XPO | New Raise ? $$$

One of the managers told me we supposed to get another raise this fall….
Estes, which is just on the other side of the titty bar from us at NAV (Asheville, NC), is offering $5.80 more per hour. They're hurting, because they underbid us for our biggest account and now they have neither the drivers nor the dockworkers to handle it. I don't want to leave XPO, but Judas priest! That's $10,000 more per year! I love my team, because I'm a dockworker and have always loved the camaraderie at NAV between drivers and dockers. But I would be an idiot not to at least inquire. I mean, I first found out about the pay discrepancy last week from our longest-tenured driver, whom I call "Million-Mile Tommy." So I started looking into it.

I think it's funny how some on here are telling you which one better yet they never worked at either or never work anywhere else then here. Every place has is pro and cons.
I had a contract with FedEx ground linehaul and worked at ups years and years ago . My biggest mistake was not holding out for steady work at ups . I would be sitting real good now if I had waited it out . Oh well not long to retirement now . Lesson learned .

Estes, which is just on the other side of the titty bar from us at NAV (Asheville, NC), is offering $5.80 more per hour. They're hurting, because they underbid us for our biggest account and now they have neither the drivers nor the dockworkers to handle it. I don't want to leave XPO, but Judas priest! That's $10,000 more per year! I love my team, because I'm a dockworker and have always loved the camaraderie at NAV between drivers and dockers. But I would be an idiot not to at least inquire. I mean, I first found out about the pay discrepancy last week from our longest-tenured driver, whom I call "Million-Mile Tommy." So I started looking into it.
Funny thing is if you apply at Estes now you'd be lucky to start before Halloween with how slow their hiring process is. When I applied it was well over a month before I could even get in for an interview and the TM was less than interested in answering any of my questions despite having about 15 sub contractors getting loaded with city freight. Plus no OT until 55 but I suppose if you're on the dock that means nothing and maybe the hiring process is different than for a driver. If I was a dock worker though I'd be asking myself doesn't there have to be a climate controlled warehouse with equal or better pay/benies that pays OT that doesn't have a 90+% turnover rate? Air suspension seat and 72 degrees year round sounds pretty good to me...

Never was sick before a holiday in 20 years thought if you gave a doctor's note that was excused screw yoy
What some forget is the reason behind policies like this were at on time companies had a big problem with employees call off the day before and after a holiday. In both the union shop I worked for both had it was spelled out in the contract and that goes back to the mid 90's

Not sure what exactly is going on. But they don’t sell when they expect it is going to go up. And GXO will be a better investment than XPO. By a bunch. When the new company launches. They will need cash on hand to buy into it. Money to be made.
or it could be the new Capitol gains tax laws the Biden admin is pushing. It's at 20% now he wants to raise it to 39.6%. Selling now save him 98 million in fed taxes

Funny thing is if you apply at Estes now you'd be lucky to start before Halloween with how slow their hiring process is. When I applied it was well over a month before I could even get in for an interview and the TM was less than interested in answering any of my questions despite having about 15 sub contractors getting loaded with city freight. Plus no OT until 55 but I suppose if you're on the dock that means nothing and maybe the hiring process is different than for a driver. If I was a dock worker though I'd be asking myself doesn't there have to be a climate controlled warehouse with equal or better pay/benies that pays OT that doesn't have a 90+% turnover rate? Air suspension seat and 72 degrees year round sounds pretty good to me...
Hmmm...I love XPO, but are you saying things might be worse at Estes? That has been my fear, or I would have jumped two months ago. You know the saying: The devil you know is better than the devil you don't.

Hmmm...I love XPO, but are you saying things might be worse at Estes? That has been my fear, or I would have jumped two months ago. You know the saying: The devil you know is better than the devil you don't.
Read through these forums. Talk to drivers and dockworkers from other companies. Develop a perspective besides your own. More information is better. ( In my opinion )

When you step back and look at it , where you work may not be the worse place to be. May not. There's nothing wrong with pointing out things that could stand some improvement though.

A saying you will see and hear: Same sh!t , different truck.

Also: The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence.

Rich people don’t pay taxes. Like the kid Zuckersmuck. Gets rich. Renounces his American citizenship and becomes a citizen of Taiwan. Rich people don’t pay taxes.
Mark Zuckerberg did not renounce his American Citizenship. You don't have to make things up to show he is not a great person. There is plenty of true things for that.

Mark Zuckerberg did not renounce his American Citizenship. You don't have to make things up to show he is not a great person. There is plenty of true things for that.
As far as I can find , there was a Facebook co-founder that did renounce his United States citizenship to go to Singapore before Facebook's initial public offering.

His name : "Eduardo Saverin is one of the five creators of Facebook and was born in Brazil to Brazilian parents. By the time he was eleven, Saverin’s father had become wealthy and Eduardo was believed to be a target for kidnapping. In response to fears regarding this, the Saverin family moved to Miami and Eduardo eventually became a US citizen. In 2009, after settling a bitter legal battle with Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg, Saverin moved to Singapore.

Two years later, he became a Singaporean resident and renounced his US citizenship while maintaining his original Brazilian citizenship. His renunciation prompted US Senator Chuck Schumer to fly into a tirade and propose the “Ex-PATRIOT Act”, which would bar former US citizen “tax avoiders” from re-entering the country and impose new tax rules. Schumer claimed that “America [made] Saverin” successful; it couldn’t have come from living most of his childhood in another country with a wealthy businessman father. Despite his renunciation, Saverin still paid hundreds of millions in US taxes."

From - Nomad Capitalist