FedEx Freight | National becomes Freight?

I work for frieght, our manager said that the national/frieght merger is coming soon. I hope for your sake it is not true, because it has become a very depressing place to work....layoffs every couple months, moving runs from center to center, pay cuts, and the highest shipping rates nation wide. good luck

I was told by our human resource person that there would not be a merger! Who do you trust?

Who cares if it happens!! even if it does there is not a single thing anybody on here complaining about it can do!!! the dead horse has been kicked!!

I work for frieght, our manager said that the national/frieght merger is coming soon. I hope for your sake it is not true, because it has become a very depressing place to work....layoffs every couple months, moving runs from center to center, pay cuts, and the highest shipping rates nation wide. good luck

What pay cuts? And moving runs all they did was realign the line haul for faster run time which helps the customer. And at my center and others around that I have been to the last lay off was in Feb. or April. Cant disagree about shipping rates

Who cares if it happens!! even if it does there is not a single thing anybody on here complaining about it can do!!! the dead horse has been kicked!!

What is your seniority? If it happens, and you are not "high" seniority, you may be out of a job!:nutkick:

all watkins people had to fill out new applications when fedex bought them. if merge they go to bottom of fedex freight board

frt is hoping that we don't keep senority. We can only wait and see what happens. if it happens either way then it happens. we can still tell national drivers from frt because national run fog lights until they burn out.

all watkins people had to fill out new applications when fedex bought them. if merge they go to bottom of fedex freight board

Your dreaming...You got half a story from the rumor mill and hope it's true....I think there will be a lot of FXF drivers surprized if we are merged.

I think youre all full of crap,They will get rid of National all together and call back all the freight people that they laid off and then hire national drivers to be on the extra board!

When we filled the applications out,we put on there the date we hired on with Watkins. So it was like we worked for Fedex the whole time. Time wise that is.

frt is hoping that we don't keep senority. We can only wait and see what happens. if it happens either way then it happens. we can still tell national drivers from frt because national run fog lights until they burn out.

I only see kc drivers running fog lights!:clap:

They are not going to merge. Why would they spend all the money to integrate National into the Freight Accops system just to throw it away? That is a lot of revenue to spend on dock computers and Intermecs if they were to merge. Why would they waste the money when some terminals are less than a mile from Freights? Why are they buying new drop yards for National? Because they are operating as different entities even though National is a division of Freight.

Have you heard of Conway Truckload or UPS Freight Truckload? They are structured the same way and operate independently as a subsidiary.

It is my opinion that they would have merged before the Accops integration. Just wait, there is more money for FedEx to spend. The EDEN system for the line side of things.

we are freight you just want them to confirm it ? they do things so that you wont know it happened till they give you your new shirts and you get paid weekly