XPO | New Raise ? $$$

Mark Zuckerberg did not renounce his American Citizenship. You don't have to make things up to show he is not a great person. There is plenty of true things for that.
As far as I can find , there was a Facebook co-founder that did renounce his United States citizenship to go to Singapore before Facebook's initial public offering.

His name : "Eduardo Saverin is one of the five creators of Facebook and was born in Brazil to Brazilian parents. By the time he was eleven, Saverin’s father had become wealthy and Eduardo was believed to be a target for kidnapping. In response to fears regarding this, the Saverin family moved to Miami and Eduardo eventually became a US citizen. In 2009, after settling a bitter legal battle with Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg, Saverin moved to Singapore.

Two years later, he became a Singaporean resident and renounced his US citizenship while maintaining his original Brazilian citizenship. His renunciation prompted US Senator Chuck Schumer to fly into a tirade and propose the “Ex-PATRIOT Act”, which would bar former US citizen “tax avoiders” from re-entering the country and impose new tax rules. Schumer claimed that “America [made] Saverin” successful; it couldn’t have come from living most of his childhood in another country with a wealthy businessman father. Despite his renunciation, Saverin still paid hundreds of millions in US taxes."

From - Nomad Capitalist

Sorry I named the wrong rich person. It still happened. Thank you to icuicp for providing the details. Rich people don't pay taxes.

Read through these forums. Talk to drivers and dockworkers from other companies. Develop a perspective besides your own. More information is better. ( In my opinion )

When you step back and look at it , where you work may not be the worse place to be. May not. There's nothing wrong with pointing out things that could stand some improvement though.

A saying you will see and hear: Same sh!t , different truck.

Also: The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence.
But it always looks greener, my friend. Especially for $6 more per hour.

Hmmm...I love XPO, but are you saying things might be worse at Estes? That has been my fear, or I would have jumped two months ago. You know the saying: The devil you know is better than the devil you don't.
Having read these forums for awhile I can tell you the main theme amongst all carriers is your experience will vary based on the terminal. There's no real way to know unless you talk to the local employees. As long as you avoid the bottom feeders ie. Central there's every chance you'll have a good experience. Personally I'll avoid my local Estes terminal because of the TM and they run a pretty big operation out of a 50 or so door barn with no yard space.

Having read these forums for awhile I can tell you the main theme amongst all carriers is your experience will vary based on the terminal. There's no real way to know unless you talk to the local employees. As long as you avoid the bottom feeders ie. Central there's every chance you'll have a good experience. Personally I'll avoid my local Estes terminal because of the TM and they run a pretty big operation out of a 50 or so door barn with no yard space.
LOL; CTI is right next door to us. They really have no yard space.

Sorry for bitching so much over the weekend about MMH. Our OSD agent/CSR told me as long as the FOM or FOS isn't complaining, don't worry about it. But like I said, I am a competitive person. Whoever is paying my checks, whether it's XPO or Denny's (yes, I was a third-shift cook there, and I would actually come out of the kitchen and ask my customers about their meals), I just want to give 100 percent. Nobody will ever outwork me; my parents taught me with a strong Protestant/Southern Baptist work ethic. I have to be half-dead before I call in a sick day. To paraphrase the lovable, late R. Lee Ermey (Gunny Hartman) in one of my favorite movies ("Full Metal Jacket"), I gave my heart to Jesus, but my ass belongs to XPO!

Sorry for bitching so much over the weekend about MMH. Our OSD agent/CSR told me as long as the FOM or FOS isn't complaining, don't worry about it. But like I said, I am a competitive person. Whoever is paying my checks, whether it's XPO or Denny's (yes, I was a third-shift cook there, and I would actually come out of the kitchen and ask my customers about their meals), I just want to give 100 percent. Nobody will ever outwork me; my parents taught me with a strong Protestant/Southern Baptist work ethic. I have to be half-dead before I call in a sick day. To paraphrase the lovable, late R. Lee Ermey (Gunny Hartman) in one of my favorite movies ("Full Metal Jacket"), I gave my heart to Jesus, but my ass belongs to XPO!
Love your post

Can’t hire nobody. Because even starting at top out, with several thousand dollar sign on bonus, this job is very unappealing. Splitting the company. Teamsters get a contract. So many moving parts. Pay more ? Or move on ? What will Jacobs do ?