FedEx Freight | New bids

ajorg

TB Lurker
Credits
Just got the new bids for SLK. 3 questions. Where are they going to get all the drivers to fill the bids? Where are they going to get the equipment to run all those bids? Where is the freight coming from to fill the trailers to make all those runs?

Here is the break down:
45 Wamsutter Wyo. meets
1 Sinclair Wyo. meet
1 Green River Utah meet
1 Beaver Ut. Meet
2 Snowville Ut. meets
19 Carlin Nv. meets
18 Hermiston Or. lay downs
14 Extra Board drivers
(I think I missed one in there somewhere)
102 bids counting the extra board. We only have about 62 drivers in SLC.:shift:

The freight has always been there, it's just been hauled by the teams.
I've heard that we need to hire 1100 drivers system wide.

I hope they have a plan for equipment.....No way they are going to fill 30% of those bids by Feb. 14th.....Then add in where are the trucks coming from.....This all looks pretty shakie to me...

I hope they have a plan for equipment.....No way they are going to fill 30% of those bids by Feb. 14th.....Then add in where are the trucks coming from.....This all looks pretty shakie to me...

It will not all happen by Feb14th. The runs will happen but as for the bids they will not get filled for three to six months. It will take this much time to get everything into place. In the mean time these runs will get filled by contractors and power only trucks.

It will not all happen by Feb14th. The runs will happen but as for the bids they will not get filled for three to six months. It will take this much time to get everything into place. In the mean time these runs will get filled by contractors and power only trucks.

I think that it is going to be a mess for a while...

All teams except 35 wild teams will be gone inSBC.Many drivers here want to transfer but they have to bid here first, and then transfer.I dont see how all this can be done by feb. 14.They have added many solo runs but not enough trucks or drivers on the other end to meet.

All teams except 35 wild teams will be gone inSBC.Many drivers here want to transfer but they have to bid here first, and then transfer.I dont see how all this can be done by feb. 14.They have added many solo runs but not enough trucks or drivers on the other end to meet.

Bidding first has nothing to do with transfers...If that's what is being said, they are lying....You need to put in for your tranfer and have it accepted before the bid date so you are in line to bid at your new locationl....

SLK and MHI are going to have some damn good $ bids available.

I was told they will use contractors until they can find the drivers. After that no more contractors it will be just purchase freight. They will be using the sleepers for a while till they get day cabs in place.

Here is the break down:
45 Wamsutter Wyo. meets
1 Sinclair Wyo. meet
1 Green River Utah meet
1 Beaver Ut. Meet
2 Snowville Ut. meets
19 Carlin Nv. meets
18 Hermiston Or. lay downs
14 Extra Board drivers
(I think I missed one in there somewhere)
102 bids counting the extra board. We only have about 62 drivers in SLC.:shift:

May I ask what terminal all these runs are out of. Are the runs posted at several terminals . I recognize Carlin NV. Isn't that for Reno NV. meeting Salt Lake City, UT.

We start bidding on tuesday. We have not been told where there are spots open or when we can transfer.We were told NO TRANSFERS UNTIL AFTER WE BID.I hope you are wrong Racer.

yeah nskeeter thats the bids out of salt lake terminal Carlin is the meet place swapping with the reno drivers Bid there and u get to pull triples at extra pay. We have some guys transfering out of our yard and they posted the senority list for bidding and they just highlighted their names to let everyone know they are transferring out. I dont think they will bid because that messes up the bidding. I was put on the spot friday am i transferring or not. I just looked that TM in the eye and said no I am going to make your life miserable LOL See above my screen name and its not Maytag for short. See u all in a week. I am getting on a boat and heading south looking for margaritaville and some warm weatherand some well never mind.

I was in the P&D pre shift on Friday am and heard them tell the guys that how this will work for the bids.First line haul bids, then local transfers (P&D) , then transfers in from outside, then new hires to fill all open spots. Hope this helps.

I was in the P&D pre shift on Friday am and heard them tell the guys that how this will work for the bids.First line haul bids, then local transfers (P&D) , then transfers in from outside, then new hires to fill all open spots. Hope this helps.

Thanks JB...I guess that works...

SBS has 105 singles and 35 wild team bids i do not see where they are going to put all the 198 drivers they have to work. We do not have enough trucks to stop people from waiting for someone to come to in from a run to get us a truck. we have freight going out but hardly any comes in. that is why they have decided to have wild teams and cancel all bids.

I still don't understand how CHR just ended up with 53 bids total. This makes no sense. We all were expecting at least 90 to 100 runs. And does anyone else have linehaul meetings anymore. We would love for someone to show up and talk with us. And would be nice if it was someone that knew what was happening or what was going to happen.

I still don't understand how CHR just ended up with 53 bids total. This makes no sense. We all were expecting at least 90 to 100 runs. And does anyone else have linehaul meetings anymore. We would love for someone to show up and talk with us. And would be nice if it was someone that knew what was happening or what was going to happen.

I think almost every driver at CHR were surprised when the bids came out. I think we ended up getting the least amount of new bids than any terminal. I see no single bids that cover ALL the SBC freight that was going out each week.

I wish there were meetings as well. No one tells us anything at that terminal. I normally find out about work related stuff from other terminals.

Well they say we have enough freight to work everyone so why don't we have more bids. If there is enough to keep 30 drivers on extra then we should have more bids. Some drivers are saying that some are going to quit. But where are they going to go, there is nothing out there. And how are they going to enforce the 2 hour rule? We have drivers that live 2 and half 3 hours out and some are futher then that. They are staying in motels and renting apts and houses but I was told that wouldn't work. If the driver can make it work what differance does it make.

they still have it in their mind that roadway is going broke, all these bids, no trucks and all the extra teams running all over. the hotel bills will be a lot more than the coffee they took away from us.