FedEx Freight | new years eve

We just got the Thanksgiving Schedule out for linehaul two weeks ago.. Nothing has been mentioned about Christmas or New Years.. When it comes out I will relay the word..

Take a breath and enjoy one holiday before worrying about the next!

google search fed ex holiday Schedule we will be open new years eve,closed 12/24 12/25 for christmas,second post hehehehe,,

It has always shown that.. The only two day holidays that we have EVER had was Thanksgiving and Christmas... We get one day for Christmas, and one day for New Years.. But, typically the volume of freight and customers that are open dictate if we work or not.

SECOND POST :clap:

When the holiday schedule comes out for the Christmas holiday.. Which is sent to me two weeks prior to the holiday.. I will post it.. Until then.. I would expect New Years is on a voluntary basis. As it usually is!

Talked to the MD for the CMH region last week and he said we are working a regular linehaul schedule....also it is posted in FRE that the hub will run as usual on New Years Eve

It has always shown that.. The only two day holidays that we have EVER had was Thanksgiving and Christmas... We get one day for Christmas, and one day for New Years.. But, typically the volume of freight and customers that are open dictate if we work or not.

SECOND POST :clap:

When the holiday schedule comes out for the Christmas holiday.. Which is sent to me two weeks prior to the holiday.. I will post it.. Until then.. I would expect New Years is on a voluntary basis. As it usually is!

Just heard it verified from ccm at hsg that it isnt a rumor! His words were, If we dont run, because of the freight levels the system would shut down. I think we will be running! Oh, by the way, my friend at fdx national says they dont have to run!!! Check theyre boards, no mention of New Years!!! HAPPY NEW YEARS !!!

I foresee tons of call-offs on New Years eve, holiday pay or not. Personally, I made my new years reservations months ago, paid for it months ago and not planning on missing it. I paid more for the dinner and hotel and party costs than I will make working, so, "*cough, cough* I'm sick tonight".....

I foresee tons of call-offs on New Years eve, holiday pay or not. Personally, I made my new years reservations months ago, paid for it months ago and not planning on missing it. I paid more for the dinner and hotel and party costs than I will make working, so, "*cough, cough* I'm sick tonight".....

Dont blame you at all, just remember that they will have a very strict absentee policy !!!

New Years Eve Work

We had a pre-shift last night and were told we would be workig this New Years Eve. I know in the past, we always got it off but they only paid for NewYears day as a paid holiday. Oh well, just remember if you're one of the ones that has to work, watch out for the drunk drivers.

First,,, Thanks for the info pigsticker !

I bet those that made this decision will be nice and comfy at their party,,,, with a limo waiting outside...... Hope they are happy,,,, maybe they will swallow a fly,,,, or something......

We have enough city and road work for a lot of guys the day after thanksgiving. They said today they may have to force guys in.

I bet next year we work Christmas.

Gang, Let us get in and get out! At least we will not have to come in on the 2nd to load the city trailers. When we work the out-bound, once the trailers are loaded we can go home. I bet the loads leaving that day will be light, so some runs will be called off. But what do I know I am just a displaced road driver working the dock and making sure the purchased trailers and the city drivers trailers are loaded high and tight. The same drivers taking work away from me. The same drivers stealing money from me. I am happy that I am still working...

We have quit a few shippers that are closing all of next week ( Thanksgiving ), forcing their employees to take a three day fur-low in addition to the two payed holidays.

With the economy still flat I don't see us having enough volume to run a full line haul and hub operation new years eve. This would be a huge cost To FedEx Just to handle that little bit of freight we pick up that day and bring the 2-day freight back.

Look at all the line haul runs that would be cancelled that next Monday with little freight in the system.

Maybe they will do like they did last year between the holidays and combine some hubs. We all know how that worked out..:TR10driving03:

Lot of hubub here. New Years Day is the holiday. I've worked many New Years Eves. Don't seem right but that's the way it is.

Best New Years eve I had was running with a buddy and crossing a time zone.... We got to say Happy New Year twice!

Cheap thrill, but it worked.