FedEx Freight | new locks

I can't believe that I just now saw this thread, lol. Yes, these Abloy's are a joke. I got a trailer the other day where the lock would appear locked (and stay in the locked position), but if you pulled on it with your hand, it would open.

Real secure, huh? I hope that they get these things fixed soon.

a real money saver

I have had so many bad locks lately that I have give up on fixing them unless its the back trailer and I can't get out of the gate with it, the shops are fixing them as fast as they can. thats all we can do, it is so bad that in the dispatch window we have a sigh that says shop has locks or no locks.

At least your shop fixes them....our shop wont even try, they just cut em off. So then you gotta go ask dispatch for a spare lock.

Locks

One of our mechanics said that they are very good locks. If used like they were designed. They aren't designed to be sideways, but straight up and down. That's why they are having to add the little plastic "door" on the bottoms to try and keep the crap out of them.

I've had them pop open on me all the time. Locks you have to use the key to lock them. Locks that you can't get the key in.

The decision to go with these locks obviously was made without much testing in bad conditions. If any testing at all.

And they just keep throwing money after a bad move. I thought we had brighter people in charge. Well, I had hoped we had.

Has anyone figured out if we can make a duplicated key ?

I have 2 sets of keys , one set I keep on my belt and the other set is either in my ignition or my front pocket. I know it sounds stupid having two exact sets but one time when I was going to unlock my truck and depart my delivery ,after unlocking my tractor the keys slipped out of my hand and went straight down the sewer never to be seen again . Someone told me that a Chrysler blank works.

Has anyone figured out if we can make a duplicated key ?

I have 2 sets of keys , one set I keep on my belt and the other set is either in my ignition or my front pocket. I know it sounds stupid having two exact sets but one time when I was going to unlock my truck and depart my delivery ,after unlocking my tractor the keys slipped out of my hand and went straight down the sewer never to be seen again . Someone told me that a Chrysler blank works.

I know the keys for the Freighliner M2's use Chrysler blanks, but I am not sure for anything else...

smoke, having two sets of keys is a smart move.... I do ...can't help on the Chrysler blank though..... but I have only one abloy key... and one hammer that fits when needed!!