TForce | New Union

BusterNite said:
I would like to hear from an APWA member that has a contract and that has been represented by the APWA. What has the APWA done for you. How have they made your life better with wages and health benefits? I would would like to hear from a APWA member that has recently retired. How are your pension benefits and how are your health benefits after retirement? I don't expect to hear from anyone!!!
HELLO?????????????

Foose said:
Well i'am having a meeting on the 28th with APWA wwwparcelworkerscom
getting everyone to go, my understanding they already have 2 term's with 100% but they are not big anuff to do anything just yet ,and i have been talking to danny and van,& to be honest i like everything they are telling me.
Talk to any UPS driver or employee. They will tell you that they have never heard of the APWA or that they know nothing about them.

What does that tell you!!!

hugnlug said:
First bulldog425 when we were "O" our pension was underfunded. Currently FDX is underfunded. I can go on about underfunded companies both union and non-union. Recently the President of the U.S. just past legislation regarding these underfunded pensions. This will help keep these funds from vanishing and from being underfunded. As for the Central States, they are slowly making head way and are expected to recover over several years if they continue to contribute and bring in new membership. I find it strange that the IBT would want to organize a central state terminal with all the bad press the fund has gotten. Yet here we are with a terminal that has almost unanamously chosen the IBT over the company.
Well hugnlug I don't know about you but I can't get much information from the ups drivers I see on the road. Most won't wave or even look at you when you're passing them going the same direction, let alone talk to you!! I've actually talked to about 10 and at least 8 of them said "stay away from the IBT"!! When you talk to members and they say this, what am I supposed to think??? One buster brown said all they do is collect your dues, and do nothing for you, but spend it like there's no end to it on conventions in Vegas and Atlantic City!!??

T251 I can't get much information from the ups drivers I see on the road. Most won't wave or even look at you when you're passing them going the same direction, let alone talk to you!! I've actually talked to about 10 and at least 8 of them said "stay away from the IBT"!! When you talk to members and they say this, what am I supposed to think??? One buster brown said all they do is collect your dues, and do nothing for you, but spend it like there's no end to it on conventions in Vegas and Atlantic City!!?? I would like your comments on this. I know you're a teamster, but you're not rude, and you don't slam people when they don't always agree with you.

bulldog425 said:
T251 I can't get much information from the ups drivers I see on the road. Most won't wave or even look at you when you're passing them going the same direction, let alone talk to you!! I've actually talked to about 10 and at least 8 of them said "stay away from the IBT"!! When you talk to members and they say this, what am I supposed to think??? One buster brown said all they do is collect your dues, and do nothing for you, but spend it like there's no end to it on conventions in Vegas and Atlantic City!!?? I would like your comments on this. I know you're a teamster, but you're not rude, and you don't slam people when they don't always agree with you.

Bulldog, I would like to let you know that out here on the west coast we UPS parcel road drivers are very interested in seeing you folks become part of our teamster family and have worked hard to develop freindships with the Overnite/Motor Cargo folks we see on the road. You should see some of the surprised looks I get when one of the Special Commodities guys will pass me on the freeway and I wave and flash the lights at him! We are all in this comapny together now and I for one will do what I can to help you folks with your contract info you need and most of all, wlecome you to UPS.

Bulldog,
As with most freight or UPS drivers, I'd bet that they don't run channel 19. Around Missouri UPS can sometimes be found on channel 1. Years ago a guy saked me why freighthaulers were rude and didn't answer on channel 19.....I told him it was because we're not there.....it all made sense to him then. I also find it almost impossible that all the UPS drivers you say you have asked have denounced the Teamsters. It's been the Teamsters that have made them the highest paid drivers out there......not the AWPA or whatever the liars call themselves.

I talk to UPS drivers almost every day and they all tell me that Union is the best way to go. They do not complain about the pension. If they do not like the Union and they do not trust the pension they can always go and work for Fedex. I have never seen one driver leave UPS for Fedex. Oh and on the other note, the people at the union halls that I have seen work with the medical benefits, working to organize other companies, you should visit your local union hall. Talk to the BA's - don't just listen to other people - do a little leg work. I did and I did witness how hard they work at the Union halls. PS How are you going to ask UPS for a raise or time and a half after eight? You will be the laughing stock of the breakroom!

Buldog, i waited over 20yrs. for my retirement in CENTRAL STATES, like over 30, now i'm getting a monthly ck. for $3750. You say you don't trust the Teamsters with your money, is that your money? Did you pay taxs on that money? Did your w-2 show that money? That money was negotiated in the NMFA to be paid into The Central States Pension Fund. The company deducts the amounts they pay into the fund from there gross money. It's not your money until you retire. Nothing in this world is garenteed sept taxs and death, don't woury bout the sxxt in between. Been there done that. Retired Roadway

stldude44 said:
Bulldog,
As with most freight or UPS drivers, I'd bet that they don't run channel 19. Around Missouri UPS can sometimes be found on channel 1. Years ago a guy saked me why freighthaulers were rude and didn't answer on channel 19.....I told him it was because we're not there.....it all made sense to him then. I also find it almost impossible that all the UPS drivers you say you have asked have denounced the Teamsters. It's been the Teamsters that have made them the highest paid drivers out there......not the AWPA or whatever the liars call themselves.
Good post STLdude:showoff:

BusterNite said:
I would like to hear from an APWA member that has a contract and that has been represented by the APWA. What has the APWA done for you. How have they made your life better with wages and health benefits? I would would like to hear from a APWA member that has recently retired. How are your pension benefits and how are your health benefits after retirement? I don't expect to hear from anyone!!!
I can't hear you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking about our "New Union", has anyone heard anything out of INDY? The last thing I was told was that the IBT was waiting on UPSF and it's financials. By federal law, UPS must turn them over. Also the IBT and UPSF were to resume talks on the 10-11.

Thanks to all of you for the info on the IBT. I don't mean to be ignorant, but I'm just going by what people have told me. I'm in no way being sarcastic. Thanks for your honesty and not beating me up for my ignorance. I will continue to listen and ask questions!

saddletramp said:
Bulldog, I would like to let you know that out here on the west coast we UPS parcel road drivers are very interested in seeing you folks become part of our teamster family and have worked hard to develop freindships with the Overnite/Motor Cargo folks we see on the road. You should see some of the surprised looks I get when one of the Special Commodities guys will pass me on the freeway and I wave and flash the lights at him! We are all in this comapny together now and I for one will do what I can to help you folks with your contract info you need and most of all, wlecome you to UPS.
Thanks saddletramp, I'm not going to give up on these busterbrown guys. I have met one driver I run with occasionally. He has given me some good info on all we've been discussing here. Thanks for your positive attitude on the buyout of Overnite. I think its going to be a bright future together!!

stldude44 said:
Bulldog,
stldude44 I have found ups drivers and other freighthaulers on other channels also. Your comments make alot of sense, Thanks!

mustache said:
Buldog, i waited over 20yrs. for my retirement in CENTRAL STATES, like over 30, now i'm getting a monthly ck. for $3750. You say you don't trust the Teamsters with your money, is that your money? Did you pay taxs on that money? Did your w-2 show that money? That money was negotiated in the NMFA to be paid into The Central States Pension Fund. The company deducts the amounts they pay into the fund from there gross money. It's not your money until you retire. Nothing in this world is garenteed sept taxs and death, don't woury bout the sxxt in between. Been there done that. Retired Roadway
I hope I can be as fortunate as you when my retirement days come!! Thanks for the info. Enjoy your retirement you deserve it after all of those years!

Teamsters, UPS Freight Continue Contract Negotiations

hugnlug said:
Speaking about our "New Union", has anyone heard anything out of INDY? The last thing I was told was that the IBT was waiting on UPSF and it's financials. By federal law, UPS must turn them over. Also the IBT and UPSF were to resume talks on the 10-11.

Union Presents Non-Economic Proposals

October 13, 2006

On October 11, the Teamsters continued contract talks with UPS Freight, and both sides expressed optimism that an agreement could be reached in the near future. The talks cover 125 drivers and dockworkers in Indianapolis who recently joined Local 135 through a card-check and neutrality agreement.

Representing the union in Washington, D.C. this week were Ken Hall, Director of the Teamsters Parcel and Small Package Division, Gordon Sweeton, Assistant Director of the National Freight Division, and Brian Buhle, Secretary-Treasurer of Local 135.

During the meeting, leaders from both the union and the company reiterated their commitment to seeing a contract negotiated smoothly and quickly.

Read more