XPO | New corporation ...New Truckingboard...New Owners ???

Dockworker, there is a book called " Never Stand Still " that if read and compared to where we are right now, you will find that we are in the late 60`s early 70`s, and parallel with the history of a company that is no longer. I`m not putting anyone down that likes there job, and likes the company. Myself and others have dug down to the core of this company, and do not want to end up history. Heck, we will complain, and moan, and groan, but we will be at work everyday. We are not calling the company bad, as said in the old forum, we will make something happen, not watch something happen, or wonder what just happen. Your new and improved pallet jack is back, now can I have the forklift for a quick move?

Scroodigan, you and I need to get our notes together. There is a meeting next month that I have been invited to again, after being uninvited once before, I feel like a red headed stepchild. Nice to see you back, along with all the others.

Dockworker said:
okay.
Policy is in Place (as in "First in and First out")
Certain people are not following it.
I know this would tick me off, if I was the First in Second, Third or Fourth out.
Looking past the anger of getting screwed and possibly taking one for the TEAM in the name of "operations", or even a co-worker sneaking past you. How do we work as a TEAM to prevent this from happening again?
I try not to get too mad, I know the first in first out is there to makes things fair. If it doesn't mess up my hours, I guess I would be fine with it. I'm getting paid for it anyway.
If I found out my fellow co-worker snuck past me just to get out. hmmmm I really don't know what I would do.
Get even.It works

gfy said:
Get even.It works
getting even doesn't work. in fact you usually end up effecting someone else in the process. like overloading someone's trailer because they load jumped you or what not. they are delayed (obviously) and as a result, if they are pulling city freight, the city driver is also delayed now, and the customer is kept waiting. if they are pulling daylane freight, the day lane driver is delayed as well now. how about calling linehaul and explaining that they need to put the FOS in check? linehaul (while known to create many problems of their own) can actually solve quite a few problems as well.

Digital Import said:
getting even doesn't work. in fact you usually end up effecting someone else in the process. like overloading someone's trailer because they load jumped you or what not. they are delayed (obviously) and as a result, if they are pulling city freight, the city driver is also delayed now, and the customer is kept waiting. if they are pulling daylane freight, the day lane driver is delayed as well now. how about calling linehaul and explaining that they need to put the FOS in check? linehaul (while known to create many problems of their own) can actually solve quite a few problems as well.
no no,nothing that will hurt service.Put them on empties in a ice storm.Have all the top guy's screw with him,Screw him over at bid time with the help of you're fellow team mates.If the driver snakes you and nothing is done.Call Crystal palace.Keep an eye on him,If he dose anything wrong,Drop a dime.I hate having to be like this and have only had to do it 3 time's in many year's.I'm like to run with guy's has a team,All working together,But sometime you have to put the hammer down.In day's of old that's the way it was.I have never snaked a sr driver.I expect the same.:clap:

I hear what ya'll are saying about policy being just what it is - policy. But if we closely examine the policies that we find fault with and give legitimate points of why they are flawed, we should expect and demand the attention of policymakers in regards to why policy should be changed.

First in, First out. Probably one of the most hated policies just for the simple fact that there are so many bogus circumstances that can disrupt it's intended purpose.

I'll offer a situation that I know will ring true with a lot of other guys out there. Myself and the driver just below me in seniority are given our hooks at the same time. My dolly has a bad pigtail and I have to go find another one. Those few minutes give the junior driver the opportunity to dispatch first and slip out ahead of me to our destination. Magically, somehow or another that junior driver manages to make the 4 and a quarter hour drive without a bathroom break, but any other night, that truckstop halfway there would have been visited. Fair? No. In this instance, an exception for the senior driver should be made. As long as the senior driver made his run time, he should be the first out.

Another example is two drivers dispatch at the same time. The senior driver stops for a bathroom break. The junior driver doesn't. The junior driver gets cut loose from the FAC first. Fair? No. In this instance (similiar to the previous example) the senior driver should be the first out, as long as he made his run time. It would be nice if we could rely on junior drivers to tell the FAC FOS to go ahead and let the senior man out first, but this just isn't a realistic expectation.

We all know that the first in, first out policy was intended to encourage us to make it to the FAC in a timely manner. But what policymakers choose to ignore is that it has made the trip to the FAC an unsafe race half the time. Why not go by seniority and whether or not the driver made his run time when considering who gets to leave first. That is the FAIR way to do it.

If we provide actual, real-world flaws to our policies AND suggest fair, unbiased solutions, how can our leaders ignore these facts and sleep at night? If we are ignored after presenting such information then shame on them. Policymakers and policyfollowers need to work together on issues such as this one. It is ESSENTIAL!

DragRacer said:
I hear what ya'll are saying about policy being just what it is - policy. But if we closely examine the policies that we find fault with and give legitimate points of why they are flawed, we should expect and demand the attention of policymakers in regards to why policy should be changed.

First in, First out. Probably one of the most hated policies just for the simple fact that there are so many bogus circumstances that can disrupt it's intended purpose.

I'll offer a situation that I know will ring true with a lot of other guys out there. Myself and the driver just below me in seniority are given our hooks at the same time. My dolly has a bad pigtail and I have to go find another one. Those few minutes give the junior driver the opportunity to dispatch first and slip out ahead of me to our destination. Magically, somehow or another that junior driver manages to make the 4 and a quarter hour drive without a bathroom break, but any other night, that truckstop halfway there would have been visited. Fair? No. In this instance, an exception for the senior driver should be made. As long as the senior driver made his run time, he should be the first out.

Another example is two drivers dispatch at the same time. The senior driver stops for a bathroom break. The junior driver doesn't. The junior driver gets cut loose from the FAC first. Fair? No. In this instance (similiar to the previous example) the senior driver should be the first out, as long as he made his run time. It would be nice if we could rely on junior drivers to tell the FAC FOS to go ahead and let the senior man out first, but this just isn't a realistic expectation.

We all know that the first in, first out policy was intended to encourage us to make it to the FAC in a timely manner. But what policymakers choose to ignore is that it has made the trip to the FAC an unsafe race half the time. Why not go by seniority and whether or not the driver made his run time when considering who gets to leave first. That is the FAIR way to do it.

If we provide actual, real-world flaws to our policies AND suggest fair, unbiased solutions, how can our leaders ignore these facts and sleep at night? If we are ignored after presenting such information then shame on them. Policymakers and policyfollowers need to work together on issues such as this one. It is ESSENTIAL!
first in,first out has been brought to the attention of all levels of our management.Our feelings,thoughts and way's to fix it.They like us fighting each other.If I'm watching you and him,I'm not watching them.P.S you're doing very good in the boards.Can I send you some kool-aid.

gfy said:
first in,first out has been brought to the attention of all levels of our management.Our feelings,thoughts and way's to fix it.They like us fighting each other.If I'm watching you and him,I'm not watching them.P.S you're doing very good in the boards.Can I send you some kool-aid.

Yes, but HOW was it brought to their attention. A screaming baby rarely gets that toy in the toy store he wants. Please, don't anyone take that the wrong way, but can you see my point? The way we carry ourselves and the way we talk DOES MATTER. The "fooling around" on these boards is detrimental to our cause whether we see it or not. The method in which we approach our leaders DOES MATTER.

If you were in management in this company, would you respond to name calling and degrading comments, or would you rather hear facts and be dealt with professionally? Just food for thought....

gfy said:
P.S you're doing very good in the boards.Can I send you some kool-aid.

Thanks, gfy. I'll pass on the Kool-Aid though. Like I said before, I don't think any of us workin' class folks should ever have a hankerin' for Kool-Aid. We don't need to be under the influence when we approach our leaders to discuss our problems and concerns.

Ok, out of curiosity, how many of you "senior" drivers help out one of us bottom feeders when we ask "Hey, any chance you letting me cut out first, I feel like crap, or I got this thing with my kids today?"
Ya, I know policy, but I also know some of the reships let us work it out between us.

scroodigan,
that is a very fresh thought i would have never thought of my self!..you definatly have a
point here!

TWanger said:
Ok, out of curiosity, how many of you "senior" drivers help out one of us bottom feeders when we ask "Hey, any chance you letting me cut out first, I feel like crap, or I got this thing with my kids today?"
Ya, I know policy, but I also know some of the reships let us work it out between us.
I really like to think that we do it at my barn,for the most part. they're are a few who try to hump ya, but what comes around goes around. even at the re-ship, the FOS' don't really care, as long as they're numbers are good. It's all about the numbers:nutkick:

well i got alot too say no time to say it got to go sit in break room for hour in half make sure im not to early too reship dont wana upset ss millers big plans