FedEx Freight | Merity based pay increase at Fedex...What is top rate going to be?

It amazes me how some people call it a raise. A raise is anything above a cola. We haven't had a genuine cola in years and we haven't had a raise in about 10 yrs

It amazes me that SOOO many b1tch and cry over getting paid more when a LOT of people are getting the boot!!!! Grow the HE11 up folks, If all you are going to do is cry and whine then quit. I have never seen soo many kids in 1 sand box all whining cause they dont get their way. Some would have been happy to just keep the job that you are always crying about having to do.
No wonder other LTL's hate this company, all they hear is kids crying about everything. If you arent happy with what is given then leave or call up payroll and ask them to keep it.

And whose fault is it that they aren't profitable? Morons in AR trying to reinvent the wheel, fixing what ain't broke. Stepping over dollars to pick up nickles. Let's destroy morale and see how that goes. Maybe having a company full of couldn't care less employees is a new way to increase production. Looks good on a spreadsheet. Cut hours, cut bennies, inflict silly and duplicate procedures, don't notice the good, punish every bad. Then give them a crap raise and call it good.

Well said brother! Well said

43 cents amounts to an additional 17.20 a week. If next January is anything like this past January than an additional 7 dollars will have to come out of my check to pay for medical. In real terms it's possibly more like a 10 dollar a week increase. I am thankful to have a job, but this is definitely not a cost of living raise. My operations manager said that at least we aren't like ABF, they are getting a 15% pay cut.

It amazes me that SOOO many b1tch and cry over getting paid more when a LOT of people are getting the boot!!!! Grow the HE11 up folks, If all you are going to do is cry and whine then quit. I have never seen soo many kids in 1 sand box all whining cause they dont get their way. Some would have been happy to just keep the job that you are always crying about having to do.
No wonder other LTL's hate this company, all they hear is kids crying about everything. If you arent happy with what is given then leave or call up payroll and ask them to keep it.

Spoken like a true FedEx Freight leader! That's why nothing will ever change,there are too many people that are " just happy to have a job".

Spoken like a true FedEx Freight leader! That's why nothing will ever change,there are too many people that are " just happy to have a job".
I tell you what, I will trade you spots and let you "just be happy without a job" and see if you can understand where I am coming from!!! Its easy to cry like a 5 year old over not getting more $$$$ cause you think YOU DESERVE it when some people just want to keep their job. Again if you are SOO unhappy then please let me hold the door as you leave and let someone that would be grateful to have it stay. I have seen most of my fellow drivers do more crying then a daycare over stupid stuff. Nobody owes you a damn thing so get over it. Grow up or get out of the way and let someone else have the job.
Bu the way, Ive turned down the chance to wear a red shirt cause I dont care for how they treat them or make them treat the workers. Im a road driver that has just a few more weeks left till Im forced out and jackka$$ like you get to stay and complain about everything while collecting a pay check with bennies.

We must not have any Merity in South Bend,they already told us our hourly increase is....wait for it.... 23 cents!

Don't forget the less than half a penny raise per mile. I'm happy we at least got something. Although it made the guys getting laid off at my barn mad an kinda can't blame them.

told this morning 22.65 to 22.88 23 cents on the hour, ,5758 to .5794 on the mile you do the math diddly squat just like i told you, only union cities get the bigger raise, get the big picture now !!!!!!!

told this morning 22.65 to 22.88 23 cents on the hour, ,5758 to .5794 on the mile you do the math diddly squat just like i told you, only union cities get the bigger raise, get the big picture now !!!!!!!

There ya go didnt even break the. 58 yet but the big haulers are doing ok!!!!!!

Yeah I never understood why us southern boys get .23 cents an Yankees get the big bucks! Look we may bed down with our sisters but we can add Fred!

Dont group all us yankees in together there are some of us suckin hind tit like you guys!!!!!!

I tell you what, I will trade you spots and let you "just be happy without a job" and see if you can understand where I am coming from!!! Its easy to cry like a 5 year old over not getting more $$$$ cause you think YOU DESERVE it when some people just want to keep their job. Again if you are SOO unhappy then please let me hold the door as you leave and let someone that would be grateful to have it stay. I have seen most of my fellow drivers do more crying then a daycare over stupid stuff. Nobody owes you a damn thing so get over it. Grow up or get out of the way and let someone else have the job.
Bu the way, Ive turned down the chance to wear a red shirt cause I dont care for how they treat them or make them treat the workers. Im a road driver that has just a few more weeks left till Im forced out and jackka$$ like you get to stay and complain about everything while collecting a pay check with bennies.[Ill/QUOTE]

I guess that's only a few weeks that you have to listen to the whiners then! Do you run your mouth like that in person, or just from the safety of home?

Ask the express folks about that....I fixed the original post to include the last 12 months. Since they get annual reviews to see if they "merit" the full raise. <<<or so I'm told.

This is true! I use to work for Express back in the early 90's and yes they do get a merit pay increase based on a annual review. I could be wrong, but the review is based on safety, attendance, and other criteria's. It's almost like mgmnt does a Gallup survey or whatever on u.

We haven't seen a raise like that in years. Maybe if we aren't profitable they need to can some higher ups,its their plan that is failing.

True! But their plan for screwing us....their employees seems to be winning. This company makes so much damn $$$$$ it's ridiculous! Even when there's a bad quarter....they've still made $$$$. It's just not enough $$$ that they probably set as a goal to make in that quarter. So they'll categorize it as a bad quarter. When these "life threatening"..as I call it C.O.O's occur with the massive cuts like the one we've just had.....it's just another way of the higher ups giving themselves a raise. Like I mentioned b4....these little penny raises that we've been getting has been a joke! I think each and last one of us haul...I'm guessing maybe about 50-100k worth of freight if not that more day/night to make this company billions and then they slap us in the face with raises like the ones we're getting and boost your health insurance!......Amazing!

And whose fault is it that they aren't profitable? Morons in AR trying to reinvent the wheel, fixing what ain't broke. Stepping over dollars to pick up nickles. Let's destroy morale and see how that goes. Maybe having a company full of couldn't care less employees is a new way to increase production. Looks good on a spreadsheet. Cut hours, cut bennies, inflict silly and duplicate procedures, don't notice the good, punish every bad. Then give them a crap raise and call it good.

Franklin, u hit it right on the head! Couldn't of said it or summed it up better.