NEMF company Info...

Puff Driver said:
Great questions? Do you think the mob infested teamsters would reply to the one?

I didn't ask the Teamsters, I asked you. I 'll ask you again to try and explain to me how you think a local union in N.J.was able to force every barn in NEMF's system to throw out the Teamsters and join the machinist union with a weaker contract ?

Come on Puff Driver , If you really believe that it was the Teamsters and not a couple of corrupt mobsters who were in control of 560, then show me the light.

Maybe you are right and I did drink too much Kool Aid. But I need more than your constant Teamsters Teamsters Teamsters, the Teamsters are the blame for everything wrong in the trucking industry.

Just once I would like a straight answer from you. Its too bad we can't go back to all your old posts to back up my position, but I'm sure that there are others still on this site that will agree with me. I wonder if there is anyone who will back your side ?

After Eastern On The Ball took over Associated Transport in 1975 early one morning a slick dressed guy showed up at our White Deer Pa. barn. We had no shop but the vendors used dunnage as creepers This guy asked me where the shop was and i not long out of the Army at the time and feeling pretty foul told him the whole lot was the shop. I asked him why he wanted to know and he said he was Tony Pravatonio, brother of jailed Tony and was familar with the aera cause he went to Lewisburg Pa Fed Pen to see Tony. Sammy worked for Eastern and Tony was Pres of 560 in Jersey. I think that might be your answer.

2631 said:
I didn't ask the Teamsters, I asked you. I 'll ask you again to try and explain to me how you think a local union in N.J.was able to force every barn in NEMF's system to throw out the Teamsters and join the machinist union with a weaker contract ?

Come on Puff Driver , If you really believe that it was the Teamsters and not a couple of corrupt mobsters who were in control of 560, then show me the light.

Maybe you are right and I did drink too much Kool Aid. But I need more than your constant Teamsters Teamsters Teamsters, the Teamsters are the blame for everything wrong in the trucking industry.

Just once I would like a straight answer from you. Its too bad we can't go back to all your old posts to back up my position, but I'm sure that there are others still on this site that will agree with me. I wonder if there is anyone who will back your side ?

First the loacl was not in Union NJ. Local 560 was not a 'couple of corrupt mobsters' in fact Local 560 was the first instance of the US using the RICO Act to overtake an organization because of mob influence. Please google that one...

You love the teamsters fine. I can appreciate that. But you think they are Altar Boys and I know they are criminals.

I will try to get the link I have posted here twice from the federal investigation.

Those guys would kill their mothers for a buck....

Puff Driver said:
First the loacl was not in Union NJ. ....
As usual you just avoid direct questions with jibberish.

I asked you to explain to me how a local union in N.J. was able to force every barn in NEMF's system to throw out the Teamsters and join the machinists union with a weaker contract ?

It couldn't have been because of the corrupt relationship between the owners of NEMF and the long reaching arm of the Genevose crime family

No way right puff ? It had to be because local 560 was so powerful that every barn in NEMF's system was afraid of them.The NEMF Teamsters up in New York state and New England were forced by the powerful 560 in Union City N.J. into accepting a weak contract with the machinists union. They must have done it out of threats from Mikie Sciarra & Danny Rabino

Please tell me that I am all wrong

Puff Driver said:
You cannot prove if the ownership of NEMF was in the mob. All your speculation is just that. Truck driver rumors, we all hear that garbage every day.

:
" The district court concluded that Sciarra was following instructions from the Genovese family about NEMF in order to prevent disclosure of past criminal dealings between the company and Genovese family members affiliated with local 560".

Affiliated with local 560 puff thats the key. It says Genovese family members. The company & the mob screwed you guys not the Teamsters union. I couldn't find anything in the court record that said the Teamsters union was guilty of anything.

Nobody is denying that the mob had control of local 560. Thats why the government stepped in and put 560 into trusteeship under RICO.

But thats all history. Anyone that had any dealings with the mob has been removed from local 560 long ago. There is no longer any mob influence in 560. We have been clean for years, but you say that the Teamsters are still criminals.

The Teamsters didn't steal your pension and they didn't force you to throw them out & bring in the machinist union, the mob did. They did it because the owners of NEMF paid them to.

Thats the way I see it. Show me if I am wrong, but don't tell me to read the transcripts. I read them !! So no more BS, show me!!

Puff Driver said:
The section on the sweetheart deal the mobsters from 560 set up with NEMF is about one third of the way down.

This is great if you like the Godfather...
http://www.ipsn.org/court_cases/us_v_local_560.htm
That is about the only thing that you have been right about. Mobsters from 560 & the Godfather. What was the head of the Genovese crime family's name? I'm sure you remember it.

Wasn't the sweatheart deal already in place at NEMF before you went to work there? Why didn't you go to other 560 jobs that didn't have a sweatheart deal ? Jobs that were run by the book like Roadway Red Star Maislin St. Johnsbury Hemingway or Mason Dixon to name a few?
Didn't you realize that it was an under the hat job when you started to shape there?
Back then it took only 16 days to make the list. You could have found another job real easy back then.

But lets get to the point. The case you are using has nothing to do with NEMF throwing out the Teamsters and signing a weak contract with the machinists union.

It only shows that the owners of NEMF were in bed with the Genovese crime family for a long time

Everyone on the street knew it was a mob job. I suspect that you knew it too.

Puff Driver said:
I am just getting my pension setteled, i had to hire a lawyer to get it...
Puff Driver. If you ever decide to give me direct answers to my questions then add this one to the list.

What did your lawyer have to do to get your pension settled ?

I don't expect you to devulge any personal information. But can you give me 1 reason why you had to pay a lawyer to fill out your pension papers ?

You have not been able to show that the Teamsters stole your pension & I know that you didn't sue local 560's pension fund

I doubt that you will give a direct answer to my questions because I don't think that you have any facts to back them up.

What I think is that you are still bitter about being screwed 20 some years ago by NEMF & some Genovese crime family members affiliated with local 560. So you continue to bash the entire Teamsters union today without any facts.

Prove me wrong and I will shut up. But if you continue to attack the Teamsters without any factual information to back you up then I will continue to challange you.

Myron Schevell was in bed with the mob...who killed his brother???
That's a guilt he will live with the rest of his life...you are right 2631 the Schevell's, are the ones who helped corrupt things even more...just to pay sub-standard wages and benefits...cause over the long run, look at him today...multi-multi-millionaire.

snoman2424 said:
Myron Schevell was in bed with the mob...who killed his brother???
That's a guilt he will live with the rest of his life...you are right 2631 the Schevell's, are the ones who helped corrupt things even more...just to pay sub-standard wages and benefits...cause over the long run, look at him today...multi-multi-millionaire.
Thanks snowman2424...There are a lot of drivers out there trying to decide whether or not to vote union & I can't stand by & let Puff Driver's unfounded Teamster bashing go unanswered.

2631 said:
That is about the only thing that you have been right about. Mobsters from 560 & the Godfather. What was the head of the Genovese crime family's name? I'm sure you remember it.

Wasn't the sweatheart deal already in place at NEMF before you went to work there? Why didn't you go to other 560 jobs that didn't have a sweatheart deal ? Jobs that were run by the book like Roadway Red Star Maislin St. Johnsbury Hemingway or Mason Dixon to name a few?
Didn't you realize that it was an under the hat job when you started to shape there?
Back then it took only 16 days to make the list. You could have found another job real easy back then.

But lets get to the point. The case you are using has nothing to do with NEMF throwing out the Teamsters and signing a weak contract with the machinists union.

It only shows that the owners of NEMF were in bed with the Genovese crime family for a long time

Everyone on the street knew it was a mob job. I suspect that you knew it too.

Good thing I did not go to jobs like Mason Dixon, Maislin, Hemmingway, St. Johnsbury. Like every other teamster job they shut down. Every teamster job is out of business except the 4 owned by YRC and ABF. Very good prospects for the future.....

What is your point, because the teamsters were mob infiltrated it is not their fault???
Do you think when we gathered at the Archway in Secaucus we were unaware that 560 was a mob influenced local??? Most of the men were proud of that.

560 screwed the NEMF men and you think it was a good idea. Some brother. I'm glad you were never in my fox hole...

The teamsters are finished in our business, they are begging UPS for an early contract. They will do the same for freight and in 5-10 years all teamster LTL carriers will be extinct.

Puff Driver said:
Good thing I did not go to jobs like Mason Dixon, Maislin, Hemmingway, St. Johnsbury. Like every other teamster job they shut down. Every teamster job is out of business except the 4 owned by YRC and ABF. Very good prospects for the future.....

What is your point, because the teamsters were mob infiltrated it is not their fault???
Do you think when we gathered at the Archway in Secaucus we were unaware that 560 was a mob influenced local??? Most of the men were proud of that.

560 screwed the NEMF men and you think it was a good idea. Some brother. I'm glad you were never in my fox hole...

The teamsters are finished in our business, they are begging UPS for an early contract. They will do the same for freight and in 5-10 years all teamster LTL carriers will be extinct.
Again... no direct answers to my direct questions !!!

Puff Driver said:

That is exactly my point !!! You along with the rest of us were afraid of the mob . We were not afraid of 560 or the IBT, but we were afraid of retaliation from the mob if we spoke out against Tony Pro & co..

Puff Driver said:
Do you think when we gathered at the Archway in Secaucus we were unaware that 560 was a mob influenced local???

No !!! I'm sure you knew you were working for an under the hat job with mob backing.
I'll ask you again, why didn't you just quit and go to another 560 job ? One that did not
have ties to the mob.

Puff Driver said:
Most of the men were proud of that.
There is your answer. You guys probably were happy to work for a mob job. Probably got a lot of swag too. Didn't care until your boss got greedy and screwed you guys , then you blame the union for not protecting you .

Puff Driver said:
The mob did the same thing to my 1st job in local 478 , so don't say that I though it was a good idea. I have posted on the old truckingboards site that I agreed that you guys had been screwed by the mob.
As for the foxhole comment I was there in 66/67 and if we had been in the same foxhole we would have been brothers and had each others backs. I'm sure that you know that.
But again you avoid answering any direct questions

Puff Driver said:
You are intitled to your opinion on that.

I guess it is not the unions fault they were mob controlled.

The union is there to protect the workers from the company. exactly how did that happen in the NEMF case????

You are a union hack, they never do anything good in your eyes..

As for all union companies closing except for the 5 remaining, that is fact and not my opinion. 25 years ago virtually every LTL carrier was unionized, now only a few are with 4 of the 5 remaining all owned by 1 company. That can't be good.

Remember who closed Preston & Red Star.....

Puff Driver said:
I guess it is not the unions fault they were mob controlled.

The union is there to protect the workers from the company. exactly how did that happen in the NEMF case????

As for all union companies closing except for the 5 remaining, that is fact and not my opinion. 25 years ago virtually every LTL carrier was unionized, now only a few are with 4 of the 5 remaining all owned by 1 company. That can't be good.

Remember who closed Preston & Red Star.....
Now I understand why no one else will waste their time responding to your posts... People like CFer - Dirtball - MIKEEEEEE and all the others who used to ask you for facts to back up your union bashing.

The reason you don't back up your union bashing must be that you don't have any facts , plan and simple . I have asked you repeatedly to answer my questions and you continue to try and confuse the issues with what you call jibberish.

And now because you can't back up your wild claims against the Teamsters you have to resort to comments about foxholes & name calling .

Just once I would like you to answer the question !!!!! Go back over this thread and pick one, any one and give a direct answer.

But I doubt that you will. Thats probably why no one else will bother responding to you.

Puff Driver said:
I don't understand what you mean by this. What are you trying to say ? Did you mean that they never do anything wrong ?

I speak out against the union when they screw up.

Things have changed since the days when you were in the Teamsters If you could go to a local 560 union meeting you would see that they are run in an open and democratic way.

Members are free to voice their opinions on any issues without fear of reprisal.

You would'nt believe some of the complaints that my business agent has to deal with every day . He gets an earfull every time he comes to the job. And with the cell phones today, he is always available.

Union officals in local 560 today work for and answer to the members and they know it . Its not like it was years ago when you were here

It is clear to me that you are still bitter against the Teamsters for what the mob controlled local 560 & NEMF did to you years ago.

You have the right to be bitter, go ahead and continue to stew in it if you want. But stop making wild unfounded claims against the Teamsters. Back up your claims with facts.

Stop using the same old lines on every site that you post on. The Teamsters screwed me & I paid them to protect me from my boss waaaaaaaaaaaa !!!!

If you want to bash todays unions and try and influence workers into not joining unions today, then go ahead, but at least back it up with todays facts.

Yes years ago the owner of NEMF paid off the Genovese crime family to dump the IBT & NMFA and replace them with a machinists union with a contract more favorable to the company.

The Teamsters union got screwed by the mob , just like the men did.

The only ones who gained from the payoff was the mob & the owner of NEMF.

The workers today at NEMF are still working under conditions that are much lower than NMFA.

Come on Puff Driver, I expect you to confuse the issue and answer me with your usual "jibberish" ( your term not mine)

Puff Driver said:
No Puff Driver !!! There are no facts here. Where did you get this information ?

Post some facts to back it up

This is only your opinion. Blinded by your dislike of the Teamsters