NEMF pay Cut?

Puff Driver

TB Veteran
Credits
I was speaking to a Sales Rep for NEMF he told me he had to take a 10% pay cut?

I thought NEMF was hanging on pretty good throughout this economic downturn.

From what he told me it is pretty serious at NEMF. The company may be on shaky ground?

What's the deal?

From what he told me it is pretty serious at NEMF. The company may be on shaky ground?

What's the deal?

There is Puff:nutkick: starting to stir things again.We all know how you feel about NEMF:ranting2:Ask Jeff,maybe he can let you have your on little board. PUFF'S TRUCKING:shift

This forum is not affiliated with Puff"s trucking:clap:

By the way NEMF is doing just fine:shift:

the office personal may have had to take some cut..besides theres only 5 people doing the same job..and not doing a good job at it...shall we take a swing and see how the sales force is doing?..nah lets not go there ...but i digress....im only a driver what possibly could i know right?

Here we go again! I am hearing there going to be a BIG meeting in the first week in Aug. It's between NEMF BOSS & UION STEWARDS. I think this time it's in Maryland some where. Let the rumors start!

Here we go again! I am hearing there going to be a BIG meeting in the first week in Aug. It's between NEMF BOSS & UION STEWARDS. I think this time it's in Maryland some where. Let the rumors start!

Well you do know what was said at the last meeting right?

Consider this the next step in that process.

How much can he ask for? At 68 we all working 60 +hours also we have no mt trls {maybe because there in Seattle}. We are going out full coming back in full how can he say he losing money!

questions

I am also curious to know what MS is willing to give for our giveback. Is he planning to open new terminals? Opening new terminals doesn't sound as if the company is in dire straits. Someone needs to ask him. Can we get a sideletter stating that upon an end to the recession, or NEMF expansion, we are made whole for all losses. In case of a freeze or giveback, can our contracts be loaded on the back end?

I have a feeling that the meeting will simply be, "this is our offer, take it or leave it" NEMF doesn't seem willing to listen to other alternatives in ways to save or make more money. Very Hard Headed!

If you don't know what was said, talk to your steward.

As far as what he can ask for, well he can ask for what ever he wants. It's up to the union membership to agree with it or negotiate a different amount.

i will say one thing if it were to come to a pay cut or day off a month, i will take the day...even if he wanted to close it up go right ahead..my uncle obama will let me go to any school i want to retrain me and even though the money isnt the greatest unemployment will be coming my way....there wont be any closing of the terminal's, he just opened his own customs so why would he think of closing?..he would lose to much money, he is just setting himself up to be in the best position when the drama at yrc finally comes to head in which it will... i see no other way they can make it past the fall..the writing is on the wall.. once the suits get that lovely taste of money, it doesnt stop..i think he is trying to see how tough the workers are or if we will bend over and take what he wants..were still making profits just like all the others but it's not how much he wants in his pocket...look around some other carriers didnt take a pay cut or anything just like us and their still profitable not as much as the greeed wants but still making money is still way better than losing it...we should get alittle bigger since you can only soak up the customers and go back and forth with them with other carriers for so long..eveyone needs to turn off their tv for a week and go spend a few bucks, trust me the money will go to all of us who will then will spend ourselves and keep all of us employed in this country

i will say one thing if it were to come to a pay cut or day off a month, i will take the day...even if he wanted to close it up go right ahead..my uncle obama will let me go to any school i want to retrain me and even though the money isnt the greatest unemployment will be coming my way....there wont be any closing of the terminal's, he just opened his own customs so why would he think of closing?..he would lose to much money, he is just setting himself up to be in the best position when the drama at yrc finally comes to head in which it will... i see no other way they can make it past the fall..the writing is on the wall.. once the suits get that lovely taste of money, it doesnt stop..i think he is trying to see how tough the workers are or if we will bend over and take what he wants..were still making profits just like all the others but it's not how much he wants in his pocket...look around some other carriers didnt take a pay cut or anything just like us and their still profitable not as much as the greeed wants but still making money is still way better than losing it...we should get alittle bigger since you can only soak up the customers and go back and forth with them with other carriers for so long..eveyone needs to turn off their tv for a week and go spend a few bucks, trust me the money will go to all of us who will then will spend ourselves and keep all of us employed in this country

There you go banking on the demise of YRC Maybe your one of the few going around the Hudson Valley,telling customers that YRC is closing,and this after I stuck up for your beloved NEMF from a post from the infamous PUFF DRIVER.I guess I will have to call Uncle Sal and tell him to get the whip out..and by the way last I heard NEMF was losing money just like most of the rest of the LTL industry with a few exceptions:biglaugh:

Losing Money? Ha! He never said he was losing money. He simply stated that he wasn't making as much. Profits being down is not enough to close. I'm not here to be someone's floor mat and I really hope my brothers feel the same way. We all have been working more overtime this year than at any time in the past few years. With the lay-offs that lightened the pay roll, the pay freeze that we all took this year, the additional cuts with management, and the increase in business, NEMF is flying way above the cut. I'd say "NO", we'll talk to you when our contract is over.

exactly right the old man isnt making enough money as he wants..and we are still sitting better than others in the ltl industry...always plenty of work at night when i get back after my 10 hr peddle day, cant say that about other out there

What's the deal?
No one is on shakier ground than us. ya'll know who us is, right?:TR10driving03:

If you are in the North East that is because the Carrier guys are not thrown into the mix this year.

Probably alot less freight but alot less guys moving it also.

NEMF brought some of the Carrier drivers on board and we have quite a few Eastern drivers running for us now too, so I don't think we have any less drivers.