FedEx Freight | new years eve

11th hour

TB Lurker
Credits
heard today we will be working on new years eve,city and road.oh well i guess they want us out there with all the drunken party animals.

heard today we will be working on new years eve,city and road.oh well i guess they want us out there with all the drunken party animals.

I heard about that last night as well. After asking a few more questions of people I trust, I was told it was a "trial balloon" sent out to feel out drivers for their reactions.
My take on it is, how can a company that preaches safety time and time again send us out on the road on the number one ADULT party night of the year.
I think they are trying to see how pissed off they can make us before they backpeddle.

There's not enough city work to keep us busy. As if we dont already loose out on family time. Next well be working on Christmas Eve and Christmas day might as well be OTR.

I don't want to be out there with the drunks ... in drunk alley on party night

I have already had my head on crash with a drunk :TR10driving03: while I was driving :shift: the big fedex truck, IT AIN'T PRETTY, you hardchargers can have it ... I want to stay home ....

I've known drivers who work six days a week every week. They would work seven days a week if you let them. They work holidays, and even cash in their vacation pay. Usually they are single or their family life sucks, and the job is their family. Other drivers just want to work 40 hours a week, and don't want any overtime. Others are some place in the middle. No one is telling you that you have to work the holidays, so whatever floats your boat works for me. TP

I've known drivers who work six days a week every week. They would work seven days a week if you let them. They work holidays, and even cash in their vacation pay. Usually they are single or their family life sucks, and the job is their family. Other drivers just want to work 40 hours a week, and don't want any overtime. Others are some place in the middle. No one is telling you that you have to work the holidays, so whatever floats your boat works for me. TP

What? The company said we have to work new years eve into new years day... What are you talking about?

why? they will shove it all on pt and it wont go anywhere untill the spring. I am sure there will be the white stuff on the ground. so why bother.

come to think about it I was on a 3-2 bid I was off but the other side of the board worked. But they got home the morning of new years eve. so if you want to be politically correct they started on the 29th pm and ended on the 30th am. So they classafied it as the 29th.and given eve and day off. have i confused you yet I know I am. Dammit I hate when I think to hard lol.

I worked many a new year's eve and every time dispatch told me they would get me homebefore midnight. I remember hooking a set in the Anaheim center and watching the fireworks at Disneyland go off. I was a hundred miles from home and still had to through WHT before getting back to OXN. At least after 3 am the streets get quiet. Enjoy the sunrise folks