XPO | New bonus, incentive program

A happy employee is a productive employee. If the bonus is incentive based, maybe it will light a fire for the lazy bums that drag the numbers down and encourage them to work.
Agree with you , a happy employee works better & shows up for work & makes for a more happy workplace !!

A happy employee is a productive employee. If the bonus is incentive based, maybe it will light a fire for the lazy bums that drag the numbers down and encourage them to work.[/QUOTE

That would be nice, but I see people saying why should I kill myself to get this bonus if I have to care the lazy. Plus it's going to creat more tension at barns

The bonus had better be based on something that drivers can't have a hand in. I don't know about other barns but at mine I don't see morning guys giving up a 12 hour day for the chance of getting a bonus
I'm told it will be. LH as well.

The bonus had better be based on something that drivers can't have a hand in. I don't know about other barns but at mine I don't see morning guys giving up a 12 hour day for the chance of getting a bonus
That is a good point. Some people will drag their feet guaranteeing their extra hours for the day versus working hard and hoping for a good bonus at the end of the year.
Guaranteed income or hopeful income,...........which one will get chosen?
I think that we all know the answer.

The bonus is based on 2 primary things, tonnage and P&L. All employees have a hand in profit and loss. Damages, accidents, and injuries all effect loss. On the city side, tons per hour is also one of the goals.

"all though we didn't quite reach our goals, we must still strive towards them in order to recieve the bonuses that are promised"- XPO
Everything you say on this board is negative. I assume that's a reflection of your daily life. How do you get thru a day?

I know you don't deal with facts, but we are given updates every week to let us know if we're hitting our goals. So far, we're hitting our numbers.

Had enough? Indeed.

Everything you say on this board is negative. I assume that's a reflection of your daily life. How do you get thru a day?

I know you don't deal with facts, but we are given updates every week to let us know if we're hitting our goals. So far, we're hitting our numbers.

Had enough? Indeed.
No it's called History. And don't give the spill about how xpo is new, and not con-way. I have pretty much kept my opinions to this deal to myself. And I'm pretty much going to keep doing the same thing, just remember this, in 2 years come back and tell me how great this deal was and how much you still love xpo, I have a very strong feeling you won't.

The bonus is based on 2 primary things, tonnage and P&L. All employees have a hand in profit and loss. Damages, accidents, and injuries all effect loss. On the city side, tons per hour is also one of the goals.
WELL WHEN WE HAVE DISPATCHERS sending 2 drivers to the same out of the way area's hows that for p/l

I backed into a customers driveway one day for delivery and as I'm getting out of the truck he yells "how many Conway trucks do I have to unload today?" I ask " how many have you seen today?" He tells me I'm the third one.

Wasn't even a large/high volume customer. Each driver probably had 1-2 plts each at most.

Had enough? Indeed.
hitting your numbers? sweet, now wait for that big bonus check. let us know how much that winfall is.

I backed into a customers driveway one day for delivery and as I'm getting out of the truck he yells "how many Conway trucks do I have to unload today?" I ask " how many have you seen today?" He tells me I'm the third one.

Wasn't even a large/high volume customer. Each driver probably had 1-2 plts each at most.
Happen to me everyday. I follow another driver thought two to three stop almost everyday. I have a customer making joke about have five Conway drivers in the area.

hitting your numbers? sweet, now wait for that big bonus check. let us know how much that winfall is.
Do you know what the bonus is? Is this more truth? This is a perfect example of the rumor spreading you do. Nobody knows how much the bonus is, but you make statements like you KNOW.

Last edited:
Happen to me everyday. I follow another driver thought two to three stop almost everyday. I have a customer making joke about have five Conway drivers in the area.
Yeah... It's called dynamic loading, or wave loading. Loads are not held to consolidate shipments. If four shipments for the same customer are arriving at different times, they go on different runs. Loads are not held for shipments to catch up.

Yeah... It's called dynamic loading, or wave loading. Loads are not held to consolidate shipments. If four shipments for the same customer are arriving at different times, they go on different runs. Loads are not held for shipments to catch up.
Actually not a bad idea. How frustrating is it to be waiting for that ONE piece of freight to arrive (God knows when) so you can start your 'root'? (Canadian accent applied). :)