XPO | New Raise ? $$$

I've been having this same thought too. I'm thinking of bailing soon maybe to some kind of regional gig or something. My back and knees should not feel the way they do at my age.
What has change so much to make you want to quit?

Out sick wed Thursday fri bronchitis was informed today no holiday pay also doctors note that's why people are upset with everything bust your hump all year get sick and screw you no pay

Out sick wed Thursday fri bronchitis was informed today no holiday pay also doctors note that's why people are upset with everything bust your hump all year get sick and screw you no pay
We had a guy out sick over the memorial day holiday and he got paid for the holiday. I would press them and present a doctors note and try to get paid for that day. I don’t think they mess with us that much because of the union backIng particularly if somebody was legitimately sick. Right now they should be doing everything they can to discourage people coming into work sick you did the right thing and you should be paid for that holiday the way I see it.

Even with a doctor's note? Wow.

Out of curiosity , did you try taking this above the local level?
The problem is trying to get HR to do anything at this point. Sometimes the only way we can get things done is through the union here by them contacting HR. I can’t imagine you guys without representation and get very satisfactory results when dealing with HR maybe it varies by the area who knows but our HR seems to be totally inapt.

Maybe FMLA? Don’t know if it’s worth the hassle for you. I had that happen to me. It’s at the discretion of the TM. I also had a driver in the same situation and get paid for the holiday.

Yes, it’s gotten crazy . Also the amount of places that won’t go on trucks with a forklift is growing. Businesses move constantly never updating addresses or putting up signage for that matter. Blocking and entering info into the handhelds instead of office clerks is very time consuming and stifles productivity . Dimension capture also slows down our progress. Time constraints have grown immensely at the same time these seemly small task have come into play and add to the drivers frustration. We used to be able to more stops per hour before these added task, not to mention we have never been duly compensated for the increase work. I could go on from here till tomorrow but you get the drift….
I don't know why you are bitching...Don't you get paid by the hour??? You taking your breaks and lunch also reduces productivity??? I don't know why you would be frustrated they pay you by the hour with OT after 8... It doesn't matter if your driving down the road or entering info in the HH your getting paid the same rate. Thats what they want that's what they get. I miss a delivery/pickup so what tomorrow another day.

Right now the hot places to go around here..... UPS feeder. FedEx ground contractor.

UPS feeder you get all the bells and whistles of that contract. Health care and pension. Current top out is $40.99. If you are a young man and have the time to cash in on all of that, it's a pretty good deal. That contact is double edged though. There are an estimated 1,327,942 rules. Takes 5 years to top out and until then you ain't making spit.

FedEx Ground you'll need to arrange your benefits and retirement. Pretty wise to control your own retirement anyway. And guys are finding free market health care for $150 a month that is significantly better coverage than what XPO provides. Assuming your wife can't cover you with her insurance. All you will do is drive day time line haul. Some start earlier or finish later. But there isn't really anything that starts in the evening and finishes in the morning like we do here. It's the gravyest damn job ever. And they are so desperate to move loads that the pay is not far off what I make here at XPO LTL. Some guys make more, some less. Because some runs are just further. Most put in 45-55 hours a week. Not one unhappy story out of any of them.

Good luck, driver. It's a crazy world. I get it.
I think it's funny how some on here are telling you which one better yet they never worked at either or never work anywhere else then here. Every place has is pro and cons.

I don't get it???? This has been the policy for years now you want special treatment, but when it comes to thing like the seniority you want the company to follow that to the letter.

I've been having this same thought too. I'm thinking of bailing soon maybe to some kind of regional gig or something. My back and knees should not feel the way they do at my age.
It called "Quality of Life" ask yourself why guy still drive for companies that pay less then us. We have many near use pay around $5 less per hour, no OT, insurance the same or worst, and PTO no were near what we get. Yet they are not beating down our door....Is $5 more worth the lousy hours, forced weekends, hours of dock time, and touching freight worth it...For many it not..

The problem is trying to get HR to do anything at this point. Sometimes the only way we can get things done is through the union here by them contacting HR. I can’t imagine you guys without representation and get very satisfactory results when dealing with HR maybe it varies by the area who knows but our HR seems to be totally inapt.
You do know that reason HR will not talk to you is because they can't, you have representation

I don't get it???? This has been the policy for years now you want special treatment, but when it comes to thing like the seniority you want the company to follow that to the letter.
Never was sick before a holiday in 20 years thought if you gave a doctor's note that was excused screw yoy

Whoa wait a minute here big fella! All the years that I’ve been telling you guys this you had 1 million excuses why a union contract was no good . Now all the sudden you’re willing to point out that they are the highest paid drivers. Even at the lower rate on the progression scale they make more than our drivers. I just want it to be noted right now at this moment what you posted. I do realize that LTL has been controlled by nonunion companies and they set the pace but if everybody stuck together we wouldn’t be begging anymore. UPS drivers have strong Unity and that’s why they make what they make. Comparing them to FedEx Ground owner operators as a laugh they’re not even in the same league when it comes down to who makes what in the end.

LTL does not have to be the way it is now again the reason being the way it is now is because companies have full control and say over everything. Drivers may never again have the power right now that they have but they lack the ability to do anything about it. Pay and benefits should be at a point that they attract drivers not the way they are now to where they’re losing drivers.

UPS driver unity was sold out by a corrupt entity posing as a labor union. UPS Freight drivers were forced to take a substandard contract also after company stopped taking new pickups and started clearing freight out of their system and laying off drivers after initial contract offer was rejected