FedEx Freight | Merity based pay increase at Fedex...What is top rate going to be?

I talk to a UPS driver today, he said they are making 33 dollars an hour. They will be making 38 an hour within the next 5 years. This is California, I should have asked him if they all make the same in other states.

Salt Lake City, we got 43cents per hr. bringing us up to $24.28hr. I personally think we should get 25-$26hr. since Linehaul averages around $34-$36hr. if you break down the hrs. they work. At least they did not take anything away like other LTL companies, like recently ABF at -7%

Salt Lake City, we got 43cents per hr. bringing us up to $24.28hr. I personally think we should get 25-$26hr. since Linehaul averages around $34-$36hr. if you break down the hrs. they work. At least they did not take anything away like other LTL companies, like recently ABF at -7%

Don't feel bad Brother, we got a cool buck something over 6 yrs..lol, I do get a .75 bump for doubles and a buck for triples over my hourly rate, that makes it nice, our problem is we didn't have much membership come contract time, thats the first thing the company looks at before going to the table, we are changing that though, most of the new guys have signed up, we are a RTW state unfortunatly.

I'm at 20.60 BTW, 21.35 actually because I pull a set every night, not as much as you men but I feel good about what I have and the fact I have a job to go to!

We are at $22.88 in South Bend Indiana. Conway ,OD, and Dayton are at $24.60 ish in the same area. And I'm sure they will be at 25 soon.That's why this geographical cost of living stuff doesn't wash with me. Our competitors in the low wage area pay what we pay in the high wage area.

Well I just want to say congratulations to the lucky ones at fedex freight who got the respectable wage increase I mean you chose your location wisely to cash in and be respected come wage adjustment time!!!! The rest of us will just open up a christmas club and that way we can stretch our. 23¢ an hour and what ever on the mileage not bad 3 years and still at. 57 a mile!!!! Well hope ya all have a good weekend! !!!!!

The fact is FedEx knows there are lots of unemployed people out there. So they know we are not gonna leave because we may not be the highest paid but we are far from the lowest. Yet they knew the couldn't announce profits without giving us something. They give more money to northern terminals an high population cities because cost is higher also because in say like Atlanta there are tons of good paying trucking jobs an employees were getting their CDL an walking across the street. They only way our raises will be more is when economy turns around an other companies start paying more across the board! Lucky that is slowly starting to happen but until then be prepared to be nickel an dimed every June! Unless you are in a major hub in a big city!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to get off topic , I wonder if when working a hub in a big city, working right next to a driver making $2.00 an hour more than you are, shouldn't your BPH be lower than his???

Just sayin?:shrug:

Not to get off topic , I wonder if when working a hub in a big city, working right next to a driver making $2.00 an hour more than you are, shouldn't your BPH be lower than his???

Just sayin?:shrug:

Absolutely! I don't think the economy has much to do with it. In low wage area we got better raises in the last few years when the economy was worse. Our competition is somehow able to.pay a top wage with decent wages,why can't the almighty FedEx?

I think if we all do the same stressful, dangerous, professional truck driving job for a large #1 LTL company like FedEx, we should all get the same pay, no matter where you live, except these dockworker- don't want drive cdl city drivers, who play it safe by not driving, and getting the same pay as a P&D driver ( who has a chance on getting into an accident or a citation ) and losing his job. That to me makes absolutely no sense. And I guess just because they make take a trailer down the road a few miles once in a blue moon, they will get a safe driver award for the 3 miles a year they might drive.

Yep,part time dock workers in my area get started out at $15 and change,the competition starts them out at about $12.00. So obviously these part time dock workers are worth a premium price,but the drivers aren't.