TForce | new message dvd

clutchcargo said:
It's hard for me to watch the DVD I got in the mail.
I don't need anyone telling me what would be good or bad for me. That is my choice!!!!!!
And to hear it from someone who was made a millionare many times over when UPS bought Overnite.
He would of made one hell of a used car salesperson.
Ya for that dude to set there and tell me I'm better off being non union ,,He is so full of him self..,He got all the money and we keep having to hear this non union crap ..I'm tired of his sh*t:chairshot:

Valerie said:
I have to admit that even with my husband's feelings on the union/non-union issue, he still has not watched the DVD. It is still sitting on top of the TV.
It's the same show just a differant day..Leo go jump in the lake and take your people with u.:chairshot:

just-me said:
OK we put up the letter to ups from hoffa it stayed up about 5 hours b 4 someone took it down..we called ups in atlanta and told them we are tired of the overnite crap ,and they said it's only a matter of time :bgroovy:
I have a printer and lots and lots of paper and soon on weekends when managements gone, copies of the UPS CEO's letter are going to start appearing on the seat of every city and linehaul tractor in my yard, already got volunteers to help !!!

wassesname said:
or is it fear of being ashamed of the low lifes he was once so proud of.

Don't assume what he thinks about anyone. We have better things to do when he is home than watch TV!

It is hay cutting time on our farm and the blue gill are biting up at the lake!

Wassesname.......let's see know,in the past few weeks, you have called fellow employees cowards,rats,lowlifes,and a few other things that you can't call them under union rules"comments diparaging a brother teamster"......great way to promote a social discourse you lemming

If you have a person who is trying to decide which way would be the best for him and his family, you have people making STUPID comments that can sway a person in the other direction!

mossbackman said:
I have a printer and lots and lots of paper and soon on weekends when managements gone, copies of the UPS CEO's letter are going to start appearing on the seat of every city and linehaul tractor in my yard, already got volunteers to help !!!
Be carefull brother, HR is watching.

mossbackman said:
Well we r still putting them up on our board ..they have stopped taking them down.:bgroovy:

Valerie said:
If you have a person who is trying to decide which way would be the best for him and his family, you have people making STUPID comments that can sway a person in the other direction!

I can understand what you are saying Valerie.
But if a person is swayed by a stupid comment then I question their ability to make a good judgment call anyway.

I have always said and I believe it is still to early to make a decision for or against. But so far in my book union is edging ahead. But like I also said I want to be tied to UPS when the time comes.

Skeeter said:
I can understand what you are saying Valerie.
But if a person is swayed by a stupid comment then I question their ability to make a good judgment call anyway.

Skeeter,

Good call, however, I think we are all intelligent enough not to let a stupid (usually personal attack) comment sway anyone in one direction or another.
I have always said and I believe it is still to early to make a decision for or against. But so far in my book union is edging ahead. But like I also said I want to be tied to UPS when the time comes.

Exactly what do you mean when you refer to being tied to UPS? With the rebranding of UPS Freight, whether union or not, aren't you already tied to UPS? If you are refering to making the same pay scale, trust me I am all for it.....it would only serve to bring up the rest of the Teamster wages in the long run. Same thing would hold true for pension and health benefits. If you are refering to being able to go on strike with the package division, I don't see that happening. Although owned by the same corporation, it is still 2 different entities. You would however be able to support a strike, refuse to cross the picket lines or carry struck goods on your trucks, but that would be where it stops.

Valerie do you sell your hay?

I have to buy 400 bails a year for my wifes horses.

When our company was Overnite,my TM used to let me borrow a 48 foot trailer so I could pick up fresh cut and bailed hay on a Saturday.

As long as it wasn't to far from my place,he let me us my assigned tractor and didn't charge me for any fuel I used,
What a guy.
Now that we are UPS Freight I wouldn't even think of asking him to put his neck on the chopping block for me anymore.

I guess I'll have to use my dodge half ton this year.
Going to take 8 trips for 50 bails per load.

Thats life,you know what they say all good things must come to an end sometime.

May the Lord direct your path it works for me.

I guess I should correct myself in saying that stupid comments would sway them, but it just gives some another reason not to listen to what the union may say.

We don't sell our hay. We actually round bale it, plus buy another 200 bales of alfalfa.

Val you are spending more time responding to my stupid posts than the seven minutes it took to watch the DVD. i wish i could say i didnt watch it,

Teamsters are a joke. Anything that makes them look bad they don't claim it. Things that the dvd showed really did happened. My dad worked as a teamster for 25 years and got screwed in the end. I use to support the union but after the job the did on my old man and the how they conducted the last strike with the racial slurs and brick tossing contest and trying to build a house around O drivers going down the road. Teamsters have got some big balls asking me and others to join an organization like this. This was not intended to offend anyone i promise you this.

wassesname said:
Val you are spending more time responding to my stupid posts than the seven minutes it took to watch the DVD. i wish i could say i didnt watch it,

I don't take time to watch TV every day. I am at work until 6pm everyday (Mon-Fri)and then usually not back in the house until 10pm and sometimes later. The DVD doesn't make any difference to start with. When talk of union started several years ago, we even got videos from the teamsters. I think they probably sat just as long too.