FedEx Freight | new years eve

i maybe wrong but i think it is legal holiday dont think they can make us work, they keep going they might just get what they dont wont, if you know what i mean

i maybe wrong but i think it is legal holiday dont think they can make us work, they keep going they might just get what they dont wont, if you know what i mean

The first three words of your first sentence are correct.

The "holiday" is Jan 1, not Dec 31. And it's a FEDERAL holiday which means FEDERAL employees are automatically off (with a few exceptions I suppose.)

I don't believe there is any such thing as a LEGAL holiday. It's just that many if not most employers typically observe the same days.

In the past, if I recall, we've polled customers to determine how many are going to be open and shipping or receiving on 12/31 and tried to staff accordingly. I haven't seen anything yet on the plan for this year but apparently some of you have.

And in closing, the last 14 words of your last sentence are ridiculous.

oaf (head word counter)

Uh I WAS working last new years eve......

Maybe but we in the east have never run a full on line haul and hub operation on new years eve.
I have been hearing this rumor from all over the mid-west, that we will be running a full hub and line haul new years eve. So this morning I asked our TM about it. He said he had not heard anything about this and doubted their was any truth to it. But still the same he would check and get back to me today.

Maybe but we in the east have never run a full on line haul and hub operation on new years eve.
I have been hearing this rumor from all over the mid-west, that we will be running a full hub and line haul new years eve. So this morning I asked our TM about it. He said he had not heard anything about this and doubted their was any truth to it. But still the same he would check and get back to me today.

We were told yesterday that it will probably be some kind of skeleton crew in the city like we usually do. They said as of right now the line haul and hubs will be open. Since 12-31 is a service day we have to service the freight. But like we all know everything is subject to change.....even things in writing

the 15 years I been here on the east side ,we work one new years eve and never since then. did not want anybody out there with the drunk drivers!!!

The company that I worked for before coming to AF always worked New Years Eve , as a matter of fact I would be one of the last to come off the street on New Years Day @ 02:30. I never had any close calls but it sure sucked like hell to always miss being with my girls that night.

Talked to TM last night was told this " All I can say is as of right now we are running a full hub and line haul 12/31/09 new years eve".

Once again the "people" making these IDIOT decisions are not out there with us ......... hmmmm ..... But oh,,, I bet some IDIOT made a nice bonus for showing it on their computer,,,,, that would be a first huh ??? No input from us dumb peon's who actually have to do it.......

Why work? The damn freight will be sitting in the trailers til Mon morning anyway. The night drivers (Hub & Shuttle ) always gets screwed on the holidays, as we work the morning of the holidays anyways. I bet the purchace drivers arent going to have to work. I will call off and use a vacation day for New Years eve, as we take a beating on holiday pay as it is.

I dont know what you all are crying about this is why fedex started to use purchase trailers for situations like this.
all you have to do is let your ccm know you dont feel safe running with all the drunks and they can just call for a extra PT to haul it and you can stay home see how that works?

Before I started trucking I worked every New Years Eve. Just part of the business I was in. Since then I have been scheduled or volunteered to work it if it meant someone else could have it off. It's not that big a deal to me to work it. I'd just as soon make some money anyway. Just let me have Christmas Eve off and I'll be good.

Why work? The damn freight will be sitting in the trailers til Mon morning anyway. The night drivers (Hub & Shuttle ) always gets screwed on the holidays, as we work the morning of the holidays anyways. I bet the purchace drivers arent going to have to work. I will call off and use a vacation day for New Years eve, as we take a beating on holiday pay as it is.

One small bright spot is that you will get doubletime pay for kronos work performed after midnight on the 1st.

One small bright spot is that you will get doubletime pay for kronos work performed after midnight on the 1st.

If I remember right you dont get paid doubletime if your day starts on the day before a holiday. considered previous days business.

I dont know what you all are crying about this is why fedex started to use purchase trailers for situations like this.
all you have to do is let your ccm know you dont feel safe running with all the drunks and they can just call for a extra PT to haul it and you can stay home see how that works?

Interesting.......PT sucks unless they're running when you don't want to. Interesting..........

Peace