NEMF company Info...

are you kidding, we could be so lucky. that'd be like trying to take winston chruchill from england in wwii. dave m and the rest of those arrogant but blind leaders are the best thing that ever happened to con-way.........or is it the rest of the ltl industry? i dont remember. anyway, no one will ever be able to land a class act like dave m.

loose change said:
Please take Dave M to. He is well respected around here and will make and will make a fine addition to your company.
You trying to start a war.

How does a union related/NEMF thread end up with Conway as a major topic? You know youv'e made it when 60% of the talk on the t-boards ends up talking about your company. Conway must be envied, hated, loved, embellished, or just a major pain in the *** of every other trucking company in the US of A. Way to go J.D. you have finally arrived. To bad you're with Q.C. now but the Tampa weather probaly agrees with you more. Those drinks with the little umbrellas taste better in the sun than in the Michigan snow. Press on

stewie, just wanted to know how you like nemf I work at con-way in indiana, a superviser at our barn has already interviewed with nemf and is going to be t.m. at a terminal over here supervise asked if I would go to nemf with him,just wanted your thoughts on nemf I don't want to make a big mistake.

so far so good. i work every day, run my bid everynite. it's real hectic in cleveland right now, we've picked up and gettin more several big acounts. everyone gets their 40 hrs in the city, usually more. linehaul guys are makin some real nice money, workin the dock a lot in out bound. where in indiana are you? pm me if you want more specifics.

Union, what union?? HAHA!
Being a union trucking company equals certain death.
Did you forget that NEMF is union & they are far from dead. In fact they are expanding & begging for drivers

abbaddon; you had to go back 1 whole year to get that quote.... Over the years I have known many of the NEMF peddle drivers here in central NJ & just a year ago things were looking up for them. But now they are getting screwed over by the owner every chance he gets.....He has his 2 nonunion companies just down the road in Edison so the S. Plainfield guys are losing out on work opportunities bigtime.

I can't really blame you for being bitter towards their union, todays Teamsters would probably have handled it differently, but without any union at all I think that things would be even worse.

No I have never worker at NEMF, but I have peddled alongside them for over 38 years & IMO it was the dedicated workers that built NEMF into the successfull company that it was & now it is the greed of M.S. & Co. that is tearing it down.

It's a steady check. We work hard for our $$$. Overall I have few complaints, it sure is better than not eating. I have the piece of mind knowing my family will eat a good meal for dinner. It sure beats waiting by the phone for the two hour work call.