TForce | N.E. Has Spoken

hugnlug

TB Veteran
Credits
Today our terminal along with a few other terminals in New England went to their Local Hall and signed cards. The cards are going to Washington, DC to be verified by a arbitrator. The card verification will be announced as soon as the UPS contract is ratified hopefully by Tues.

We could possibly be at the negotiating table within two weeks. Oh by the way, if you are still listening to the BS being slung by a few misinformed individuals here, good luck!!! The Indy contract is a stand alone contract. Read what UPSF said regarding the contract. It was negotiated in good faith for the folks in Indy and only Indy.

This being said tells all. We are negotiating our own up in this neck of the woods. Also if you don't think UPSF upper management knows what is going on regarding the drive, you are living in a cave. Our TM knew where we were going today. Life is good!!! :1036316054:

Today our terminal along with a few other terminals in New England went to their Local Hall and signed cards. The cards are going to Washington, DC to be verified by a arbitrator. The card verification will be announced as soon as the UPS contract is ratified hopefully by Tues.

We could possibly be at the negotiating table within two weeks. Oh by the way, if you are still listening to the BS being slung by a few misinformed individuals here, good luck!!! The Indy contract is a stand alone contract. Read what UPSF said regarding the contract. It was negotiated in good faith for the folks in Indy and only Indy.

This being said tells all. We are negotiating our own up in this neck of the woods. Also if you don't think UPSF upper management knows what is going on regarding the drive, you are living in a cave. Our TM knew where we were going today. Life is good!!! :1036316054:

In your opinion, What was the turn out, For and Against?

Speaking of N.E.
Has any one heard anything new on the effort in SBR, SPR, WFD, NBR, or HRS.

Not a thing, we have tried to contact people, but they do not reciprocate, I guess they are afraid we are MGNT on this board. And Hug's rite people are living in a cave if they think we cannot get better.

The neutrality agreement is in full swing once ratification is done, so get ready everybody. Thanx INDY for setting the pace.

In your opinion, What was the turn out, For and Against?

I think we had five or six that didn't want to sign. But we're in!!! The other terminals faired about the same. They're in!!! Now I'm hearing grumblings from SBR, SPR and WFD. Funny how things are in three's. Don't be surprised if they go in a couple of weeks. Last I heard PME and BUR were still on the fence.....go figure? What are you waiting for? Maybe they will shut them down and work around them!!! :hysterical:

Anyway, if the UPS contract is ratified this week, we will be heading to the Hall for another statergy meeting next weekend where we will elect a Steward for the city and possibly one for the road. Along with this we will be in contact with the other New England terminals that have signed to discuss a time and place to get together with Union Officals and UPSF Stewards.

At these meetings we will formulate our supplements (which will be close to the New England Northern and Southern Teamster Supplements) that were finished a week ago for the NMFA. Once our supplements are finalized, we will be sitting down with UPS to negotiate our supplements.

New England also wants to express our sincere gratitude to the courageous folks out in INDY. If you people didn't stand proud and strong, we would still be beaten down. THANK YOU!!! :1036316054:

You might have a lot of good faith in the teamsters I sure don't. I have to see the end results of the contract before I'm foolish enough to sign a card.

I think the next car I buy I sign all the paper work before I see it or test drive the car.

Are you guys back there that desperate. If so I'm sorry.

Skeeter you know dam well that's not how it works. All you're really saying is you're loking for an excuse to remain non-union.

Comparing the union to buying a car is apples and oranges.

Do your co-workers drive your car?
If that's the case then they all need to test drive it before you sign or purchase that car.

Do they all decide what color it should be, standard or automatic, leather or cloth, A/C or none, power seats, bucket or what?

Asking for union representation and expecting a contract at the same time is selfish, that's why you can compare it to buying a car. That purchase is selfish, it's for yourself.

Get off the fence and just admit it, you don't want the union, don't need it, are afraid of it uniting yourself to your co-workers becuase you can't have anyone having any bearing on what decisions could or would be made in reguards to your company. You don't want a voice in the work place you want a voice for yourself.

Lots of Luck in your purcahse, no one on this board is interested in your car, but many are interested in your company becuase it reflex and effects thier futrue and workplace alltogether.

T251

I think the next car I buy I sign all the paper work before I see it or test drive the car. :loser:

The car you drive Skeeter, does UPSF guarantee you enough money to keep it running for the next five years? :hysterical: Or are you going to ASSume they are?

I bet you also daydreamed of the day you take an imaginary trip to the faulty towers in RIC to hear the applause of upper management for being a good company man and fighting off the Union. :butt kiss:

Get real!!!

I think the next car I buy I sign all the paper work before I see it or test drive the car. :loser:

The car you drive Skeeter, does UPSF guarantee you enough money to keep it running for the next five years? :hysterical: Or are you going to ASSume they are?

I bet you also daydreamed of the day you take an imaginary trip to the faulty towers in RIC to hear the applause of upper management for being a good company man and fighting off the Union. :butt kiss:

Get real!!!

Once again!!! You will not bargain or negotiate your contract or know the end results of your contract, UNTIL you FIRST sign a card and win the majority for union representation. If you are NOT represented by the teamsters you will NOT have any say in the reigonal supplements for the contract. Its that simple!!!

be nice if a few of you would stay in touch ..local 170 as of last week was in the ''we know nothing but will let you know when to come in and sign cards"mode, and this was from the sec. treasurer and coo of the local

You might have a lot of good faith in the teamsters I sure don't. I have to see the end results of the contract before I'm foolish enough to sign a card.

I think the next car I buy I sign all the paper work before I see it or test drive the car.

Are you guys back there that desperate. If so I'm sorry.

No, not desperate, smart ,go back in your cave.....

be nice if a few of you would stay in touch ..local 170 as of last week was in the ''we know nothing but will let you know when to come in and sign cards"mode, and this was from the sec. treasurer and coo of the local

We will keep you posterd for sure, we all need to do this in order for us too negotiate strength.

Come one, come all.

Skeeter you know dam well that's not how it works. All you're really saying is you're loking for an excuse to remain non-union.

Comparing the union to buying a car is apples and oranges.

Do your co-workers drive your car?
If that's the case then they all need to test drive it before you sign or purchase that car.

Do they all decide what color it should be, standard or automatic, leather or cloth, A/C or none, power seats, bucket or what?

Asking for union representation and expecting a contract at the same time is selfish, that's why you can compare it to buying a car. That purchase is selfish, it's for yourself.

Get off the fence and just admit it, you don't want the union, don't need it, are afraid of it uniting yourself to your co-workers becuase you can't have anyone having any bearing on what decisions could or would be made in reguards to your company. You don't want a voice in the work place you want a voice for yourself.

Lots of Luck in your purcahse, no one on this board is interested in your car, but many are interested in your company becuase it reflex and effects thier futrue and workplace alltogether.

T251

Here we go again. Looking for a excuse to stay nonunion. I don't need an excuse I have a vote and I and I alone will decide on that vote.

What I am looking for is a good contract I can be happy with. That Indy contract is not it.

You come on this UPSF board and make all the remarks you want. It's easy for you. You have a much better contract.

To bad this one is not being crammed don't your throat.

Then I can post how stupid you are for not taking it.:nutkick:

and you think this master contract with ups wasn't crammed down our throat? Compared to previous contract neg., I've never seen a
push so hard to have it ratified 10 months before the old contract expires? :shock:

and you think this master contract with ups wasn't crammed down our throat? Compared to previous contract neg., I've never seen a
push so hard to have it ratified 10 months before the old contract expires? :shock:

Right now UPS is in a good position in all its divisions with tonnage and revenue. Doing better than everyone else for a matter of fact, they certainly do not want a hiccup now especially during peak, nevermind the 100 yr anniversary.

Look at the facts.

DHL lost 3 billion so far here in the U.S. this year. (By the way, I don't see them buying anyone here soon.)
YRC is slidding quickly, their regionals are operating at 102.5. And investors are screaming for a corporate overall.
FDX has numerous labor lawsuits which they continue to fight and lose in Supreme Court, tonnage and revenues are down in all divisions. The acquisition of Watkins Motor Freight was another blunder, (Kinko's being the first.)
CNF, which now has become the new CF, is in the middle of consolidation and internal merger, which is costing millions. Also here too tonnage and revenues are down.
ABF, was denied from withdrawing from the Central States Pension and also is experiencing a tonnage and revenue decline.

And the rest, are trying to weather out the economy. Many of these smaller freight and parcel carriers are giving huge discounts to try to slow the bleeding. It may not be enough. UPS predicted in 2008 that we could see a few major midsize to large freight companies fold due to the cost of doing business and the poor state of the economy.

So if you had any doubt that they did not see this coming, just read any of the financial papers. The numbers don't lie.
So I think $9 over 5yrs is a damn good deal.