XPO | New Raise ? $$$

They need to do something. FAST
For the type of work we do ( dockworkers and drivers ) our pay is not competitive in most markets ( large , medium , and small )

In my area there are billboards up that show the starting pay for fully enclosed air conditioned warehouses that's beating our dockworkers starting pay by $2 an hour.

For the drivers , there are 4 and 5 figure bonuses. For dockworkers that want to drive , you can get the bonus AND get CDL training PAID FOR AND SELECT linehaul or P&D and start at top pay.

I don't care how we got here , I'm glad to see the power shift BACK to those that work and want to work.

Personally , I believe we could have ( and should have ) had pay increases ( larger pay raises to be clear ) and benefits being improved at least 10 years ago. The money is there at a lot of these major corporations.

I heard a restaurant owner on the radio a few days ago saying she had to upgrade the benefits AND pay she was offering in order to get and keep employees.

It makes sense. The price of most things has went up ( especially when there has been a demand for that thing ) Housing - up. Automobiles - up. Food - up. Gas - up. Building materials - up. There's a demand for these things.

There's a demand for labor ( workers of ALL kinds ) the price SHOULD go up if the demand has went up.

For the type of work we do ( dockworkers and drivers ) our pay is not competitive in most markets ( large , medium , and small )

In my area there are billboards up that show the starting pay for fully enclosed air conditioned warehouses that's beating our dockworkers starting pay by $2 an hour.

For the drivers , there are 4 and 5 figure bonuses. For dockworkers that want to drive , you can get the bonus AND get CDL training PAID FOR AND SELECT linehaul or P&D and start at top pay.

I don't care how we got here , I'm glad to see the power shift BACK to those that work and want to work.

Personally , I believe we could have ( and should have ) had pay increases ( larger pay raises to be clear ) and benefits being improved at least 10 years ago. The money is there at a lot of these major corporations.

I heard a restaurant owner on the radio a few days ago saying she had to upgrade the benefits AND pay she was offering in order to get and keep employees.

It makes sense. The price of most things has went up ( especially when there has been a demand for that thing ) Housing - up. Automobiles - up. Food - up. Gas - up. Building materials - up. There's a demand for these things.

There's a demand for labor ( workers of ALL kinds ) the price SHOULD go up if the demand has went up.
The question is why has our pay not kept up

At the rate people are quitting. They need to pay more or close the doors.

At the rate people are quitting. They need to pay more or close the doors.
Why should they pay anymore? If you don’t like it leave . Their cool with that and they know you have no say in it . Better yet stay and keep your mouth shut . They really like that . Just settle for what the think is fair . Your cool with that right ?

I totally agree with everything is up , except our damn pay checks

All I am hearing from management how busy the company is how they can’t keep with the demand, so that means the charge these companies more for that freight to be picked up , why aren’t more driver upset about where we are right now ?

All I am hearing from management how busy the company is how they can’t keep with the demand, so that means the charge these companies more for that freight to be picked up , why aren’t more driver upset about where we are right now ?
They have settled.

Oh yes the money is there. Your powerless to do anything about it though and I do not mean that as an insult.

Everybody quitting and happy with their new jobs. We don’t matter to XPO. Every other company out there is treating their drivers like kings. Here we get treated like stray dogs.
And I’m not talking about local management. When we had visitors looking for someone to blame. Several groups of drivers told them that if they walk the TM out that those drivers would be walking out with him. The problem is at the corporate level. Jacobs doesn’t think human beings have value in his company. And he doesn’t even think that we are human beings. Just an expense on a report.

Everybody quitting and happy with their new jobs. We don’t matter to XPO. Every other company out there is treating their drivers like kings. Here we get treated like stray dogs.
And I’m not talking about local management. When we had visitors looking for someone to blame. Several groups of drivers told them that if they walk the TM out that those drivers would be walking out with him. The problem is at the corporate level. Jacobs doesn’t think human beings have value in his company. And he doesn’t even think that we are human beings. Just an expense on a report.
He already said he will replace us with driverless trucks ! I think that about says it all.

Also pointed out to me today. All of the competition is about to give out raises. XPO is already behind on compensation at the current rate. And unable to get applications. And how many more would quit knowing they can walk right in at top out somewhere else. With a several thousand dollar sign on bonus. Making more money. Not working the dock. And having consistent home time. Working for a trucking company that values truck drivers.

What the frak am I still doing here ??? Dammit.

Also pointed out to me today. All of the competition is about to give out raises. XPO is already behind on compensation at the current rate. And unable to get applications. And how many more would quit knowing they can walk right in at top out somewhere else. With a several thousand dollar sign on bonus. Making more money. Not working the dock. And having consistent home time. Working for a trucking company that values truck drivers.

It is a question you wind up asking yourself. I'm waiting for what I want. I've applied for that particular job. I get the feeling it's a matter of time.

Give it a shot