TForce | N.E. Has Spoken

UPS CEO, Mike E**** said we will be the biggest freight company in the world possibly within 10yrs.
Thats why it is essential that we stand together. There we be a lot of casualties along the way!!!

Well now that we have established the ground work, and come too the realization on past practices that UPSF not only wants but needs the union, what the hell are we waiting for?:1036316054::1036316054:

UPS does not care if we organize or not. They bought OVNT as a bargaining chip for Hoffa and the teamsters. Why else would they give IND up without so much as a verification of the card count? This was done to ensure Hoffa stays as President giving Hoffa the Company that beat his @## down in the media on a platter. Then they used this a chip in the big game to get out of the multi-employee Central States Pension joke. Neither the teamsters or UPS has our best interest in mind, but we still need a contract so we will have some ground work, because if we go without the chips are a lot more easily played. UPS does have more clout with the rank and file, because they can help the teamsters more than the rank and file. If UPS does not stand in the way(and they will not) of organizing the old O will allow more $$$$ to the teamsters in the way of dues.

Yes, I believe this is true also.:1036316054:

wake up you dunder heads, ups and all the carriers knew full well that the economy was slowing. UPS has money in the bank and are quite ready to buy out their competition or destroy them if need be, at this time ups does not give a rats as* wheather you are union or not. To accept a contract as worthless as the indy one is criminal. We should be at parity with parcel, don't we do the same job. What is ups going to do if we refuse their offer. They are so afraid of confrontation at this point, use the cards your dealt and remember you have more chips in this game than you will ever have. If you don't think the teamsters will sell you out again and again just come to Motor Cargo, Reno and ask anyone here how they can be trusted. Have you every heard anywhere by the teamsters or anyone else that we have been union for over thirty years and that we have beat 2 decerts since overnite took over and won them both? I think not. I am just as embrassed to be a teamsters member as they are to have me be one.

wake up you dunder heads, ups and all the carriers knew full well that the economy was slowing. UPS has money in the bank and are quite ready to buy out their competition or destroy them if need be, at this time ups does not give a rats as* wheather you are union or not. To accept a contract as worthless as the indy one is criminal. We should be at parity with parcel, don't we do the same job. What is ups going to do if we refuse their offer. They are so afraid of confrontation at this point, use the cards your dealt and remember you have more chips in this game than you will ever have. If you don't think the teamsters will sell you out again and again just come to Motor Cargo, Reno and ask anyone here how they can be trusted. Have you every heard anywhere by the teamsters or anyone else that we have been union for over thirty years and that we have beat 2 decerts since overnite took over and won them both? I think not. I am just as embrassed to be a teamsters member as they are to have me be one.

Well I certainly cannot disagree with what you have said......:1036316054:

You need to wake up. We do not do the same job as parcel. Last time I checked the average parcel driver handles 100 -170 stops per day. The most I've ever done is in the low 20's. They make 4 billion in profits per year, we make about 200 -300 million per year. Maybe we should let you go and bargain? Get ready for the laughter from the other side of the table.

You need to wake up. We do not do the same job as parcel. Last time I checked the average parcel driver handles 100 -170 stops per day. The most I've ever done is in the low 20's. They make 4 billion in profits per year, we make about 200 -300 million per year. Maybe we should let you go and bargain? Get ready for the laughter from the other side of the table.

Being a teamster, I do not think, but I could be wrong, he is not asking for what parcel has for a contract, this is impractical, thee monies given to us in this contract is UPSF, not parcel, It is not a wise business decision too put monies from a profitable entity to another, not good business scence, to say the contract could be better time will tell, but we have too start somewhere.

How many stops do you think a Feeder Driver makes in day? Probably less than we do at UPS Freight. I am sick of being compared to a parcel driver, it is a different job. But we are more similar to a feeder driver and they make more than the package car driver does. I don't feel to good about being paid $8/hr less to do the same job..I am definitely for taking this contract now because we need protection and respect first, but next time I'll expect way better pay and bennies...

Skeeter, you certainly know how to stir the pot!!! But who's they? It does not sound like "WE or US". You see in order to get some things in life, cooperation, teamwork and sacrifice is needed. These are key ingredients you forgot in the pot you've been stirring.

You appear by your post to be of a intellegent nature. By all counts from what I've read, most likely top senior driver or damn near close. Why are you waiting for the Teamsters to show up? First off, the IBT is not coming to your terminal until you people go to them. Secondly, this is a critical time in our young history. We need leaders, not followers!!! As an elder statesmen at your barn, I would hope you would be leading this organizing campaign and not belly aching. If you do not want what Indy has, then become active. Help write a solid regional supplemental contract that fits the needs of Northern California. You know if it isn't to your liking and it passes ratification without your participation, please do us a favor and keep your comments to yourself. There is enough, could'ves, should'ves and would'ves in America. Right now we need proactive people and not reactive people!!! This comment goes for everyone associated with UPSF. :1036316054:

We got people calling on almost a daily bases and no return calls. So it's not like we haven't tried or been trying.
Local 150 has always been a big joke in this part of the country.

You right about one thing. No one on the west coast has more seniority than me. I guess that make me pretty old and tired.:hysterical:

How many stops do you think a Feeder Driver makes in day? Probably less than we do at UPS Freight. I am sick of being compared to a parcel driver, it is a different job. But we are more similar to a feeder driver and they make more than the package car driver does. I don't feel to good about being paid $8/hr less to do the same job..I am definitely for taking this contract now because we need protection and respect first, but next time I'll expect way better pay and bennies...

The same as a road driver.

I have a question . Once we are all teamsters do you think they will treat us like the rest of the freight lines ? As I look around the boards here I see that all of the union lines have people layed off and still more to come , and it looks like they didnt get everyone called back from last year. What am I missing here ? I dont want to have to pack up and move to bumble fing egyt to keep a job every time there is a lay off or change of operations. but maybe some of you might. Looks like there might be a local job opening up in New York this spring some of you might need to put your name in the hat.

The Union is not a "Magic" pill! UPS will not enter into an agreement that will not give them operating flexibility, so a contract will have given and take on both sides. However I still think a contract and representation is our best bet. The teamsters really can help you if you are unjustly fired or written up, but they can not protect an employee from their own stupidity. What is your senority whre you are? If it is middle to higher I would not worry about it, if you are on the bottom the Company will flex as they need to survive in their minds. These Company's are run by Wall St, so what an employee thinks is surviving is not what the Company thinks as they have to show continous growth. It would be great if Companies would use common sense and take out the inefficencies but they often do not and this would make everyone happy. Everyonje is complaining about the Indy contract, but I say it is a start and then we can work from there. Gone are the days when Hoffa's father negotiated contracts, because in this global economy we are living in and which will become more in the years to come shippers will not put up with it regards if the Company will. Unions will always exsist as unfortunately "people will not treat others with respect over an extended periord of time."

We got people calling on almost a daily bases and no return calls. So it's not like we haven't tried or been trying.
Local 150 has always been a big joke in this part of the country.

You right about one thing. No one on the west coast has more seniority than me. I guess that make me pretty old and tired.:hysterical:

Sorry to hear that. I guess it was like a National Organizer told me. Some Locals are not all there. Sometimes they have their own agendas I guess!!!

Congrats on being on the short end. There is a saying the way to becoming the most senior driver is don't get canned and don't die!!! Words I can agree with.

you can take that crappy indy contract and wait for 6 years to get what you deserve, I have never in my life seen so many people who will settle and that is what ups is counting on. I am doing what a feeder driver is doing and I want the pay they are getting, if you feel you need to stay at the pay scale your at so what. O surely did a number on it's employees head, but I forget that you like to stand around and not get paid and work over 40 without overtime pay. too each his own.

you can take that crappy indy contract and wait for 6 years to get what you deserve, I have never in my life seen so many people who will settle and that is what ups is counting on. I am doing what a feeder driver is doing and I want the pay they are getting, if you feel you need to stay at the pay scale your at so what. O surely did a number on it's employees head, but I forget that you like to stand around and not get paid and work over 40 without overtime pay. too each his own.

You will never see what small package get's, if you are that interested in getting what they provide go there, there is alot too be said about logic and you my freind lack just that sometimes, you are not comparing apples too apples, two different ball games.

You all know theres a few items in that Indy contract that a lot of us have been whinning about for a long time when we were still Overnite.

Such as time,and a half after 8 hours per day,for us citydrivers,and fultime dock workers.
Also the delay pay for the linehaul operation.

Are we all holding our breath to see what UPS is going to offer us regarding next years pay increase?

Do you all think these items will be automaticly added into next years package if we stay a non-union company?

That would have happened allready, they are not interested......

Time will tell!!!!! I think they will offer pots of gold to everyone...With its own leprechaun in every box.....With fresh retread kneepads.....And overtime after 8...SURE.....But you will have the fine privilege of going home after lunch everyday....And benefits.....Please define the word and repeat in sentence.....Now for the best part....FLEXIBILITY........petroleum products need not apply.....

Time will tell!!!!! I think they will offer pots of gold to everyone...With its own leprechaun in every box.....With fresh retread kneepads.....And overtime after 8...SURE.....But you will have the fine privilege of going home after lunch everyday....And benefits.....Please define the word and repeat in sentence.....Now for the best part....FLEXIBILITY........petroleum products need not apply.....

I think you're exactly right on.:1036316054: