TForce | N.E. Has Spoken

Right now UPS is in a good position in all its divisions with tonnage and revenue. Doing better than everyone else for a matter of fact, they certainly do not want a hiccup now especially during peak, nevermind the 100 yr anniversary.

Look at the facts.

DHL lost 3 billion so far here in the U.S. this year. (By the way, I don't see them buying anyone here soon.)
YRC is slidding quickly, their regionals are operating at 102.5. And investors are screaming for a corporate overall.
FDX has numerous labor lawsuits which they continue to fight and lose in Supreme Court, tonnage and revenues are down in all divisions. The acquisition of Watkins Motor Freight was another blunder, (Kinko's being the first.)
CNF, which now has become the new CF, is in the middle of consolidation and internal merger, which is costing millions. Also here too tonnage and revenues are down.
ABF, was denied from withdrawing from the Central States Pension and also is experiencing a tonnage and revenue decline.

And the rest, are trying to weather out the economy. Many of these smaller freight and parcel carriers are giving huge discounts to try to slow the bleeding. It may not be enough. UPS predicted in 2008 that we could see a few major midsize to large freight companies fold due to the cost of doing business and the poor state of the economy.

So if you had any doubt that they did not see this coming, just read any of the financial papers. The numbers don't lie.
So I think $9 over 5yrs is a damn good deal.

So is $4.65! plus frozen med costs.

Does anyone know how the NMFA talks are progressing?
The last I heard Yellow wanted to bring the NMFA down a notch,or two to be more like the UPS Freight Indy agreement.

I know all of us UPS freight workers wanted to be included in the NMFA,and we were denied by the Teamsters.
But the way the economy,and high health care is going maybe the Indy contract wil wind up being nearer to the NMFA then any of us would of imagined.

Does anyone know how the NMFA talks are progressing?
The last I heard Yellow wanted to bring the NMFA down a notch,or two to be more like the UPS Freight Indy agreement.

I know all of us UPS freight workers wanted to be included in the NMFA,and we were denied by the Teamsters.
But the way the economy,and high health care is going maybe the Indy contract wil wind up being nearer to the NMFA then any of us would of imagined.

Apo, the IBT did not exclude us from the NMFA, it was UPS. If you also look at my post #19 you'll see what is happening to a few large union and non-union carriers to date. Some of these companies are not resourceful enough to sustain a long term recession without downsizing and restructuring. Others may have to dig into prudent cash reserves and ask for refinancing of current loans to extend their payments at a lower interest rate, and still there is no guarantees.

This being said, when I hear Teamsters say "Oh, we are in negotiations, the company always cries poor mouth when we sit down," would have some weight if infact the economy was solid. Apparently some have failed to notice the trucks are'nt full. No companies trucks are full, unless you are giving massive dicounts and are hauling it for nothing.

I am not knocking any bargaining unit from getting the most out of their employer. Or from employers trying to save their respective companies from financial collapes. But when it comes to Indy, I believe it is a good start for them and UPSF as a whole. I hope each region gets a contract they can be proud of and the remaining union carriers get a contract that works for them.

Well then whatever any of us think about Indys choice of excepting their offer.
They are now enjoying their new wage,and benefit package.
As well as contract language that has granted them respect.

And the rest of us have a wait for the cards to be offered to continue pressing on toward our future increases whatever they may be.

I understand and agree with Skeeters point that it is his vote and only his vote. However we as a group are so fragmented and that is why a contract is hard to image in the near future. We will not allow strenth thru Unity. Many of the comments by Lieb are true, only disagree with the strenght of UPS in this deal. We are just like everyone else in the fight of our lives with fuel futures going up and a slowing economy. The only thing keeping UPS looking good as a corporation is they bought the China rights. We are torn by those that want a contract like the 60's and those that are happy to start with the Indy contract and work from there. I beleive in representation, but one thing the old OVNT did was create a work group that is out for themselves and not what is for the group as a whole. I hope we can work thru this but it will be very difficult.

I understand and agree with Skeeters point that it is his vote and only his vote. However we as a group are so fragmented and that is why a contract is hard to image in the near future. We will not allow strenth thru Unity. Many of the comments by Lieb are true, only disagree with the strenght of UPS in this deal. We are just like everyone else in the fight of our lives with fuel futures going up and a slowing economy. The only thing keeping UPS looking good as a corporation is they bought the China rights. We are torn by those that want a contract like the 60's and those that are happy to start with the Indy contract and work from there. I beleive in representation, but one thing the old OVNT did was create a work group that is out for themselves and not what is for the group as a whole. I hope we can work thru this but it will be very difficult.

MFASU, I tried to stir things up as hard as I could hoping to make a difference with other voters concerning the Indy contract.
That they might fight harder for a better deal.
Maybe I've gone over board I don't know.
I really believe through we will have a good Idea by the first of the year how many terminals are going to sign enough cards.
I'm beginning to believe it will be in our best interest to be teamsters and integrate with UPS without labor problems.
5 years I'm gone anyway. So the younger crowd will benefit even more on the next contract. I'm sure by then they will know how and what they want in a contract and won't be pushed around by UPS or the teamsters. So all I can do is wait on the teamsters to show up and hold a meeting.

As Skeeter has just explained to you, in another 5 years we have the opportunity to get more, provided we all stick together, I would have hoped for a better contract as well , but one must realize what we are up against. There is strength in unity.

WE ARE TRUCK DRIVERS, and I am sure, particularly down south, you hear truckers stick together, I hear it up here all the time, well I say it's about time we live up too the cliche.Our moves now determin the future of this company for the common good of all, and not just me or you.

"O" had its good points I will be the first too admit it, things are changing and I see it more and more everyday, and I am not sure I want to work in a place that runs as the third reich without the protection, and this is allready taken place on a slow and somewhat even keel.

Some just have to realize, take what you can get now, and later down the road at negotiation time, we go for more. This economy is in a little slump domestically because the monies was deverted overseas, it will not be this way in another 5 years, economic level goes up and down domestically every 15 years or so.

As far as our division is concearned, I think most live in fear of loosing a good paying job, and not being able to find another, this is the stickler, and most have just rite too feel this way as well as loosing what seniority they have obtained in this current system.

We are all in a niche, and unforunatley, things are going to change some more, the wrighting is on the wall, lets not be divided, lets create a niche for the future.

UPS is not going anywhere for a longtime, jack also say's in the last "Over the road " rag we will be the best, that being said, change is inevitable, and hold on for the ride, and for those who see it, they will unite, for those who do not see it, you had better start looking at what is happening around you.

This is not paranoia, if you look at the FDXF site all mention at one point or another that FDXF is running not even close to what american was running like in atmospere, that was change , and it is still changing as we speak, and you can bet on the fact that in 5 more years, we will not be the same iether.

Embrace the fruit now, it's the only protection you have, and this is an unbiast opinion, I believe in the union in theory, not practice, but I also see the wrighting on the wall.

MFASU, I tried to stir things up as hard as I could hoping to make a difference with other voters concerning the Indy contract.
That they might fight harder for a better deal.

So all I can do is wait on the teamsters to show up and hold a meeting.

Skeeter, you certainly know how to stir the pot!!! But who's they? It does not sound like "WE or US". You see in order to get some things in life, cooperation, teamwork and sacrifice is needed. These are key ingredients you forgot in the pot you've been stirring.

You appear by your post to be of a intellegent nature. By all counts from what I've read, most likely top senior driver or damn near close. Why are you waiting for the Teamsters to show up? First off, the IBT is not coming to your terminal until you people go to them. Secondly, this is a critical time in our young history. We need leaders, not followers!!! As an elder statesmen at your barn, I would hope you would be leading this organizing campaign and not belly aching. If you do not want what Indy has, then become active. Help write a solid regional supplemental contract that fits the needs of Northern California. You know if it isn't to your liking and it passes ratification without your participation, please do us a favor and keep your comments to yourself. There is enough, could'ves, should'ves and would'ves in America. Right now we need proactive people and not reactive people!!! This comment goes for everyone associated with UPSF. :1036316054:

WOW hugnlug you are raising a very good point.
You should get another green box for this here post of yours.
A lot of the bad laws that are being put on the books in this country is because good people did nothing to allow them to get passed.

whenever we want change we can't sit around complaning,and not do anything to make the change.
hugnlug you give yourselfe a 100% for this idea.

Not a thing, we have tried to contact people, but they do not reciprocate, I guess they are afraid we are MGNT on this board. And Hug's rite people are living in a cave if they think we cannot get better.

The neutrality agreement is in full swing once ratification is done, so get ready everybody. Thanx INDY for setting the pace.
Things will soon be alot better for all of us. good luck:1036316054:

I think we had five or six that didn't want to sign. But we're in!!! The other terminals faired about the same. They're in!!! Now I'm hearing grumblings from SBR, SPR and WFD. Funny how things are in three's. Don't be surprised if they go in a couple of weeks. Last I heard PME and BUR were still on the fence.....go figure? What are you waiting for? Maybe they will shut them down and work around them!!! :hysterical:

Anyway, if the UPS contract is ratified this week, we will be heading to the Hall for another statergy meeting next weekend where we will elect a Steward for the city and possibly one for the road. Along with this we will be in contact with the other New England terminals that have signed to discuss a time and place to get together with Union Officals and UPSF Stewards.

At these meetings we will formulate our supplements (which will be close to the New England Northern and Southern Teamster Supplements) that were finished a week ago for the NMFA. Once our supplements are finalized, we will be sitting down with UPS to negotiate our supplements.

New England also wants to express our sincere gratitude to the courageous folks out in INDY. If you people didn't stand proud and strong, we would still be beaten down. THANK YOU!!! :1036316054:

You guys hold your heads HIGH,, :1036316054:

Here we go again. Looking for a excuse to stay nonunion. I don't need an excuse I have a vote and I and I alone will decide on that vote.

What I am looking for is a good contract I can be happy with. That Indy contract is not it.

You come on this UPSF board and make all the remarks you want. It's easy for you. You have a much better contract.

To bad this one is not being crammed don't your throat.

Then I can post how stupid you are for not taking it.:nutkick:
Well let me say this ,,If your barn signs enough cards and votes yes for the contract,,you'll either be a member or u will loose out on the rite to vote on futher contracts and stating your mind. But you will pay dues even though you don't want the union you just won't pay the full amount...SORRY:1036316054:

Well then whatever any of us think about Indys choice of excepting their offer.
They are now enjoying their new wage,and benefit package.
As well as contract language that has granted them respect.

And the rest of us have a wait for the cards to be offered to continue pressing on toward our future increases whatever they may be.
The time has come to come together ,brotherhood is very important now, you all need to stick together.. Make no mistake about it the TM jobs r on the line, They r losing there power and this company will be run by UPS not each TM like OVNT did it. Keep the faith, come together, :1036316054:

You are exactly right we need to come together as a unified body of one; however that is the toughest point. The TM's are just puppets on a string pulled in all directions by J. Holmes and J. Kolb which is why we need representation. I bet the TM's wish they had representation because UPS is changing their minds daily on how and what to do. We need to focus on Unity and nothing else.

You are exactly right we need to come together as a unified body of one; however that is the toughest point. The TM's are just puppets on a string pulled in all directions by J. Holmes and J. Kolb which is why we need representation. I bet the TM's wish they had representation because UPS is changing their minds daily on how and what to do. We need to focus on Unity and nothing else.

I truely believe that if UPS did not want thier trucking entity to have a union they would have done something to crush it, they have the monies and the strength.

Indy was all alone in this venture, there was very little strength in thier negotiations, but it happened ,they made it happen, if the rest of us become union, now we have more strength, and it is up too us at this point to make it happen, and if we do not make it happen, UPS will make it happen, after all, the rules are just starting.

The biggest problem we have yet too face is MGNT. locally too except a contract, and apply it, unfortunatly when you have MGNT. currently shooting from the hip, it's hard to train, this will be the deciding factor for all, and put the grievance process to the test, after a while of this they will leave or adhere to the binding rituals of the contract.

UPS wants this over with, and anyone who thinks UPS bought us because we were non union is only fooling them selves, we were cheap and big, as opposed to our competitors, they could careless about how we feel, after all they did not get as big as they are without making monies, and they will make more, at our expense. I will not say however thus far they are an etrocious company too work for, but we are in our infancy.

Just give it time, the card check is in full swing yes, but we have 3 years to get this thing together, and if we do not do it on our own, UPS will make it happen, and do not listen to your TM'S ,believe me if they can put the tiebosh on your decision , it means less work and headaches for them, and I ask myself, did he or she come to me too ask my opinion on wether they wanted to be a TM or not? I did not put them there and why should it effect me?

It comes with the territory , take it or leave it, or as the old cliche` "If you cant stand the heat ,get out of the kitchen" I have heard this a few times uttered from dispatch or TM'S in the past, they will do nothing but fog the decision making, they do not want more work. after all this is why they work for a non union company.

I am sure we will see a bigger turn out this time in comparison too the past, mark these words.:smilie_132:

I truely believe that if UPS did not want thier trucking entity to have a union they would have done something to crush it, they have the monies and the strength.

Indy was all alone in this venture, there was very little strength in thier negotiations, but it happened ,they made it happen, if the rest of us become union, now we have more strength, and it is up too us at this point to make it happen, and if we do not make it happen, UPS will make it happen, after all, the rules are just starting.

The biggest problem we have yet too face is MGNT. locally too except a contract, and apply it, unfortunatly when you have MGNT. currently shooting from the hip, it's hard to train, this will be the deciding factor for all, and put the grievance process to the test, after a while of this they will leave or adhere to the binding rituals of the contract.

UPS wants this over with, and anyone who thinks UPS bought us because we were non union is only fooling them selves, we were cheap and big, as opposed to our competitors, they could careless about how we feel, after all they did not get as big as they are without making monies, and they will make more, at our expense. I will not say however thus far they are an etrocious company too work for, but we are in our infancy.

Just give it time, the card check is in full swing yes, but we have 3 years to get this thing together, and if we do not do it on our own, UPS will make it happen, and do not listen to your TM'S ,believe me if they can put the tiebosh on your decision , it means less work and headaches for them, and I ask myself, did he or she come to me too ask my opinion on wether they wanted to be a TM or not? I did not put them there and why should it effect me?

It comes with the territory , take it or leave it, or as the old cliche` "If you cant stand the heat ,get out of the kitchen" I have heard this a few times uttered from dispatch or TM'S in the past, they will do nothing but fog the decision making, they do not want more work. after all this is why they work for a non union company.

I am sure we will see a bigger turn out this time in comparison too the past, mark these words.:smilie_132:

I agree with ACCELERATOR. UPS has been shopping for an LTL carrier for quite some time now and if anyone thinks that UPS would try to purchase a company and feel confident that it would not try to go union is nuts. A part of me believes that they have more pull with Teamsters than the members do.

Also, does anyone recall when Mr. Suggs sent out the anti union DVD's and the response to the Teamsters from Mike Eskew.

CEO of UPS Responds to Hoffa Rebuke

Where is Leo now???

I agree with ACCELERATOR. UPS has been shopping for an LTL carrier for quite some time now and if anyone thinks that UPS would try to purchase a company and feel confident that it would not try to go union is nuts. A part of me believes that they have more pull with Teamsters than the members do.

Also, does anyone recall when Mr. Suggs sent out the anti union DVD's and the response to the Teamsters from Mike Eskew.

CEO of UPS Responds to Hoffa Rebuke

Where is Leo now???

Anyone who stands in the way of UPS Freight going into the union will be gone. This is bigger than a Pres., VP, TM or any driver/dockworker. UPS wants and needs this to happen to cut over lapping costs. All employees under the same umbrella. The technology that UPS pocesses alone will cover any cost of unionization. I truley believe that UPS will crush many a LTL company in the next 5 years. They have the size and the money to price war anyone out of business. One LTL at a time.

UPS does not care if we organize or not. They bought OVNT as a bargaining chip for Hoffa and the teamsters. Why else would they give IND up without so much as a verification of the card count? This was done to ensure Hoffa stays as President giving Hoffa the Company that beat his @## down in the media on a platter. Then they used this a chip in the big game to get out of the multi-employee Central States Pension joke. Neither the teamsters or UPS has our best interest in mind, but we still need a contract so we will have some ground work, because if we go without the chips are a lot more easily played. UPS does have more clout with the rank and file, because they can help the teamsters more than the rank and file. If UPS does not stand in the way(and they will not) of organizing the old O will allow more $$$$ to the teamsters in the way of dues.

I truley believe that UPS will crush many a LTL company in the next 5 years. They have the size and the money to price war anyone out of business. One LTL at a time.

OUCH!!! I think you hit the nail right on the head! Unfortunately I think that the writing is on the wall. In time, UPS, FedEx & DHL will probably be the whole show. Hopefully the YRCs, ABFs, ConWays etc will be be gobbled up by the big 3 instead of being squeezed out.

OUCH!!! I think you hit the nail right on the head! Unfortunately I think that the writing is on the wall. In time, UPS, FedEx & DHL will probably be the whole show. Hopefully the YRCs, ABFs, ConWays etc will be be gobbled up by the big 3 instead of being squeezed out.

UPS CEO, Mike E**** said we will be the biggest freight company in the world possibly within 10yrs.
Thats why it is essential that we stand together. There we be a lot of casualties along the way!!!