TForce | National Contract!

It is good to know that I am the center of all your union frustration. You could have no cost medical. If you want the same wage increase as the NMFA, which is about .42 cents a year. You say you want NMFA, that is the new NMFA wage increase. Is that OK with you? It is all a trade off. What message does it send if you vote no? Will you encourage a strike? Are you willing to strike the company? A no vote without the support of the employees to strike is an empty gun. Venting your anger at me will solve nothing. I'm a big boy I can take it. 'I've got chunks of guys like you in my stool.' I borrowed that line from Phil Hartman.

If I am content with the Indy contract, then I am content. If 50%+1 are content with the contract then it will pass. Do you have a problem with letting the members vote on the new contract and excepting the outcome? Pro or con, your vote? I don't. I will except the members vote either way.

Sounds like this is "Just to get our foot in the door" talk. Thats Bull Sh*t! Why not learn and earn what others before us have had to go through?

Sounds like this is "Just to get our foot in the door" talk. Thats Bull Sh*t! Why not learn and earn what others before us have had to go through?

I agree. The wheel has been invented already. We don't need to go through the same learning curve to get to where they are.

Accepting anything less than that is bull sh!t and indicates a loser mentality. We're every bit as important as the drivers at UPS and drivers at YRC and should be appreciated on an equal level. Meaning our contract should be just as good.

I personally think the "foot in the door" approach is one that the Teamsters are using. I have not been impressed with what they've done so far. I'm especially pissed about them telling the Indy drivers that if they rejected that deal, that the counter offer might not be as good. What the hell was that? I would have sent it back on that issue alone.

not inferior or otherwise, just a different trade. like the construction industry, electricians different from plumbers union etc.

And how much is being put on contract carriers and rail ? When UPS sells freight to customers the cutomer thinks UPS is doing 100% of the job they are paying for , NOT 66%

This is something that needs to be discussed further. I expressed my concerns to the Local and to the Man who is the lead negotiator for the IBT . The issue of subcontracted freight is at the very heart of the battle for linehaul drivers. We have lower seniority men sitting at home while our yards are FULL of subcontrators ! Make your voices heard on this issue ! I am calling for the elimination of the use of subcontacors pulling ANY UPGF freight unless we don't have the bodies to move that freight ! Also the elimination of UPS Freight Owner Operator Division ! Those guys are not paying union dues and are taking work from regular employees of UPS Freight ! They park thier trucks in our facilities and punp up thier chests like they own the d@mn place, feeling good about taking food from YOUR CHILDRENS' MOUTHS ! Stand up for what really matter$ folks.

Screw the 401k. The match is GONE ! It is far better to ensure that you are going to HAVE a job to RETIRE FROM ! These scumtractors...I mean subcontractors threaten ALL of our livelihoods !

Screw the 401k. The match is GONE ! It is far better to ensure that you are going to HAVE a job to RETIRE FROM ! These scumtractors...I mean subcontractors threaten ALL of our livelihoods !

I can't exactly say screw the 401K I have been in a 401 for 27 years. Almost a 1/2 million dollars in mine. I will retire with the same standard of living as I have now. So let me say this. Match or no Match, Get involved in a 401. Unless you plan on working your entire life.

I am not saying the 401 k like that...I mean too many folks are worried about the match,not realizing that the will gain more money to invest under the freight agreement as they see fit. I am saying that Job protection should be a top priority and then retirement and health bennies,then COLA's.

I am not saying the 401 k like that...I mean too many folks are worried about the match,not realizing that the will gain more money to invest under the freight agreement as they see fit. I am saying that Job protection should be a top priority and then retirement and health bennies,then COLA's.

You are 100% correct. They don't have to have a match for me to be in it.:1036316054::smilie_132: