TForce | new tractors are here

I drove the new International today.
I love how they put make-up mirrors in place of the International Logos they had removed.:biglaugh:
  • They moved the radio up one cubby hole for easier access.
  • Good sized cup holders.
  • Heated mirrors and spot mirrors!
  • Ash tray for management to gather DNA evidence to fire you for violating the No Smoking Policy.
  • Okay steering wheel height and adjustment lever. (Better on the Volvo)

The only minor issues I had was:
  • The exhaust stack being in your peripheral vision when checking your right side mirrors while driving, it always seemed like another truck was coming up on you.
  • The exhaust stack blocks your vision when trying to blind side.

Other than that it's a decent tractor that steers 100 times better than the old duct tape Internationals and a notch below the Volvos.

I'd like to see pictures on how the Road Drivers mount their CB's

We have had several of these 8600 or 9600 ( I do not recall now) trucks in our terminal, mostly Ryders, but if these trucks are speced correctly, they turn on the dime and have alot of power, and they are excellent in the snow, I also see the front end may have been modified for UPS, Very little smiley face. I hope they did something with the sound dampening, the International Eagles we have are deafening after a 6 hr. drive.

These are the new Prostars. Good truck from what I've heard about them. A driver from LandAir drives one and says it's as good as the Volvos. We'll see.

These are the new Prostars. Good truck from what I've heard about them. A driver from LandAir drives one and says it's as good as the Volvos. We'll see.

I heard from a landair driver that thier NJ terminal is union or about to be? I never new they had a NJ terminal. Apperently it is catching on quick?

Heard from a feeder driver entire California fleet is getting new trucks by years end I believe only 2004 and up will stay because of emission standards already lost a couple of are hard charging million mile trucks running better than some of the newer ones.

We don't have any city only newer Volvos, us city guys have cage fights to see who gets to drive them every day...rather sad, our newest road unit is from 05. I hate to say it, but I think SWIFT and Schneider have a better tractor program than us

We don't have any city only newer Volvos, us city guys have cage fights to see who gets to drive them every day...rather sad, our newest road unit is from 05. I hate to say it, but I think SWIFT and Schneider have a better tractor program than us

This may change, just a matter of time.

Yeah but their tractor program involves the insurance company replacing the wrecked units...:biglaugh:

i heard that upsf isn't going to be getting anymore volvos. something about volvo askiing to much money and ups not wanting to pay for them . maybe well see more of those long nosed internationals. YES

i heard that upsf isn't going to be getting anymore volvos. something about volvo askiing to much money and ups not wanting to pay for them . maybe well see more of those long nosed internationals. YES

That would probably explain why we got a few new Volvos and suddenly 4-5 Internationals afterwards.

i wonder, if possibly, Overnite had a contract with volvo, lets say for sake of argument, 2004-2009. Well now since UPS came in they probably just said lets ride out the current contract with volvo and then just mass produce internationals to both feeder and freight.

i have seen many of those new prostars on the feeder side

I know you have to order in advance when you buy that many tractors, I think city rigger is right they just rode out the contract Overnite had.