Yellow | My 2 cents worth (minus 15%) on why this should be voted down:

How about this......... When you get the check for the $750 it will be taxed at 42 percent on that check...........When you file your taxes at the end of the year it will be taxed at the regular rate you are paying.

About the same as your sick days, If you ever gotten a payout at the end of the year.......
I was laid off for a couple weeks so I won't even get the crap bonus to bit ch about how much taxes they took out.

don't beat me up here I'm just thinking out loud.

I've been looking for another job because I want out this whole this sucks and I no longer want to be a part of it. Unfortunately I drive a truck it's what I do. I don't work on car, fix floors or know any computer programing at all, I drive a truck. So with that I look for trucking jobs. I have way to much pride to go to Conway, Fed Ex or any other BS co that's out there. In this town ABF and UPS are out of the question, but I've looked. I went to the Local and asked them for help in a very nice way they said no. Oh they did say yes but I have to complete a five week course on fork lift and truck driving operations. Being a 21 year P&D driver one can put a 53' trailer threw a needle backwards, but I still have to take this course, that's the union rule. I could go OTR my family would hate that, but I would be earning a living.

Here's what I keep hearing. If I do go to another company my health care which I'll get after 90 days just might cost me about 400 a month, and that's just for me. My vacation will be two weeks after two years. One slight mess up and this new nice employer just might say Your Gone. My pay just might be less than what I make now because I've been looking. If I do end up with another local P&D job (because everyone says the freight will go somewhere) Where I go will be the same guys I've been looking at for the same 21 years.

You see when CF shut down I stood at Roadway's door looking for work. When the guys who work at Roadway saw us (about 9 of us) they had pity on us. Four of us were hired. You think the same will happen at these other nonunion companies as we or I stand there hoping to be the bottom guy on their board.

So after looking for work and understanding there is none I rethink this. I've been with APA on the east coast Nations Way and CF on the west coast, none of these companies ever tried to stay in business. If this vote goes through I keep my job and "I" look for another at my pace. What do I have? I have a 20hr job with midway seniority two weeks vacation and still have my health and welfare. If this company closes I'm looking for a job with 40 people in what will be a small town. I would love to say f@#k them, but what I really want to make sure is I'm not the "them".

What really pisses me off is the union. If this goes through I will get a with drawl card and get the hell out. I am stunned how they have given up on freight. No other trade would have had it got this far. They want me to pay dues for nine year with no contributions, I would need my head checked if I did that.

So like I said please don't beat me up. These are my thoughts today if I thought for one minute this company could stay alive I'd think different. I don't have the "just shut it down" attitude. I wish I could afford that. Driving a YRC truck is the most embarrassing thing I have ever done, and I'm from Jersey. To see other drivers I used to wave at look at me and say to themselves I'm sure, Poor Bastard, is heart breaking.

I come on Truckingboards for the vibe and I can see the vibe is Shut It Down so I know I'm against the grain in thinking. So positive feed back would be great.
Thanks GD

I have not commented on the Trucking Boards for a long time. I am on lay off and I don't really think I will EVER get a call back. I'm not "walking in the shoes" of the men and women having to deal with this current situation. I have done my best to put the twenty-three year investment into Roadway/YRC behind me. It hasn't been easy. Believe it or not, there are employers out there that resent you for being in a union! Employers really aren't looking to hire people on their 40's and 50's. Starting over is not easy and for every person on here wanting to, "close the doors" be careful what you wish for.

BUT, I do have an opinion on this issue. We made concessions to YRC in an effort to save our good jobs and to save our company. There is a REASON a person strives to work a UNION job. The benefits are better. There are work rules to protect our jobs and our work. WE HAVE ALL SACRIFICED FOR THOSE ADVANTAGES! Our union representatives are a "reflection" of our membership. Let me say that again, " Our union representatives are a "reflection" of our membership." For every (1) person here on the Trucking Boards sharing their opinions on the subject, there are MANY MORE at every terminal just trying to make a paycheck. They are a part of the union too. We all know this is the truth. We hate to admit it, but it's true. Our daily work places are a reflection of our society.

YRC wants more and many of us feel OUR union is doing NOTHING to protect us! Many on the Trucking Boards feel betrayed by YRC AND THE UNION! I say we're the MINORITY! Sure, there are plenty of people back at your home terminals shouting at the top of their lungs about this injustice; but when it comes time to vote, their ballot will not get mailed. It probably won't even get opened.

So what's my point? I believe this proposal will pass; not because I think it's a good thing or the right thing but because there are far too many "members" that are just trying to get by. They're not going to vote, but if they do, they will vote yes. For every location where the union is strong, there are ten places where it's an after thought. This is who our union is representing. The membership wants their jobs; even if it means giving up more to protect their security for now............

You only post because the UNION has betrayed you?

Perhaps, but now I see the current disgruntled comments of non-union employees, and re-organization could happen later on.

I've been looking for another job because I want out this whole this sucks and I no longer want to be a part of it. Unfortunately I drive a truck it's what I do. I don't work on car, fix floors or know any computer programing at all, I drive a truck. So with that I look for trucking jobs. I have way to much pride to go to Conway, Fed Ex or any other BS co that's out there. In this town ABF and UPS are out of the question, but I've looked. I went to the Local and asked them for help in a very nice way they said no. Oh they did say yes but I have to complete a five week course on fork lift and truck driving operations. Being a 21 year P&D driver one can put a 53' trailer threw a needle backwards, but I still have to take this course, that's the union rule. I could go OTR my family would hate that, but I would be earning a living.

Here's what I keep hearing. If I do go to another company my health care which I'll get after 90 days just might cost me about 400 a month, and that's just for me. My vacation will be two weeks after two years. One slight mess up and this new nice employer just might say Your Gone. My pay just might be less than what I make now because I've been looking. If I do end up with another local P&D job (because everyone says the freight will go somewhere) Where I go will be the same guys I've been looking at for the same 21 years.

You see when CF shut down I stood at Roadway's door looking for work. When the guys who work at Roadway saw us (about 9 of us) they had pity on us. Four of us were hired. You think the same will happen at these other nonunion companies as we or I stand there hoping to be the bottom guy on their board.

So after looking for work and understanding there is none I rethink this. I've been with APA on the east coast Nations Way and CF on the west coast, none of these companies ever tried to stay in business. If this vote goes through I keep my job and "I" look for another at my pace. What do I have? I have a 20hr job with midway seniority two weeks vacation and still have my health and welfare. If this company closes I'm looking for a job with 40 people in what will be a small town. I would love to say f@#k them, but what I really want to make sure is I'm not the "them".

What really pisses me off is the union. If this goes through I will get a with drawl card and get the hell out. I am stunned how they have given up on freight. No other trade would have had it got this far. They want me to pay dues for nine year with no contributions, I would need my head checked if I did that.

So like I said please don't beat me up. These are my thoughts today if I thought for one minute this company could stay alive I'd think different. I don't have the "just shut it down" attitude. I wish I could afford that. Driving a YRC truck is the most embarrassing thing I have ever done, and I'm from Jersey. To see other drivers I used to wave at look at me and say to themselves I'm sure, Poor Bastard, is heart breaking.

I come on Truckingboards for the vibe and I can see the vibe is Shut It Down so I know I'm against the grain in thinking. So positive feed back would be great.
Thanks GD
Well Put, and Thoughtful. But get ready for the onslaught...... They'll lump you with me.....

<snip>
I've been looking for another job because I want out this whole this sucks and I no longer want to be a part of it.
Thanks GD

Congratulations on at least "thinking". Like some of us, you may get condemned by a few for doing that. Ignore them and continue to think this through before casting your vote. Excellent post and good luck to you.

Are you saying you are worth more then a someone working the dock? Are you worth more then someone working the yard? That you should be entitled to raises while the man working the dock, or in the yard should not be entitled to the same...

I didn't see anywhere in his post that he stated that any one was not entitled to a raise.....I did notice that he pointed out the additional responsibilities and possible consequences that a Driver has to accept as part of the Job.....which also has no overtime provisions.....no regular hours, along with many other differences between Driving and Dock or Yard.....So, in my opinion, a Driving Job is worth more money.....that is true at probably many trucking company...... Furthermore, why are you now concerned that everyone should be paid the same? isn't it the view of the so called "free Market" advocates that paying everyone the same pay is a terrible thing.....?

Same old albag, you only care about your self, and not what is going to happen to the future Teamsters!!

What is the Future of the Teamsters? ... If all the shrieking about shutting down the Company....and "growing a set of balls" and all the other pearls of "wisdom" are any indicator...the Teamsters future looks less than bright.... The so called "vote no" crowd on here are far more self centered.....most of them are saying that since they have no debt or they have a wife that earns good money that they are set......what does that about a person?.. to me it says they've thought about themselves and not about others that may not share their good fortune......Based on the posts that I read on this and other forums, Mr Albag cares about future Teamsters and the future of the Teamsters Union far more than a lot of Posters on here do.......

Thanks GD

Give me a break! You cry the exact same poverty as YRC, just in a different scenario! BOO HOO!

THE VIBE?
I am a Teamster! Period! Stand up tall for your contractual rights and fight corporate greed, intimidation, and deceit!
Not a spineless jellyfish (like my yes Brothers?) were discussing today.
They, I'm sorry to hear, are voting yes, because they believe the hype, and are afraid/scared/ frightened/petrified, of having to seek out new employment.

The second thing (as bad as it sounds and I hope everyone knows I wish no harm to any of you) is to look at history, Hostes is a good example of what is going on right now. As someone once said, "if we don't remember and learn from history, we are doomed to repeat it".

That "someone" was George Santayana who actually said, " Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."... and your point is right regarding the Closure of Hostess....The situation that is unfolding at YRCF currently is similar....and if one reads the posts on these forums....it appears that many on here have not learned anything and are more than eager to repeat that here with this Company.....

Thank you Mr Little d for your best wishes.... The employees at YRCF need all the luck they can get............

Give me a break! You cry the exact same poverty as YRC, just in a different scenario! BOO HOO!

THE VIBE?
I am a Teamster! Period! Stand up tall for your contractual rights and fight corporate greed, intimidation, and deceit!
They, I'm sorry to hear, are voting yes, because they believe the hype, and are afraid/scared/ frightened/petrified, of having to seek out new employment.

positive feed back would be great.Thanks GD

Not anything positive so far....

Well Put, and Thoughtful. But get ready for the onslaught......

Yep...here it comes....

Congratulations on at least "thinking". Like some of us, you may get condemned by a few for doing that. .

So true....

Looks Like Mr jimmy g and Mr Triplex were right....again......

To cast a vote that would most likely result in Closure is NOT "Standing tall" for your contractual rights.....it's about unemployment.....How does that "fight corporate greed? How does that fight Corporate Intimidation?....

"Spineless Jellyfish"? What could be more Spineless than just throwing in the white towel of surrender? ... Who benefits most from a YRCF Closure?....The Non-Union Companies would most likely gain the most.....Whose side are you on anyway? ... and you call yourself a Teamster???

Funny you mention "Hype"... The only Hype I hear is from the "vote no" crowd.....You know hype like you just posted......No one is "petrified" to get another job.....or scared or any other words that you slashed together that mean the same thing.....What possible sense does it make to Sink this Job and then go out and get a less paying job elsewhere that will most likely be non-union.....Start at the bottom again......To me it's a far more logical and sensible thing to do to keep the Company going....and if anyone is that unhappy....it just gives them more time to get a better job someplace else while they're still working......It's better than unemployment and there would be a lot less competition in the job hunt to....

I'm sorry to hear your voting no because you believe all the hype and are "afraid/scared/ frightened/petrified" that someone might call you "afraid/scared/ frightened/petrified" to actually stand up and do what is right by the Membership and the Teamsters Union.....It has nothing whatsoever to do with finding new employment.....If that's all it is to you then you certainly don't have a very good grasp on what is at stake besides your job....

Not anything positive so far....

Yep...here it comes....

So true....

Looks Like Mr jimmy g and Mr Triplex were right....again......

To cast a vote that would most likely result in Closure is NOT "Standing tall" for your contractual rights.....it's about unemployment.....How does that "fight corporate greed? How does that fight Corporate Intimidation?....

"Spineless Jellyfish"? What could be more Spineless than just throwing in the white towel of surrender? ... Who benefits most from a YRCF Closure?....The Non-Union Companies would most likely gain the most.....Whose side are you on anyway? ... and you call yourself a Teamster???

Funny you mention "Hype"... The only Hype I hear is from the "vote no" crowd.....You know hype like you just posted......No one is "petrified" to get another job.....or scared or any other words that you slashed together that mean the same thing.....What possible sense does it make to Sink this Job and then go out and get a less paying job elsewhere that will most likely be non-union.....Start at the bottom again......To me it's a far more logical and sensible thing to do to keep the Company going....and if anyone is that unhappy....it just gives them more time to get a better job someplace else while they're still working......It's better than unemployment and there would be a lot less competition in the job hunt to....

I'm sorry to hear your voting no because you believe all the hype and are "afraid/scared/ frightened/petrified" that someone might call you "afraid/scared/ frightened/petrified" to actually stand up and do what is right by the Membership and the Teamsters Union.....It has nothing whatsoever to do with finding new employment.....If that's all it is to you then you certainly don't have a very good grasp on what is at stake besides your job....

Exactly like I posted before! You are the "scared" one.
You assumed YRC will close if the proposal is voted down. Did the crystal ball give you a peek at the results?
You listened and read all the propaganda YRC sent you via mail and believed every single word of it!
The sad part is, you fell for it! "I don't want to loose my job!" YRC/corporate are liars! A third time is a charm!

Laughing all the way to the bank. Remember our Fidelity accounts and the shares awarded us, which were wiped out by 2 reverse splits?
Tell me that whole scenario wasn't planned from the beginning!

Did you happen to read the comment by Welch on his own web site? Here it is!
"The reality is that while all union and non-union employees have made sacrifices, our pay remains competitive and our union health care benefits are considerably above market. Our reduced pension contribution is also market competitive compared to our non-union competition (which we must use as a comparison since they hold the largest share of the LTL market)."
"Considerably above market." YRC has decided to lower our union standards/benefits down to the non-union level.

I have a perfect driving and accident free record for close to 34 years.

Any other rational comments?

They will not close with a no vote. All they are doing is using pressure tactics to get their way, and keep the members scared.
If the plan is to buy ABF, why would they close? Why not have this done months ago so it would get throught by Feb 1?
We are being played, I'm not buying it.

Does anybody really think you will be getting a bonus??? At my old comp. we never saw the bonus they will make the numbers show just under!!!!!

One more time, you are NOT taxed at 45% on the bonus. It's possible that a higher percentage of withholding is taken out when you get the bonus paid to you but it is ABSOLUTELY included as normal income when you file your tax return and will be TAXED at the same rate as all your other salary. I don't know why this misinformation is still passing around.

If this gets passed I no longer believe the IBT has is adequately representing our best interests. I've paid my dues for representation for over 30 years but I will reduce them to the lowest possibility until I can find other employment! Without strong representation and strong leadership why are we even paying dues. It appears to just be a waste of hard earned money! I hope the rank and file sees this for what it is. VOTE NO!!!!!

They will not close with a no vote. All they are doing is using pressure tactics to get their way, and keep the members scared.
If the plan is to buy ABF, why would they close? Why not have this done months ago so it would get throught by Feb 1?
We are being played, I'm not buying it.

go read my other post about how and why they could buy abf being broke welch addressed it in phone call last night.................they wanted the equipment and computers and employee's because we have no money to buy trucks trailers etc and the banks arnt going to give them money for it

the bank lending the money to buy abf then would have sold the property's to get there investment back plain simple .............. win for bank................. win for yrcw getting equipment ,computer system employees etc its called vulture capitalist happens all the time they buy company sell its parts and close the company and make money doing it

yup cellblock that's just what it is vultures .
as a matter of fact its how they have done business for many years .
ok now ive got a question to those who think they are experts
HOWS THAT WORKED OUT ????

I didn't see anywhere in his post that he stated that any one was not entitled to a raise.....I did notice that he pointed out the additional responsibilities and possible consequences that a Driver has to accept as part of the Job.....which also has no overtime provisions.....no regular hours, along with many other differences between Driving and Dock or Yard.....So, in my opinion, a Driving Job is worth more money.....that is true at probably many trucking company...... Furthermore, why are you now concerned that everyone should be paid the same? isn't it the view of the so called "free Market" advocates that paying everyone the same pay is a terrible thing.....?

What is the Future of the Teamsters? ... If all the shrieking about shutting down the Company....and "growing a set of balls" and all the other pearls of "wisdom" are any indicator...the Teamsters future looks less than bright.... The so called "vote no" crowd on here are far more self centered.....most of them are saying that since they have no debt or they have a wife that earns good money that they are set......what does that about a person?.. to me it says they've thought about themselves and not about others that may not share their good fortune......Based on the posts that I read on this and other forums, Mr Albag cares about future Teamsters and the future of the Teamsters Union far more than a lot of Posters on here do.......

Albag cares about Albag... It's apparent that you don't know most of the so called no voter's either... It's about trying to keep what we have and to try to better our life, not just give everything away without a fight...YRC EMPLOYEES have given more to save the company then the ones who created this whole mess... If they are on such bad shape why are upper management still receiving bonus and other compensation, while the workers are the only ones taking concessions... Let me ask you this, Do you think YRC WILL BE GOING OUT OF BUSINESS? IF THEY ARE GOING TO PAY OUT 19 MILLION DOLLORS TO TEAMSTERS AS A SIGNING BONUS. INSTEAD OF JUST GIVING YOU A RAISE? I DON'T THINK SO... They are here for the long haul. By doing it their way they are destroying the TEAMSTERS UNION, AND THE PENSION FUNDS!!!