FedEx Freight | National becomes Freight?

I am Freight. My new shirts would say the same thing and I get paid weekly.

The only thing FedEx Freight will confirm to me at this time is that they are not merging. Not to say it will never be so. I don't really know. Who does here? These forums are opinions. Opinions.

Another Opinion:

Accops had to happen because of the limited service area that has been imposed on National making Freight doing the P&D in the outlying areas. Ten percent of the time I see the positive in this. Since National is a subsidiary of Freight it just makes sense that you guys have the same crappy system as us and why drive out 30 miles for a stop when we are already out there. (that was just an example)

The bad thing about doing the P&D work for National is that Freight is doing extra work and some National guy (or gal) is cut hours or even at home. Some of the sales people are selling the sh-- out of National. I see their volumes increasing and ours is still flat lined.

If it did happen, the seniority transfers by date of hire at Watkins. That was told to me by my Terminal Manager on a what if scenario.

I am Freight. My new shirts would say the same thing and I get paid weekly.

The only thing FedEx Freight will confirm to me at this time is that they are not merging. Not to say it will never be so. I don't really know. Who does here? These forums are opinions. Opinions.

Another Opinion:

Accops had to happen because of the limited service area that has been imposed on National making Freight doing the P&D in the outlying areas. Ten percent of the time I see the positive in this. Since National is a subsidiary of Freight it just makes sense that you guys have the same crappy system as us and why drive out 30 miles for a stop when we are already out there. (that was just an example)

The bad thing about doing the P&D work for National is that Freight is doing extra work and some National guy (or gal) is cut hours or even at home. Some of the sales people are selling the sh-- out of National. I see their volumes increasing and ours is still flat lined.

If it did happen, the seniority transfers by date of hire at Watkins. That was told to me by my Terminal Manager on a what if scenario.
AND YOU BELIVE HIMaghhhhh

AND YOU BELIVE HIMaghhhhh

Why wouldn't I believe him? He would know better than anyone else at my terminal. He has never given me misinformation or flat out lied to me like my Operations and AM dock managers routinely do.

Just because he has "Manager" in his title doesn't mean he spews lies with every word. I know some do. They tell you what you want to hear and then you find out later what it really is.

Do you know something that we all don't? Please share. Or are you just FedUp with everything FedEx.

Alot of new uniforms dont say national or freight just Fed-ex with everything going the way its is i'll be lucky to be the yard cleaner after they try to find a location (BIDS) for teams that got broken up in CIN,HSB.But anyone that wants to be ahead of game i have some old freight uniforms for sale even have a custom critical uniform for that special look LOL! cheap 9.95

Rumor has it that we will lose 9 more team bids out of Cincinnati. 18 more drivers back to the single board. Oh boy.

i did it in newark ? he didnt notice.LOL i spoke to team from cinn and heard it was up to 21 teams like harrisburg. i here both ways 1st well have work for everyone ,

Just heard from a driver who told me quote " You ain't gonna be this ::shit:: but Mr. Smith called him and said to shut up all the whinnin he is merging freight into Fedex National LTL , but he was letting freight keep their seniority." So it has to be true the way he started the story. Thanks Vets for your service and happy Memorial Day to all.

pay me every week, i'll work anywhere! dont care as long as i can pay my bills i'll work for (fed-ex national express freight critical ground home delivery service) DONT CARE PAY ME there nothing we can do,we cant change what is done,remember whats your EID#, not name!number,at freight i got bonus every 3months,paid every week,if you look freight does better than Nat.LTL, when i left freight i couldnt believe the difference in pay benifits, as long as we have jobs thats what counts, Fed ex knew when they submitted permission to purchase watkins to the S.E.C what they were going to do.ONLY MY 2CENT

They are not going to merge. Why would they spend all the money to integrate National into the Freight Accops system just to throw it away? That is a lot of revenue to spend on dock computers and Intermecs if they were to merge. Why would they waste the money when some terminals are less than a mile from Freights? Why are they buying new drop yards for National? Because they are operating as different entities even though National is a division of Freight.

Have you heard of Conway Truckload or UPS Freight Truckload? They are structured the same way and operate independently as a subsidiary.

It is my opinion that they would have merged before the Accops integration. Just wait, there is more money for FedEx to spend. The EDEN system for the line side of things.

Changing to ACCOPS, combined sales force, making the Driver Development program identical to Freight, sending Mike Moss over...I see a pattern. :shift:

Changing to ACCOPS, combined sales force, making the Driver Development program identical to Freight, sending Mike Moss over...I see a pattern. :shift:

Where have you been..We were told 2 years ago that National and the west would slowly adopt the easts whole format,so we would all have the same system, pay scale, rules ect...

Where have you been..We were told 2 years ago that National and the west would slowly adopt the easts whole format,so we would all have the same system, pay scale, rules ect...

Been here (AF-Fedex Freight) since 99. The reason to get everything the same is to eventually combine the whole thing into one operation. This saves millions on management in the area of human resources, regional management, V.P's, etc. Fedex Freight can still offer several levels of service and will likely need to keep most of the terminals nationwide to handle the volume.

From the sales guy, here's my $0.02. Pat F., Sales God, has started using the name FedEx LTL quite a bit. This is looking like it will go one of two ways. Either FXNL and FXF will be one unit under an "LTL" brand, operationally. Or we will continue to function as two different services but in the customer's eyes, we will be one. Look at it like Express. They have Express and Express Freight. Two seperate operations using the same operational systems to get the job done but under seperate service levels and people involved. I see it as being all one big happy FedEx LTL with different service options broken down as FedEx LTL Regional and Multiregional (FXF) and FedEx LTL Long Haul (FXNL). I think that the merger of the website is a big step in that direction as well as other integrations, accops, customer service, and the exchange points(handoffs). The problem with consolidating service centers before FXNL is as operationally efficient as FXF is, it will drop the service levels of both companies. It will have to be a seperate operation with different service centers until both are completely interdependant. I can see my role in offering a service to a customer much like our FedEx Services people do. "So you have this shipment, with these dims and weight and it needs to go from point A to B in this amount of time, OK mister customer, here are your options...." A services guy will offer anything from FedEx Same Day to FedEx Ground Multiweight. I can see my role as offering anyting from Custom Critical to FedEx National Truckload.

What is it about the two opcos that makes them different?
It's the linehaul systems and how they're structured, scheduled, and routed.
A leaner hub system at FXNL, much higher hub density at Freight.

Where there is redundancy is in the city operations.

I eventually see the city operations not being merged per se...but combined in the same barn.
With both opco's still operationally independent.
Sort of like those KCF/Taco Bell/Pizza Hut combo restaurants.
The advantage is that they wouldn't have to merge seniority boards.
And the benefit would be paying for less total terminal space.
Plus save a king's ransom eliminating duplicate management and administrative expenses.
Why pay two TM's when you can pay one? Ditto for billers, OSD, secretaries, etc?

Example: typical TM pay package is probably around $100k with salary and bennies and other goodies.
If you merge 150 barns and TM's into one...that's $15,000,000 just in salary savings right there.
And what about combining upper management like VP's, regional managers?
Plus redshirts on the operational level.

Since the Freight division lost $52,000,000 this quarter...all of those combined savings probably takes us to break-even or maybe even a profit. All without picking up and moving one pound of extra freight!

Alot of operational benefits as well, because all the freight comes back to the same barn.
If FXNL is short on manpower, Freight could pick up the slack.
If FXNL can't get to an early closer or doesn't have trailer space, Freight may have a truck in the area with space.
In the boondock regions with less density that still have to be served, only one truck instead of two.
No problems if either opco accidentally picks up the other's freight.

With combined trailers, dollies, trucks, etc = less equipment cost and less shortages.
And it might make sense to have on-site mechanics and shop since the cost is spread out over two opcos.
Plus maybe a truck/trailer wash.
And shared forklifts, clamp trucks, and other equipment.

Think of all the terminals that could be combined in each city we serve...and you are talking millions upon millions in lease/rent plus SGA savings combined with greater operational efficiencies.
That's the way to go if you ask me.
But nobody's asking me so I think I'll just shut up now! :biglaugh::TR10driving03: