FedEx Freight | New bids

In SRT fxn will be using outside cariers to move the freight untill fdx can get enough help and trucks.

Hate to burst your bubble. But don"t think it is untill they can get enough help and trucks. We have lowered our rates and much cheaper for fedex to run it this way . Look at the news Coways tonnage was way up but income down. cheap freight bidding war going on. And there is not a single thing we can do about it

In SRT fxn will be using outside cariers to move the freight untill fdx can get enough help and trucks.

Man that is a lot of outside help...What do they have 35 or 40 drivers and 120 bids....Damn.........of course that does not count any new hires if there are any...

They get a taste of that and it's all over. UPSF is almost all contract carriers. The company drivers haul the over flow...

I can not agree with you on this one....Contract Carriers are cheaper in lanes where you are hauling empties back, but to pay contract carriers both directions in place of company drivers is gonna cost a bundle....I hope they fill these SRT and other positions soon.

I can not agree with you on this one....Contract Carriers are cheaper in lanes where you are hauling empties back, but to pay contract carriers both directions in place of company drivers is gonna cost a bundle....I hope they fill these SRT and other positions soon.

me too, especially in akron.

Her in CHR the ones that bid on dandridge TN is going to be on the extra board until Nashville gets some drivers. And the Memphis runs are also on hold to our drivers until the gorge opens back up. I was wondering if anybody from Nashville has heard if they are going to be ready by the 14th? And someone, please tell me why can't we run to Memphis via the southern route. I mean, if every other LTL company in Charlotte can do it why can't we? We have told mgm that we can run it in 10.5 or 10.75 hours and they still won't let us. But if you run team and leave Memphis you can drive straight threw to CHR with no problem all on one driver and nothing is said.