement, iam4us.

Its all about the timing, timing of filings, timing of releases and whats in the releases. And the lawsuit is a small part. The IBT has a duty or obligation to represent the interest of its members not itself or a lawsuit or ABF, they did not do so in this process, they actually represented the best interest of ABF and presented false and misleading information which is illegal. While I totally agree with this whole above theory 100%!! it is a small part of us being misrepresented.. Which is illegal and is not electioneering or campaigning for.. A union is not to represent the company, we sign cards, pay for and belong to a bargaining agent.. There are laws to protect us and IBT violated those laws clearly and without doubt.. Not to mention Hoffa and the entire negotiating committee can be brought up on charges as well as local leaders as well. We are working with a few local leaders who have come forward as a result of this thread with vital info on "inside info" about negotiations, orders from IBT, etc.. so this stuff is no BS and real!!

Your lawsuit might have all kinds of merit. But by the time it goes thru the final appeal process, you will be either dead or it won’t matter, ABF will have closed the doors & opened under another name, oh wait a minute, CF already did that. But, if you even get a ruling in you favor will there be any assets to go after? Good luck with that collection. The rules & regulations that are written & passed by business men & politicians, are stacked against us. When that changes so changes the work place of the rank & file. Oh yea, I almost forgot, the cost of Lawyers @ this level bill about 400 bucks an hour. Better get your fund drive in place, ya gonna need it. Good luck. von.

Your lawsuit might have all kinds of merit. But by the time it goes thru the final appeal process, you will be either dead or it won’t matter, ABF will have closed the doors & opened under another name, oh wait a minute, CF already did that. But, if you even get a ruling in you favor will there be any assets to go after? Good luck with that collection. The rules & regulations that are written & passed by business men & politicians, are stacked against us. When that changes so changes the work place of the rank & file. Oh yea, I almost forgot, the cost of Lawyers @ this level bill about 400 bucks an hour. Better get your fund drive in place, ya gonna need it. Good luck. von.
So it would be better to just bend over and lube up ?

I'm sure that all Brother Von wanted to do was throw a little cold reality on the subject. I'm also sure that all of us, including Brother Von,....would support any sort of legal investigation into this ,.....malfeasance,.....yeah,..there's a polite word for "pile of crap"....Good Luck, Brother iam4us! Careful with your selection of lawyers. You need to find that rare one that entered the legal field because he has a fine sense of justice,....not a nose for dollars. We are all aware that this last contract,.....and the IBT's dealings with our Brothers at YRC,.....stink badly. Justice needs to be done. Although it's frustrating, ...and time-consuming,......and,....because of those two factors,...the powers that be hope we'll just grumble and put our heads down,......no,...I don't think we should "bend over and lube up". As long as we all keep talking about this,...it won't disappear,....like they hope it will. And,.....who knows? We might find some sort of "smoking gun",.......Go for 'em, Brother iam4us!

Von: Is extremely correct, we have an extremely motivated lawyer, we have two avenues to go down, 1 is through the union side of this. As you all know this one will be rocky at a minimum, our names will be out there, we will be targeted by ABF, we will not be backed up by the IBT if and when ABF comes down on us (you know they will work together again to make life rough on us)! We have to go through a step by step process of bringing charges and dealing with NLRB, I am sure being denied, etc, etc, Of course everything we do through the union we will lose and be wrong, but if we don't do it this way, we can be brought up on charges!!! Then the NLRB will have to investigate all evidence, rule, likely they will side with IBT but never know, Then onto 2. Filing of Lawsuit sort of like ABF, district court, federal courts, yada yada..
It is correct that it will take time, a lot of time, but with that it will gain attention, hopefully make people who voted yes aware that we were wronged, Hopefully make people aware about people who may or may not be running in an IBT or local election.
Right now our attorney will do everything with us up until a lawsuit is filed probono. Should we go beyond that we are not sure about fees although he is still open to probono.

We do all remember about companies folding and opening back up, Central Freight, CF mess, Wonder Bread.. We know ABF can shift assets and monies and look unprofitable and do the same, whos to say they wont anyway with the costs of retirement and healthcare, etc. I promise you that when our next contract rolls around, those that voted no and felt robbed now will fall over with the changes they will want.. It will be mind blowing.. Our NMFA is gone, we are not paid the highest and Non-Union carriers are paying more now to attract drivers, UPS freight pays more, and no company in the industry besides YRC and us makes us wait 2 years for a vacation or has stripped a week, no company.. I don't know about you all, but I got a copy of TEAMSTER MAGAZINE yesterday and about vomited when I read article about red cross workers and cops getting representation!! Cops who pull us over and write us tickets for DOT violations in the thousands of dollars? (conflict of interest)! Its all about greed.. Hoffa and his housing allowances? Since when do we need a housing allowance? We make a salary, buy or rent a home.. Cant we buy a home with 350,000 a year salary? ughhh

I'm sure that all Brother Von wanted to do was throw a little cold reality on the subject. I'm also sure that all of us, including Brother Von,....would support any sort of legal investigation into this ,.....malfeasance,.....yeah,..there's a polite word for "pile of crap"....Good Luck, Brother iam4us! Careful with your selection of lawyers. You need to find that rare one that entered the legal field because he has a fine sense of justice,....not a nose for dollars. We are all aware that this last contract,.....and the IBT's dealings with our Brothers at YRC,.....stink badly. Justice needs to be done. Although it's frustrating, ...and time-consuming,......and,....because of those two factors,...the powers that be hope we'll just grumble and put our heads down,......no,...I don't think we should "bend over and lube up". As long as we all keep talking about this,...it won't disappear,....like they hope it will. And,.....who knows? We might find some sort of "smoking gun",.......Go for 'em, Brother iam4us!

May 1979 I gave aid at an accident scene. Walking back to my truck I was hit by another car. 2 weeks ICU, 5 weeks in a hospital room back to work after 4 months. Skull fracture, punctured lung, broken arm, leg, etc. Happened in Cook County IL. It took 3 years and 7 months before we could get a jury trial. We settled 2 days before trial. My lawyer said 3.5 years was typical for cook county at that time. I am guessing it will take 6 years for any legal action against the Union to play out. And that all depends on the appeal process, which it seems is never ending. By starting this action you have take a tough road to travel, but the only one you can use. I wish you well & hope you prevail in your actions.

On another note I have been following the UPS 250 drivers they are firing because they walked off the job for 90 minutes because of a long time steward they had unjustly fired. 20 of those 250 have been terminated. My own personal belief is that if all the UPS Union employees on the eastern seaboard walked off the job until everyone was re-instated and made whole in this issue of the 250 that did walk, it would be solved in 24 hours. That is power. That would get their attention. The only Union in America that is tight & would never let something like this linger, is the International Longshoremen's Association. I just think that there Brotherhood in the rank & file has always been the strongest of any union in America to this day. I get the feeling their history & actions are the true definition of Brotherhood & Solidarity. Just thinking out loud. von.

Slabpyle- if 'THIS IS EXACTLY WHST HAPPENED- NO QUESTION' then you have grade A evidence. Barring that, you're full of conjecture.... Preston guys tried to sue Yellow. We had more proof than you. Never made it to court...

All of the above is fine kids.........
But this old timer remembers ABF making it very clear they were going it alone at contract time.

You're right,.....They said two contracts ago they wanted out of the NMFA. We just didn't think the IBT "leaders" would facilitate ABF's getting out like they did. In spite of the vast ,....if not unanimous,....wishes of the rank-and-file. That's the part that really grinds me,....and most of us on here. In the midst of a worsening driver shortage,......our so-called "leadership" bargained away our solidarity and strength along with our wages and benefits. ABF was only doing what corporations always do,......beating down their Labor costs by any method,....moral or immoral. We just weren't prepared for our elected Labor representatives to so eagerly facilitate the moral,......and immoral,...means to gut out and eviscerate the NMFA. And,.....as I said before,......There's only two reasons to do so:.........Incompetency,......or Complicity.

Slabpyle- if 'THIS IS EXACTLY WHST HAPPENED- NO QUESTION' then you have grade A evidence. Barring that, you're full of conjecture.... Preston guys tried to sue Yellow. We had more proof than you. Never made it to court...

How ya gonna get evidence,jimmy?
There is no none and they know it. you common ,simple slave. Jimmy.

You're slow,jimmy. I ain't tryin to sue your company.
I'm sayin it won't work . There's no evidence,even though its clear
How it went.
stick to licking boots,jimmy. You can do that without reading.

You're slow,jimmy. I ain't tryin to sue your company.
I'm sayin it won't work . There's no evidence,even though its clear
How it went.
stick to licking boots,jimmy. You can do that without reading.

I guarantee you ain't suing My Employer! No lickin nothin here. Go back to assuming... :LMAO:

People are Dyin for Me to work! :duh:

How ya gonna get evidence,jimmy?
There is no none and they know it. you common ,simple slave. Jimmy.

How many cases have you won with no evidence Mr Attorney? :Rulz:

I can hear you 'splainin it now: Your Honor, THAT'S HOW IT WENT NO QUESTION! No Your Honor, we have no evidence you boot-licking slave! How do you expect us to get it you jerk?! Just make em guilty your simple Boot-licking Honor SIR! :LMAO:

Yeah- you'll get em for sure. :biglaugh:

How much out of your personal account are you giving toward to fees? After all, it's a Slam Dunk Sure Thing???

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny that you should mention ABF wanting to go it alone and out of the NMFA... Are they really out of the NMFA? yes in a way, Are we really under the NMFA? Hmmm TBD as well!!!! I can buy a copy of Moby Dick, cross out a few lines with a marker and add a word to the title, its still Moby Dick!!! Going to get interesting isn't it!!!!! Contracts and agreements are interesting, especially when filing lawsuits regarding, etc...

Brother Vongrimmenstein is very insightful and realistic.. this process will take along time. We will be filing charges against leaders before any lawsuits are filed. We in turn will likely have charges filed against us, hearings and attempts to be kicked out of this tarnished union.. just reality, then we expect lawsuits.. just reality...

Please do continue the updates. I appreciate your efforts and hope you make headway in this case. Will any of the charges filed be processed outside of Teamsters Kangaroo Court?

I personally think those *******s need to be taken for a ride to district court and put in their place, even removed from office. I know that voting them out is futile.