FedEx Freight | National becomes Freight?

YES - National will become Freight, Freight will become Express, Express will become Ground, Ground will say "screw it" and turn into just plain FEDEX.

After all this re branding, rehiring and re lettering corporate will decide that they are losing too much money, file bankruptcy and will then form new revisions; AF, Watkins, Kinko's, Viking, Federal Express, etc.....

and by the way,

"Here's your sign"

YES - National will become Freight, Freight will become Express, Express will become Ground, Ground will say "screw it" and turn into just plain FEDEX.

After all this re branding, rehiring and re lettering corporate will decide that they are losing too much money, file bankruptcy and will then form new revisions; AF, Watkins, Kinko's, Viking, Federal Express, etc.....

and by the way,

"Here's your sign"

Thats odd when there is a Fed Ex driver in the Union/Non union debate bragging about how great it is at Fed Ex.How your treated like family.

Thats odd when there is a Fed Ex driver in the Union/Non union debate bragging about how great it is at Fed Ex.How your treated like family.

It was a sarcasim to what he considered a dumb question....And don't equate us here at FXN with that FXF freak....he has got lots of issues....I'd say he represents that 1% of drivers that all companies have....:smilie_132:

I doubt it

I am wondering by any chance if FedEx will convert us to Freight in the future? :Die:

After my past experiences at HRT I have learned never to say never when it comes to FedEx. That being said, this is a tired old question that keeps popping up over and over. My take on it is if they wanted National to become part of Freight, they would have made us part of them in the beginning. It doesn't seem logical to spend millions of dollars re-branding us as National only to change their minds a couple of years later. Think of how confusing it would be to the customers to have to explain once again that we have a new name, that we are part of something different once again. But who knows? These are not logical times. The whole economy is headed down unfamiliar territory. All we can do is sit down and hang on, and hope that in the end, when the dust settles, we are all still aboard the FedEx train.

It was a sarcasim to what he considered a dumb question....And don't equate us here at FXN with that FXF freak....he has got lots of issues....I'd say he represents that 1% of drivers that all companies have....:smilie_132:

Thanks ls,

I guess they pull your "sense of humor endorsement" when they issue you a card!!!!!!

Oops, delete this post if I violated rule ocho....

:censored2:

After my past experiences at HRT I have learned never to say never when it comes to FedEx. That being said, this is a tired old question that keeps popping up over and over. My take on it is if they wanted National to become part of Freight, they would have made us part of them in the beginning. It doesn't seem logical to spend millions of dollars re-branding us as National only to change their minds a couple of years later. Think of how confusing it would be to the customers to have to explain once again that we have a new name, that we are part of something different once again. But who knows? These are not logical times. The whole economy is headed down unfamiliar territory. All we can do is sit down and hang on, and hope that in the end, when the dust settles, we are all still aboard the FedEx train.

Well spoken! I'm with you on this one. Hopefully when this thing is all over we will still have a job. Getting too damned old to put in applications and besides, still kinda like it here. BTW, I flyfish myself and am waiting on the first hatch............cant wait.

We just laid off 900 employees to make room for Fed-Ex National throughout all our terminals.:duh:

That's Right National is a BIG reason for the recent layoffs at FREIGHT. National is the low cost option. Anyone who works the dock at a hub sees the freight that used to move overnight from say MSN to IND, being loaded onto a NATIONAL trap trailer for 5 day service at a much cheaper rate. I used CGX hub as an example.

That's Right National is a BIG reason for the recent layoffs at FREIGHT
That's odd we now load ALL of our Wal-Mart trailers and drag them straight to Freight so they can deliver them for us. Plus at least 2 other 53' boxes of other misc. freight that end up there as well. So that's 4 every day that go there that I know of maybe more some days and maybe less. But to say that National is the BIG reason is a falsehood...Have you turned on a T.V. lately or read a newspaper or listened to the radio...the economy STINKS right now!

Also I am not pointing fingers at Freight saying they are the "reason" for this or for that. Corporate makes those decisions not the local management.

I am wondering by any chance if FedEx will convert us to Freight in the future? :Die:

I'm not thinking they will, or should. As they explained to us, and you know, management never lies, Watkins was acquired to provide a lower cost alternative for the long haul, inter-regional market. A supposedly slightly slower transit time in exchange for cheaper rates. Just think how confusing it would be for the customer and customer service to figure out how to get the freight on the supposedly slower, cheaper truck.

Seeing how well FXFE and FXFW have merged, is this something we even want to consider?

I'm not thinking they will, or should. As they explained to us, and you know, management never lies, Watkins was acquired to provide a lower cost alternative for the long haul, inter-regional market. A supposedly slightly slower transit time in exchange for cheaper rates. Just think how confusing it would be for the customer and customer service to figure out how to get the freight on the supposedly slower, cheaper truck.

Seeing how well FXFE and FXFW have merged, is this something we even want to consider?
LOL, this is funny stuff.. we quoted a customer yesterday on a shipment to Wisconsin. 8000lbs. FXFE was 2 days at 854 bucks.. FXNL was 851 bucks and 4 days..LMFAO.. Guess which one the customer chose...:duh:

LOL, this is funny stuff.. we quoted a customer yesterday on a shipment to Wisconsin. 8000lbs. FXFE was 2 days at 854 bucks.. FXNL was 851 bucks and 4 days..LMFAO.. Guess which one the customer chose...:duh:

yeah it hard to compete OUT IN THE BOJACKS :biglaugh::smilie_132:

That's odd we now load ALL of our Wal-Mart trailers and drag them straight to Freight so they can deliver them for us. Plus at least 2 other 53' boxes of other misc. freight that end up there as well. So that's 4 every day that go there that I know of maybe more some days and maybe less. But to say that National is the BIG reason is a falsehood...Have you turned on a T.V. lately or read a newspaper or listened to the radio...the economy STINKS right now!

Also I am not pointing fingers at Freight saying they are the "reason" for this or for that. Corporate makes those decisions not the local management.

You are half right, Corporate makes the decisions. And they are adding drivers throughout National and Laying off at Freight.

That's Right National is a BIG reason for the recent layoffs at FREIGHT. National is the low cost option. Anyone who works the dock at a hub sees the freight that used to move overnight from say MSN to IND, being loaded onto a NATIONAL trap trailer for 5 day service at a much cheaper rate. I used CGX hub as an example.

Don't forget, if FedEx didn't offer the low cost option you wouldn't even see that freight. Customers wanting a low cost option would seek out another carrier. Just be glad you picked it up and not one of our drivers. More work for your city driver.

There's always a new way to look at things, you just have to be open to the possibility.

You are half right, Corporate makes the decisions. And they are adding drivers throughout National and Laying off at Freight.

I do not know if they are adding drivers. They have not hired here in a while. And the ones they did are sitting at home on the extra board.

I just got through coaching a dockhand convert today. Tomorrow he will be a new P&D driver..... he would have rather stayed a dockhand but had to go through the training to keep his job....