XPO | New corporation ...New Truckingboard...New Owners ???

gfy said:
the work doesn't suck,I like my job.What I don't like are the hypocrisies,Disrespect,Dis regards for the things they say they(management) standsfor.Why would you feel that calling are self's C.F (Conway freight) is a slap in the face.Its the name that started us,Are team,Our family and all that go with this place.If I am hurting your feelings I'm sorry.You need a hug.

:eck13:.........

Now something happen in trucking. In 1983 there was a holding company that started up a new company with plans in the future to eliminate a part of itself that had a third party encroachment to it`s plans. So in 1996 the holding company, spun off part of itself to itself to maintain control over it`s plans for the future. With people sitting on the compensation and audit boards of the freshly spun off part knowing what was going to take place in the near future, helped change this new spun off part to an operating company, to make things look good on paper. Now let us fast forward to 2002, and low and behold our operating company files for Chapter 11 ( reorganization ) bankruptcy and puts 20,000+ people out of a job, out of pension money, just out on the street; period. While this was taking place, some of the top people jumped back to the holding company as if nothing happen. After the bankruptcy was filed the operating company reversed back to a holding company. On paper this looks good. Let`s keep the shareholders happy. Looking in on today`s dealing, that is 2006, you will find that the holding company has changed to an operating company and is ready to do the same thing again. Do we see a pattern starting to develope here? Just look at recent headlines of what is going on with big corportations and ask yourself if you will be the next to be put out on the street. Will you lose your pension, and have the doors close on you? If that happens, what would you do?

Corn Bread said:
:eck13:.........
Well jake oe elwood,If you disagree with my statment please feel free to come up with a better reply.I know you have it in you.Hey brutus is that better.

Lawofone said:
Now something happen in trucking. In 1983 there was a holding company that started up a new company with plans in the future to eliminate a part of itself that had a third party encroachment to it`s plans. So in 1996 the holding company, spun off part of itself to itself to maintain control over it`s plans for the future. With people sitting on the compensation and audit boards of the freshly spun off part knowing what was going to take place in the near future, helped change this new spun off part to an operating company, to make things look good on paper. Now let us fast forward to 2002, and low and behold our operating company files for Chapter 11 ( reorganization ) bankruptcy and puts 20,000+ people out of a job, out of pension money, just out on the street; period. While this was taking place, some of the top people jumped back to the holding company as if nothing happen. After the bankruptcy was filed the operating company reversed back to a holding company. On paper this looks good. Let`s keep the shareholders happy. Looking in on today`s dealing, that is 2006, you will find that the holding company has changed to an operating company and is ready to do the same thing again. Do we see a pattern starting to develope here? Just look at recent headlines of what is going on with big corportations and ask yourself if you will be the next to be put out on the street. Will you lose your pension, and have the doors close on you? If that happens, what would you do?

Would the first C.F. and Emery comes to mind.

I was chatting with my wife who has a business degree and works in the front office of a seperate trucking company (NOT CONWAY) and she said that everytime a business changes it's name they can either keep things such as pensions or do away with them altogether. Kind of gives you something to think about with conway changing names again.. CCX..Conway Transportation Services, and now Conway Freight....They had it in their minds from 1983 on to break the unions because of costs and send the old CF'ers packing..Look back at CEX, same thing happened to them..Wake up look in the shadows, you might find sneaky Pete lurking somewhere..:rockon:

your killing me

wipeyourmgmt said:
think anyone will recigonize me?
lmao, well I always heard that truck drivers were'nt very smart and you may have just supported that with this post. Im not from your barn but have done via's thru there and I know who you are!!! Its not very hard when you post a picture of your own personal vehicle, and then wonder will anyone recognize me, :batman: have another drink SS! :Banger-Cow:

fisherman XJA said:
I was chatting with my wife who has a business degree and works in the front office of a seperate trucking company (NOT CONWAY) and she said that everytime a business changes it's name they can either keep things such as pensions or do away with them altogether. Kind of gives you something to think about with conway changing names again.. CCX..Conway Transportation Services, and now Conway Freight....They had it in their minds from 1983 on to break the unions because of costs and send the old CF'ers packing..Look back at CEX, same thing happened to them..Wake up look in the shadows, you might find sneaky Pete lurking somewhere..:rockon:
cnf was on the books in 1958.

you think you know who i am

enronintheworks said:
lmao, well I always heard that truck drivers were'nt very smart and you may have just supported that with this post. Im not from your barn but have done via's thru there and I know who you are!!! Its not very hard when you post a picture of your own personal vehicle, and then wonder will anyone recognize me, :batman: have another drink SS! :Banger-Cow:
thats not my personal vehicle i saw it at a friends house.

lmao

wipeyourmgmt said:
thats not my personal vehicle i saw it at a friends house.

oh come on ss, first of all you dont have any friends, I heard you quit paying them , and second, everyone that knows you knows that you act b4 you think, mums the word, maybe someday I will tell you it was me!

whats the new pic of, your jeep, in your dreams :shock:

sorry

enronintheworks said:
oh come on ss, first of all you dont have any friends, I heard you quit paying them , and second, everyone that knows you knows that you act b4 you think, mums the word, maybe someday I will tell you it was me!

whats the new pic of, your jeep, in your dreams :shock:
sorry dont know who is ss,as for me i have lots of friends and i always think b4 i act. how about you?