FedEx Freight | New bids

They are staying in motels and renting apts and houses but I was told that wouldn't work. If the driver can make it work what differance does it make.

The company rules require that a single driver must be able to be hooked and out the gate in 2 hours. Unless they change the rule, it does not stipulate you must have a permanent residence near work. As far as that goes, an apartment or motel is permanent. As long as there is a physical address, it should work.

Do any of you guys know whats going on up here in Minneapolis? I'm looking at trying to get on. I applied for a P&D position but I would rather get a linehaul run. Does anyone know if they will be looking for any linehaul drivers up here in MN?

The company rules require that a single driver must be able to be hooked and out the gate in 2 hours. Unless they change the rule, it does not stipulate you must have a permanent residence near work. As far as that goes, an apartment or motel is permanent. As long as there is a physical address, it should work.

Now there saying this policy is relaxed. As long as they get there on time. But they did say that you had to be 2 hours or 100 miles and you had to get your mail at the address and had to be on your cdl. But now it doesn't matter.

Do any of you guys know whats going on up here in Minneapolis? I'm looking at trying to get on. I applied for a P&D position but I would rather get a linehaul run. Does anyone know if they will be looking for any linehaul drivers up here in MN?

I would say so. They just added runs pretty much everywhere. Not sure about MN but I would with them today.

Here at DTX we are trying to hire at least 10 linehaul plus misc city. Up in Shamrock FDX is looking for 90+ drivers. The only problem with SRT is that there is very limited housing there.

There not posting any new jobs here in MN. I did submit a app for a P&D driver that was posted at the beginning of Dec. Should I still call them? I really want a linehaul position and will do what ever it takes to get there. Fedex freight called me last week about a city driver position but I have to start on the dock and might have to work dock for up to 2 years. So any info on how to get a linehaul run will be greatly appreciated.

Here at DTX we are trying to hire at least 10 linehaul plus misc city. Up in Shamrock FDX is looking for 90+ drivers. The only problem with SRT is that there is very limited housing there.

Are the Dallas L/H positions going to fill bids or will they be extra board...

There not posting any new jobs here in MN. I did submit a app for a P&D driver that was posted at the beginning of Dec. Should I still call them? I really want a linehaul position and will do what ever it takes to get there. Fedex freight called me last week about a city driver position but I have to start on the dock and might have to work dock for up to 2 years. So any info on how to get a linehaul run will be greatly appreciated.

Call the terminal and talk to the TM..Ask about linehaul and see what he says..

Now there saying this policy is relaxed. As long as they get there on time. But they did say that you had to be 2 hours or 100 miles and you had to get your mail at the address and had to be on your cdl. But now it doesn't matter.

I lived in Shamrock,but got my mail at my house in tulsa.I dont think it matters as long as you have a place to stay close enough to get to work on time.

Are they really hiring down there????

I hear they need alot of drivers in shamrock. But i dont see them taking apps. down there.

I hear they need alot of drivers in shamrock. But i dont see them taking apps. down there.

They need 90 drivers in Shamrock.....They have around 70 3200 mile bids 1/2 of them laydowns to Memphis and the other half meets and around 25 2200 mile meets as well

They need 90 drivers in Shamrock.....They have around 70 3200 mile bids 1/2 of them laydowns to Memphis and the other half meets and around 25 2200 mile meets as well

And you have to commute 80 miles because that will be about the closest place you will find to live outside of Shamrock...lol You could always pop a tent and stay right in Shamrock.

And you have to commute 80 miles because that will be about the closest place you will find to live outside of Shamrock...lol You could always pop a tent and stay right in Shamrock.

Their are a few decents places, housing wise that are verY affordable if you don't think you have to have Big City fancy *** housing and/or a Walmart 5 minutes from your house....I checked Shamrock out a few months ago and liked it, but I also like the country style living...

To be honest, doing a laydown run might not be a bad thing. You could live on the end you lay down on and when on the Shamrock end you could stay at a hotel in Shamrock. You would only have to make the drive back home in your own vehicle once a week.