FedEx Freight | new locks

some of them I have to put my key in, turn to the unlock postion, hold lock closed turn key back to locked, to get them to stay closed/locked

Added a don't care one way or the other option to the poll.

I haven't had any real issues with the new locks, have noticed if you don't turn the tumbler back to the locked position it will pop open.

I do like the more solid keys, the old keys had a weak point that made them easy to twist and break.

FM

these new locks really suck we got our first taste of winter and they cant even hold up, they freez up and have had some that wont even lock back, who ever the company that sold these to fed ex must of seen them coming, what a waste of money.
Doesn't it have to get really cold for them to freeze, like below 50 dgrees or something?

you have to turn them back to the lock position to get your key out.

forget about enhanced 401k and a pension plan i think we should all buy stock in abloy the rate we are going i think it would be a sure fire retirement plan

Abloy locks

This may be a rumor but I think we have stopped buying them , can anyone confirm this?
I just heard this today 12,12,2006 .

I am a truck driver, not an over-qualified dock worker. It is not my job to open or close a lock. It is someone else's responsibility to secure that thing on the back of the trailer. I have much more important things to do, like, you know, drive the truck.:tongue0015:

I had the most horrible thing happen with one of the new Abloy locks yesterday. I could not get it to lock. I was really in a hurry to get clear of the yard and I wanted the damned thing locked. I had to reach into my pocket and pull out that useless key and actually put it into the lock. The damned thing still would not lock closed, I finally had to resort to the extreme measure of turning the key counterclockwise nearly 20 degrees. That did it. Finally, after 45 seconds of extreme work it was locked and I could leave the yard. I don't know what I would do if I was an Eastie and had to do that 2 or 3 times a day. I would most likely have to find a different company that does not impose problems on me that cost so much time and effort.:tongue0015:

I had the most horrible thing happen with one of the new Abloy locks yesterday. I could not get it to lock. I was really in a hurry to get clear of the yard and I wanted the damned thing locked. I had to reach into my pocket and pull out that useless key and actually put it into the lock. The damned thing still would not lock closed, I finally had to resort to the extreme measure of turning the key counterclockwise nearly 20 degrees. That did it. Finally, after 45 seconds of extreme work it was locked and I could leave the yard. I don't know what I would do if I was an Eastie and had to do that 2 or 3 times a day. I would most likely have to find a different company that does not impose problems on me that cost so much time and effort.:tongue0015:

do you want to do that 10 times a day with
-20 below weather????

How can you guys be having so much trouble with these locks. I'm sure the guy in Harrison didn't have any problems when he was playing with the lock on his desk.

Heres the latest event I have had with new locks. Did my pre-trip and checked to be sure all locks were secure and they were then left the yard to come home and by the time I arrived back at our yard the tail trailer lock had popped open I assumed cause of the very smoth drive up the freeway. Also was told that we were to use our keys to lock the locks and be sure to give them a extra tug to be sure they are locked. Well this is turning out to be one huge waste of time. called my stock broker and advised him to purchase stock in these locks cause the repeat buisness should generate me a huge chunk of change:hysterical:

New Lock's

Heres the latest event I have had with new locks. Did my pre-trip and checked to be sure all locks were secure and they were then left the yard to come home and by the time I arrived back at our yard the tail trailer lock had popped open I assumed cause of the very smoth drive up the freeway. Also was told that we were to use our keys to lock the locks and be sure to give them a extra tug to be sure they are locked. Well this is turning out to be one huge waste of time. called my stock broker and advised him to purchase stock in these locks cause the repeat buisness should generate me a huge chunk of change:hysterical:
HaHa Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha:hysterical: :1036316054: