ABF | Mr." WHITE PAPER" Pat Flynn

Come on man ! you're killing me here, what did he say? they pulled the video and I'm tortured !

:shift::shift::shift::shift::shift::Flame-On::Flame-On:

Sorry, it wouldn't let me post a direct link, go to that page and at the top, type in the name Pat Flynn. and Search, the link is:

Speaker: Pat Flynn, Teamsters International Vice President and Secretary-Treasurer of Local 710

The video is 10:30 long, I seen this awhile back but I bet they will pull it soon

Sorry, it wouldn't let me post a direct link, go to that page and at the top, type in the name Pat Flynn and Search, the link is:

Speaker: Pat Flynn Teamsters International Vice President and Secretary-Treasurer of Local 710

The video is 10:30 long, I seen this awhile back but I bet they will pull it soon

Think they pulled it already but it may be somewhere in the truckingboards archives.

My suggestion to you is find out your facts before you post crap about my principal officer.

That video is several years old and has been off the web for years.

The General Executive Committee did what they thought was the best interest for the majority. Whether or not I agree, is irrelevant. Did you call Pat, or are you just going to post epithets?

Maybe you can call Detroit and get some more nonsense from your TDU Commandant.

Video

Mikey, I don't know what is in the video but if there is something that we must have to survive it is truth, not half truths or distortions. I too don't like innuendos or something pulled out of context.
The brotherhood must have unity to exist especially now. The company must make a profit to compete with the unorganized companies or we will not be around to organize & grow the brotherhood. If those on the outside can't see unity in the organization & be sure that what they hear is the truth then we won't organize them.
It is much easier to tear down than to build & anything less than the truth will destroy.

My suggestion to you is find out your facts before you post crap about my principal officer.

The General Executive Committee did what they thought was the best interest for the majority. Whether or not I agree, is irrelevant. Did you call Pat, or are you just going to post epithets?

The video was from I believe Nov 2008 at the meeting in Arizona which delt with the 10% kick back for YRC in which all the locals agreeded that it was needed to keep the company afloat also on this video was Tyson Johnson a lawyer for the international and someone else that was trying to explane what the warrents were, I believe it was at the general membership meeting in December 2008 that even Pat was surprised that he was on tape.
Guess you must have been doing your Christmas shopping that Sunday and missed the meeting .

As for calling Pat since I first became aware of this Wednesday night and I do not have Pats home phone number(MAYBE YOU DO) and yesterday was Thanksgiving and today the hall is closed guess I'll have to wait till Monday.

As for calling TDU maybe you should call some of your co-workers they seem to know about the video in question so I guess in your eyes thay must be working for TDU.

I don't get people. Things are bad enough without dragging things up from long ago to try and make things sound worse.
I just don't get it.

Mr. White Paper is the perfect name for your principal officer. I always reach for the white paper after I finish the job in the smallest room in my house.

That video is still on the IBT WEBSITE! This man would give your vote away!!!! It's all about the dues, crap and white paper go together.::shit::

After watching Flynn up there kissing *** I think the IBT logo should drop the two horses heads and add two hogs heads instead.:eck13:

I ain't going to air out the union laundry on this forum, period. As far as Mr. White Paper selling you out, you have to understand that 710 had far more to lose than any one Local Union in the Central Region. As you geniuses know the job classifications were split on a strike, years and years ago by Bill Joyce, Louis Peich and James R. Hoffa, may they all rest in peace. That set the stage for 710 to hold the largest white paper agreement in Teamster history. This contract is superior to the NMFA. What will any local union member lose in the addition to the infusion of this contract into the NMFA, in my eyes, not a damn thing. The memorandum clearly stated that the agreements that have superior language, will retain that language.

Maybe I am not seeing the whole picture for the ABF guys here. If there is something that is detrimental to us let me know. If YRC guys have a concern, I ain't seeing that either. I am sure they can hash that out on a YRC thread on this forum. But as I see it the white paper dock and yard agreements for 710 with the NMFA just made their contracts 15% stronger, by way of job protection.

705 on the other hand loses what? What did the freight drivers at 705 get that are superior to the NMFA? Nothing. They held out for months and months with demands that had their table deadlocked for reasons that did not make sense to me. What did they expect to gain from some of the stuff they were demanding knowing full well that the companies would not give them more than the rest of the union, noting the maintenance of standards article in the NMFA? They knew they couldn't get anywhere with that because if the 1100 or 1200 freight members got more on the check, the whole country would have to get the same.

I know Pat Flynn pretty well, and I know that he is not a sell out to anyone, period. But as you all well know, we all have to make decisions for the greater good of the MAJORITY. I also know that he would not intentionally hurt anyone with regard to working conditions, or contract language. It also seems clear to me that this whole thing affects only the freight members, not the tank haul, or package division or any others. If you guys feel slighted in anyway, my suggestion to you is to get to the union meeting and bring your issues to the microphone. Just keep in mind that Pat isn't the only one on the General Executive Board, and you guys make it sound like he is solely to blame. Maybe if we were not in the worst depression since 1929, and YRC didn't bite off more than they could chew, we might not be having this conversation. But it is what it is. Maybe the IBT could have kept the hard line that 705 seems so good to muster, and YRC could be on the fallen flags list, lock, stock and barrel. Then there would be a serious reality check, with no going back.

The case is closed and there is nothing that you, me or anyone else can to to change this. This is the last I am going to post on this issue.

I ain't going to air out the union laundry on this forum, period. As far as Mr. White Paper selling you out, you have to understand that 710 had far more to lose than any one Local Union in the Central Region. As you geniuses know the job classifications were split on a strike, years and years ago by Bill Joyce, Louis Peich and James R. Hoffa, may they all rest in peace. That set the stage for 710 to hold the largest white paper agreement in Teamster history. This contract is superior to the NMFA. What will any local union member lose in the addition to the infusion of this contract into the NMFA, in my eyes, not a damn thing. The memorandum clearly stated that the agreements that have superior language, will retain that language.

Maybe I am not seeing the whole picture for the ABF guys here. If there is something that is detrimental to us let me know. If YRC guys have a concern, I ain't seeing that either. I am sure they can hash that out on a YRC thread on this forum. But as I see it the white paper dock and yard agreements for 710 with the NMFA just made their contracts 15% stronger, by way of job protection.

705 on the other hand loses what? What did the freight drivers at 705 get that are superior to the NMFA? Nothing. They held out for months and months with demands that had their table deadlocked for reasons that did not make sense to me. What did they expect to gain from some of the stuff they were demanding knowing full well that the companies would not give them more than the rest of the union, noting the maintenance of standards article in the NMFA? They knew they couldn't get anywhere with that because if the 1100 or 1200 freight members got more on the check, the whole country would have to get the same.

I know Pat Flynn pretty well, and I know that he is not a sell out to anyone, period. But as you all well know, we all have to make decisions for the greater good of the MAJORITY. I also know that he would not intentionally hurt anyone with regard to working conditions, or contract language. It also seems clear to me that this whole thing affects only the freight members, not the tank haul, or package division or any others. If you guys feel slighted in anyway, my suggestion to you is to get to the union meeting and bring your issues to the microphone. Just keep in mind that Pat isn't the only one on the General Executive Board, and you guys make it sound like he is solely to blame. Maybe if we were not in the worst depression since 1929, and YRC didn't bite off more than they could chew, we might not be having this conversation. But it is what it is. Maybe the IBT could have kept the hard line that 705 seems so good to muster, and YRC could be on the fallen flags list, lock, stock and barrel. Then there would be a serious reality check, with no going back.

The case is closed and there is nothing that you, me or anyone else can to to change this. This is the last I am going to post on this issue.

let me start by saying that it does say we would'nt lose any existing working conditions contained in our contracts that are superior to those in the NMFA and its supplements..
But i would just like to know about the next contract...kind of looks like we are going to become one with the National..makes me feel a bit uneasy...you yourself know what it costs to live in the greater chicagoland are..so tell me why should'nt we get the option to live with the same standards as the rest of the ABF employment in the rest of the country ..we could possibly have done that by having the ability to negotiate within this area as a seperate unit...i know the 6 dollars in raises i've gotten in the last 16 years is making it harder each year for alot of people to keep their heads above the water...and now all this talk about ABF maybe asking for some money back... with the white paper i can almost guarantee you ABF sch would have told them to pound salt...thats kind of detrimental to me so i am letting you know...you asked..but then again you did say that this would be the last time you're going to post on this issue also..

Mikey thanks for the history lesson. The one part of history you seem to overlook is two recent votes by the MEMBERS of the Chicago locals that say no to more concessions. Thats where the beef with Mr. Whitepaper comes in. He did not stand behind his members and vote no at the executive board meeting, thus abbandoning his members and thier wishes expressed thru the voting process. He is our representative not our ruler.