TForce | New Union

i realy dont think fon is interested in apwa but ONLY IN TEAMSTERS

I hope that this is the case, but I'll bet that there is some here that haven't educated themselves on what the apwa claims they have (but do not as of yet) and cast their vote because of the claims, and being blinded by the fact of being exclusive to UPS and Freight employees. (Bragging rights of some sort)

I've heard it from at least two so far, the blinders are on tight.

They dont have any parcel employee's signed up. Sounds if these two are spraeding there selves awfully thin trying to organize 230,000(?) UPSers and how ever many UPSFers

I am new to this forum,but,not new to the old blue and grey. I am in contact with the APWA quite frequently,and, I believe that this is the best option for UPSF. Flame me if you wish. I remember the same folks that want to call me brother now flipping me off and calling me a **** a few years ago ! F that and thier union. As far as the pension,that can be negotioated into the mix where by your pension that is currently in the UPS non-union employees retirement fund can be turned over to the APWA pension fund. Remember,everything is NEGOTIABLE ! The teamsters do not have the interest of overnite/upsf employees in mind. If the Master Freight contract is so great....why do the parcel employees have thier own contract seperate from Master Freight !

I am new to this forum,but,not new to the old blue and grey. I am in contact with the APWA quite frequently,and, I believe that this is the best option for UPSF. Flame me if you wish. I remember the same folks that want to call me brother now flipping me off and calling me a **** a few years ago ! F that and thier union. As far as the pension,that can be negotioated into the mix where by your pension that is currently in the UPS non-union employees retirement fund can be turned over to the APWA pension fund. Remember,everything is NEGOTIABLE ! The teamsters do not have the interest of overnite/upsf employees in mind. If the Master Freight contract is so great....why do the parcel employees have thier own contract seperate from Master Freight !

Again there is a big misconception of how the pention works, your pention will not be touched!!!!! When you retire, if we do become teamster's, Your existing pention with "O" now "UPSF" will be untouched and still in the hand's of "UPSF" SO YOU WILL BE RECIEVING 2 PENTION'S ,ONE FROM THE TEAMSTER'S ( IF INFACT WE DO BECOME) AND ONE FROM UPSF. when you retire. Alot of companies send out statement's as such to scare you into not joining a union.

One thing you are not getting is the APWA want's the pention. Why give them what is our's and will still be left untouched and managed by UPSF. They need it in the pot in order to invest. As far as I am concearned I would rather keep what I have earned where it is. SAFE AND 100% + Funded.

You people fear of the teamster's getting the pention, but you all are more then willing to give it too a union busting law firm. What is wrong with that picture. Sorry if I am a little extreme, It's the Thankgiving bloating.

Take your time ( AND WELCOME TO THE BOARDS BY THE WAY) and look at some of the debates we have had in the ominous threads that have been posted.

And again if you feel mistreated by our beloved hoffa, then become part of the TDU (Teamster's democratic union) and oust him.:funky: :funky: :funky:

Good Luck.

Simple answer to your last question.

Parcel and Freight are Apples and Oranges. Maybe that was to simple for you to understand but having worked under both I can tell you the only thing Parcel indusrty and the Freight indusrty have in common is that they move things.

See for yourself.

National Master Freight Agreement National Master Freight Agreement  - Table of Contents

National Master Parcel Agreement National Master UPS Agreement, 2002-2008

Also I'd like to add that UPS Corp will never hand over the monies in the Pension fund to APWA. Legally APWA is not intitled to them, can not sue for them, and in no way will ever obtain them for Father Brown.
In UPS's eyes THAT is Non-Negoitable

Parcel and Freight are Apples and Oranges. Maybe that was to simple for you to understand but having worked under both I can tell you the only thing Parcel indusrty and the Freight indusrty have in common is that they move things.

See for yourself.

National Master Freight Agreement National Master Freight Agreement - Table of Contents

Also I'd like to add that UPS Corp will never hand over the monies in the Pension fund to APWA. Legally APWA is not intitled to them, can not sue for them, and in no way will ever obtain them for Father Brown.

10-4, Copy,,,,,,,,,,,. I left that part out.... Thank you!!!!!!

Ok Teamster 251 you've got me.
You've clipped my wings.
I guess I'll take a break from the UPS Freight forum for a while,like a lot of other old UPS freight posters that just read,and not post.
Its been real.
Enjoy your self T251,I know when I've been licked.
I have more fun on the Big Thread,and the watering hole.
The posters on those forums are a lot more friendly.
Maybe after these contract talks have something tangable I'll come back to post some more?
Bye,bye!!!!!!!!

See for yourself.

National Master Freight Agreement National Master Freight Agreement  - Table of Contents

No s!@#$ sherlock...I did not fall off the truck yesterday ! I understand that Freight and Parcel is two different animals,however,it would be disasterous for UPSF to be locked in under master freight. We will be forever linked to Parcel and a very good chance that we will be fully integrated into the company,handling thier over flow. What would we do if we went out on a NMFA strike.It would hinder the bottom line ! As of now....UPSF makes about the same wage as Teamsters under the NMFA. I am more concerned with health and welfare than the $$$. Not to mention the bruised feelings over the strike against overnite. You seem to have sidestepped that issue completely. Why hasn't the IBT came out and apoligized to the EMPLOYEES for the actions of some of thier "renegade" members. BTW ....Do you know who Hoffa Jr. used to be employed with ? You guessed it johnny, good ole brown ! :hysterical: He is a former corporate attorney for UPS. Who's best interest does he have at heart ? seems to me he is still on UPS' payroll in a round about way. I am sorry if I am coming off harsh. I just wish outsiders(reads folks from yrh and ABF) would stay out of it and let the employees of UPSF make thier own decisions:chairshot: . Just some more food for thought...If the IBT is unconcerned about the APWA,why are they putting out propaganda cartoons against them and why the attempts to thwart thier effort ?:chairshot:

doooooh

See for yourself.

No s!@#$ sherlock...I did not fall off the truck yesterday ! I understand that Freight and Parcel is two different animals,however,it would be disasterous for UPSF to be locked in under master freight. We will be forever linked to Parcel and a very good chance that we will be fully integrated into the company,handling thier over flow. What would we do if we went out on a NMFA strike.It would hinder the bottom line ! As of now....UPSF makes about the same wage as Teamsters under the NMFA. I am more concerned with health and welfare than the $$$. Not to mention the bruised feelings over the strike against overnite. You seem to have sidestepped that issue completely. Why hasn't the IBT came out and apoligized to the EMPLOYEES for the actions of some of thier "renegade" members. BTW ....Do you know who Hoffa Jr. used to be employed with ? You guessed it johnny, good ole brown ! :hysterical: He is a former corporate attorney for UPS. Who's best interest does he have at heart ? seems to me he is still on UPS' payroll in a round about way. I am sorry if I am coming off harsh. I just wish outsiders(reads folks from yrh and ABF) would stay out of it and let the employees of UPSF make thier own decisions:chairshot: . Just some more food for thought...If the IBT is unconcerned about the APWA,why are they putting out propaganda cartoons against them and why the attempts to thwart thier effort ?:chairshot:

I am a UPSF employee, I do not speak for all but do for myself, I feel that being a guine pig for the APWA can be just as equally disasterous.
1. They do not have thier own HEALTHCARE SYSTEM. this in itself could prove disasterous, instaed they will have to build a group of people, to form a group in order to get the group discounts, that will steadily get cheaper as the group get's bigger if they get bigger ,otherwise our rates will be sky high, being a small business owner you cannot pull the wool over my eyes, then the same will follow with prescription drugs, life ins. and so on and so on.
2. It will cost us more to have a pention considering the fact that , they have none.
3. Investment costs.
4.Enrollment fees.
5. Dues which may not be as cheap of the teamsters.
6. In the beginning it may sound good but 1 descrepincy in the investment stradegy as the teamsters have felt in the past could infact be detremental to us all, considering the fact we are the only contributers.
7. I we go on strike it will still not benifit the bottom line.
8. This is a white paper contract. A winning combination of the NMFA and small package, which means we could still have a single employer pention fund, there is no certainty as to what we will see in a contract with the teamsters we have not seen it yet.
9. The company falls, and it could happen, when companies get top heavy they tend too loose control of how things are managed, UPS seems to have a corner on that market for now and we can only hope it continues, being a part of the Teamsters we do have the comfort of knowing we can go elsewhere for a job and continue our pention if something happens, we do not have this pleasure with th APWA.
10 If you need more I can get it.....

Since your new here, I will explain it to you as I know you have not read all the threads. Its UPSF employee's asking these outsiders the questions regarding the teamsters and the risky under funded APWA.

I guess you didn't read what you wrote.
To refresh your memory and save the hassle of going back and finding it, here it is

Now you asked the question and I answered it. It was pretty simple, my answer that is.

What you don't seem to understand is that UPS Freight and United Parcel Srevice are two different companies doing two completley different things thats why they have a Parcel agreement to govern them.
If by chance you are inquiring as to why the NMFA wasn't offered to UPS Freight then the answer would be that, that contract was negoitated by Trucking Management Inc (TMI) which preperesnts all the freight carriers involved, in was negioted with the Teamsters to suit them. Overnite just can't chime in and be part of it. They had nothing to do with it and I can't blame any company involved from prohibiting against Overnite being a part of it legally.
Now if you meant (and I'm not too sure you know either) that the NMFA is better than the Parcel agreement and you should be part of that too.

Anyway back to the subject of you being blended in with United Parcel Service. I know you are new to this board and you come out with your lips in gear and your mind in nuetral, but if you'd bothered to read any of the historical posts on this subject before letting you fingers fly, you'd know that being part of the Parcel agreement is something you don't want and probally never will be a part of.

Now before you go off on a tanget and accuse me and my attitude as the reason why you hate Teamsters, grow up. We've all heard it before, everyone hates me for who I am without even knowing me.

Let's get to my side stepping the issue of your brutal treatment at the hands of "so-called Teamsters" and the pyshical and emotional damage you suffered. Should I get down on my knees and beg your forgiveness or would you like me to walk backwards from Worcester to Boston naked carrying a sign saying I'm sorry. Give it a rest pal that's old news, very old news. Most of which was perpertraited by Non Teamsters and comapny propoganda. (Amazing what they can do with video these days, isn't it ). Please don't lead us all to believe you are a thinned skinned shy guy that has a problem with seeing an occcaisional bird or hear some foul langauge. I bet you see more than that on the dock in an hour's time each morning.

Now I ask you this Mr Breeze, how do you think that you will forever be linked into parcel and become fully intergrated in the parcel system?
And what makes being covered under the NMFA disastrous?

Please no swearing or name calling just simple fact based answers will be fine. I know you new here but I have all the answers, always have and always will, just asked Skeeter or Apo.

Comfortingly Yours, T251

Disclaimer: Br B most of my post are ridddle with sarcasim. If you can't handle it, get over it.

Also Hoffa is bad news always has been and always will be. The same can be said about Prez Bush. But right now they are both Presidents. As a Proud American and a Proud Dedicated Teamster I'll support each one until the change that I voted for is the change the majority wants.

:USA:

I guess you didn't read what yoou wrote.
To refresh your memmoryt and save the hassle of going back and finding it here it is

Now you asked the question and I answered it. It was pretty simple, my answer that is.

Waht you don't seem to understand is that UPS Freight and United Parcel Srevive are two different companies doing two completley different things thats why they have a Parcel agreement to govern them.
OIf by chance you are inquiring aas to why the NMFA wasn't offered to UPS Freight then the answer would be that, that contract was negoitated by Trucking Management Inc (TMI) which preperesnts all the freight carriers involved, in was negioted with the Teamsters to suit them. Overnite just can't chime in and be part of it. They had nothing to do with it and I can't blame any company involved frrom prohibiting against Overnite being a part of it legally.
Now if you meant ( and I'm not too sure you know either) that the NMFA is better than the Parcel agreement and you should be part of that too.

Anyway back to the subject of you being blended in with United Parcel Service. I know you are new to this board and you come out with your lips in gear and your mind in nuetral, but if you'd bothered to read and of the historical post on this subject before letting you fingers fly, you'd know that being aprt of the Parcel agreement is something you don't want and probally never will be a part of.

Now before you go off ona tanget and excuse me and my attitude as the reason why you hate Teamsters, grow up. We've all heard it before, everyoen hates me for who I am without even knowing me.

Let's get to my side stepping the issue of your brutal treatment at the hands of "so-called Teamsters" and the pyshical and emotional damage you suffered. Should I get down on my knees and beg your forgiveness of would you lie me to walk backwards from Worcester to Boston naked carrying asign saying I'm sorry. Give it a rest pal that old news, very old news. Most of which was perpertraited by Non Teamsters and comapny propoganda. (Amazing what they can do with video these days isn't ). Please don't lead us all to believe youare a thinned skinned shy guy that has a problem with seeing and occcaisional bird or hear some foul langauge. I bet you seem more that on the dock in and hours time each morning.

Now I ask you this Mr Breeze, how do you think that you will forever be linked into parcel and become fully intergrated in the parcel system?
And waht makes being covered under the NMFA disastrous?

Please no swearing or name calling just simple fact based answer will be fine. I know you knew here but I have all the answers, always have and always will, just asked Skeeter or Apo.

Comfortingly Yours, T251

Disclaimer: Br B most of my post are ridddle with sarcasim. If you can't handle it, get over it.

Also Hoffa is bad news always has been and always will be. The same can be said about Prez Bush. But right now they are both Presidents. As a Proud American and a Proud Dedicated Teamster I'll support each one until the change that I voted for is the change the majority wants.

:USA:

I love the disclaimer, And I don't hate you. Your posts are not short and sweet, But they are to the point!!

Oh more thing Mr B, I know that last post was a little long and maybe hard for you to digest so I'll finish here.

If someone was trying to move in to your house, take your wife, disipline you children and sleep in your bed, would you stand idlily by?
I think maybe that's why the IBT is concerned. But I suppose if they did nothing you'd degrade them for that too, so I guess it's a lose, lose situation for the IBT in you eyes. They couldn't do anything right by you, even if they sh!t gold bullion in your bathroom and wiped with $100 bills.

Make sure you spray, you know how those teamsters stink.

Hugs and Kisses T251

at your meeting did they say they were negiotating with ups? I think not, the only union I know that is negiotating with ups is the teamsters and the teamsters is not negiotating a master freight but a speciality contract....

It's amazing how these pro-APWA posters all sound the same.
If we have one union for both carriers, then we have strength. UPS know we will stand with yall, and yall with us in the time came. Please understand that APWA is out to bust the union at UPS.........period. But go right ahead and sign up with them. But I wouldnt hold my breath waiting on a contract.