XPO | New corporation ...New Truckingboard...New Owners ???

This si my first post. Been with CF for 7 months. Just went to XGO for orientation and one speaker(operations) said retirement fund 97% funded, . Another speaker(comtroler) said it was 100% funded? Another question does CF pay you during jury duty? thanks

Jury duty is available when you reach regular status is what I was told.

97%-100% I wonder which it is?
From what you said, It's not good when speakers contradict themselves in front people.

It may be funded ... as per new pension plan accounting and planing pratices .. let's say this... when cnf bought emery air freight .. about 225 mill out of the pension fund to purchase it ... money was never paid back ... also that was a long time ago ... we have hired a few thousand more employees... even if the same amount of money was in the plan ...it would still be short ... we'll just adjust the plan to fit the balance instead of adjusting the balance to fit the fund 10-4

Johnny Cash said:
This si my first post. Been with CF for 7 months. Just went to XGO for orientation and one speaker(operations) said retirement fund 97% funded, . Another speaker(comtroler) said it was 100% funded? Another question does CF pay you during jury duty? thanks
first off weclome johnny cash.
second we are not cf
we are con-way

gfy said:
conway freight,In short that is C.F.
Kind of Ironic how we rebranded to get away from the stigma of CF only to be called CF for short.
Con-Way freight<-- in very very small letters.

we may be Con-Way Freight (even if the Freight is in small letters) but being realistic, someone had to figure out along the way that we would be referred to as CF. I don't know, it just seems a bit more than just coincidence. Someone, somewhere had to have pointed it out, yet we continued on with the rebranding?

Yo Johnny L...
check with the big guy at the end of the hall. Last time I served on jury duty I received a day's pay for a day served as a jurer. Gray area is when you serve half a day only... are you then available to work? I always brought a work slip from the court house...c.y.a. always!

Only just begun, yes my friend, we have only just begun. With CFC still in bankruptcy ( four years mind you ) and the NAU in hyper speed, yes we have only just begun. The reentry of the former to take the place of the present is more than most people care to try to understand. Most people will just keep on talking about first in first out, the color of the new trucks, jury pay, and if you don`t like--there is the door, it is just a job man, hey-you should be glad that you have a job, you know who screwed me at the reship, that fos and the linehaul don`t know what they are doing, etcra, etc.,etc., etc.. I know that a few of you do not know what the NAU is--it is the north american union, ( NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH THE TEAMSTERS UNION ). If you care about the future and not about living from thursday to thursday, and hoping saturday would hurry up and get here you can look at the sites---www.roaddrivers.com--www.nascocorridor.com---www.humaneventsonline.com---www.spp.gov/---www.theconservativevoice.com---www.twicprogram.com--just to name a few to start you off, there are many more than just this small number. But I do not want to cloud your mind, and I do not want you to think that this is from a conspiracy nut. Just the facts. I hope that some of you are looking down the road more than just a few weeks.

Today 6-28-06 the scm out of xdp just quit. Now I wonder if he went to Mexico or Canada ? No wait a minute, I know him, and he is up to date on the current news, I bet he will stay here and prepare.

Him (xdp scm) and another guy from Conway can't remember his name but he was even a bigger fish at Conway are now working for NewEngland Motor Freight.:stirthepot:

If some of the people on here would take the time to read the entire thread, all six pages of this tread.And then read the entire list of the following six threads, you would be able to connect the dots.The first would be 43 years--#2 Dave M.--#3 Thieves and Cheats--#4U. S. Customs and Border Patrol Certifies Con-Way Freight C-TPAT Progam--#5 Insider Trading in top Management--#6 Con-Way and General Motors to enter discussions regarding purchase of Vector SCM.Now keep an open mind as you read the threads. Then go back and look at the history of this company. Then my freinds you will see why a few of us took the time to stand on the soap box. It is my hope that a few more will wake up and start to do something to change the way this company is heading.I said my little bit, now it is your turn.

Lawofone said:
If some of the people on here would take the time to read the entire thread, all six pages of this tread.And then read the entire list of the following six threads, you would be able to connect the dots.The first would be 43 years--#2 Dave M.--#3 Thieves and Cheats--#4U. S. Customs and Border Patrol Certifies Con-Way Freight C-TPAT Progam--#5 Insider Trading in top Management--#6 Con-Way and General Motors to enter discussions regarding purchase of Vector SCM.Now keep an open mind as you read the threads. Then go back and look at the history of this company. Then my freinds you will see why a few of us took the time to stand on the soap box. It is my hope that a few more will wake up and start to do something to change the way this company is heading.I said my little bit, now it is your turn.
Remember lawofone for people to take a turn they would have to have guts.Lunch room hero's don't have guts.They would take the time to look things up and ask hard questions of people who don't like to be asked questions.To stand up for them selfs when being wrong and stick by a co-owners side when he or she is being wronged.I think you are asking too much.

And whom we should ask these questins,personell supervisor? he dont know nothing,fos or fom? they dumb as a bag of hammers,scm?here i'm going to quote him and these were his words &quot;my lips are shaped so they fit perfectly around a-hole so i can kiss upper mgm a$$&quot; or should i go directly to mr.M?:soapbox:

stefan75 said:
And whom we should ask these questions,personell supervisor? he dont know nothing,fos or fom? they dumb as a bag of hammers,scm?here i'm going to quote him and these were his words &quot;my lips are shaped so they fit perfectly around a-hole so i can kiss upper mgm a$$&quot; or should i go directly to mr.M?:soapbox:
Make sure your facts are on and send a letter to your TM,RM AND DaveM,Send all of them a copy of what you want to ask.This way you still have used your chine of command.If still not happy with what they have to say,go higher.They can't fire you for asking a well thought out question.As a co-owner its your right.The best time to ask is when they visit.Is way they don't have the time to have 6 people get them the answers.