Yellow | no dovetailing.....yellow

shamrock101

TB Lurker
Credits
has anyone seen or heard of the paper that is being passed around by yellow drivers, In a nut shell it states that yellow men will not stand for any dovetailing and will take matters into there own hands to protect jobs. Is this what we have become ? It even has A web site, I have not seen it yet but will be getting a copy.

has anyone seen or heard of the paper that is being passed around by yellow drivers, In a nut shell it states that yellow men will not stand for any dovetailing and will take matters into there own hands to protect jobs. Is this what we have become ? It even has A web site, I have not seen it yet but will be getting a copy.

What they stand for and what they get will be two different things.It will be dovetail whether they like it or not.

Tough sh*t. The contract says we will dovetail and, so does Tyson Johnson. If anyone has a right to complain about the dovetailing it would be roadway employees. Afterall, Roadway is the surviving company after the merger, NOT Yellow.

"Merger of Yellow Transportation into Roadway
Pursuant to the Company's previously announced integration strategy, effective October 1, 2008, Yellow Transportation, Inc. ("Yellow Transportation") and Roadway Express, Inc. ("Roadway"), each a wholly owned subsidiary of the Company, merged with Roadway as the surviving entity. At the effective time of the merger, Roadway was renamed "Yellow Roadway Corp." Following the merger, the Company plans to change the name of Yellow Roadway Corp. to "YRC Inc."

Summary of YRC WORLDWIDE INC - Yahoo! Finance

Being that BIGR was the surviving entity,maybe these IDIOTS carrying the paper around wouldn't mind endtailing themselves out of a job.

This is going to be interesting. I can feel the(LOVE/HATE) relationship already. Please just leave the air in my tires,it takes time to replace or fill them back up.I just want to go home after work and have a couple of beers. CARRY ON

what ever happened to "united we stand, divided we fall?"
keep fighting amongst yourselves while the non-union boys and girls lick their chops. not much freight out there anymore, better quit fighting, work together and hang onto what you have. who merges with whom doesn't mean squat when you have to sign for unemployment.

what ever happened to "united we stand, divided we fall?"
keep fighting amongst yourselves while the non-union boys and girls lick their chops. not much freight out there anymore, better quit fighting, work together and hang onto what you have. who merges with whom doesn't mean squat when you have to sign for unemployment.

Amen. It doesn't matter if you are wearing a Yellow or Roadway cap you still have to stand in line like every other joe blow.

Tough sh*t. The contract says we will dovetail and, so does Tyson Johnson. If anyone has a right to complain about the dovetailing it would be roadway employees. Afterall, Roadway is the surviving company after the merger, NOT Yellow.

"Merger of Yellow Transportation into Roadway
Pursuant to the Company's previously announced integration strategy, effective October 1, 2008, Yellow Transportation, Inc. ("Yellow Transportation") and Roadway Express, Inc. ("Roadway"), each a wholly owned subsidiary of the Company, merged with Roadway as the surviving entity. At the effective time of the merger, Roadway was renamed "Yellow Roadway Corp." Following the merger, the Company plans to change the name of Yellow Roadway Corp. to "YRC Inc."

Summary of YRC WORLDWIDE INC - Yahoo! Finance

Let me first address the fact of anyone passing around a paper about Yellow people not standing for dovetailing.......that has never been seen or discussed at our terminal....philadelphia......everyone that I have talked to knows and agrees that it will be a dovetail......so Roadway guys don't need to get their feathers ruffled....Now to address the surviving entity....if you read further down it says that "Yellow is the survivor of the merger"......not that means much but just setting the record straight.....If you care to read all my posts I have always and will always agree with dovetail as will 95% of Yellow men , the only ones that I think might not are the people with less than 5 yrs or maybe less......The one thing that I get from most Roadway post is the surperior attitude that seems to come from most of them... Yellow knows how to make money and has proved it time and time again..... If Roadway was so good fianacially how come they didn't buy Yellow?....Or get into the china market.....Well Yellow did... they knew we had to change we had to be better than the others....Guys say we we're debt free....Yellow bought you guys and started to invest money into new equipment, something Roadway had not done for a long time.... and started to shed alot of unprofitable accounts .Yellow has not and will not haul freight just simply to haul it.....if it is not making money they will dump it fast I have seen it done....then we get the account back in a month or two and at the rate whcih they can make money..So to them people I say look at the Yellow upper management in the last 4 months......they almost are all ex roadway management now.....matter of fact Mike Smead is Yellow's (Zollars is yellow Corp's CEO) CEO,(EX ROADWAY CEO) when he took over he brought in alot of his own people......When myers took over back in 95 he cut out alot of middle management we had only 4 vice presidents..........now we have 15 at last count..... How much you think they make?.....250,000 yr sound right?....smead has brought them all back.......

I can tell you this at Philadelphia we are very strong teamsters....and stand behind dovetail.....so save the attitude for management not your fellow brothers:1036316054:

Let me first address the fact of anyone passing around a paper about Yellow people not standing for dovetailing.......that has never been seen or discussed at our terminal....philadelphia......everyone that I have talked to knows and agrees that it will be a dovetail......so Roadway guys don't need to get their feathers ruffled....Now to address the surviving entity....if you read further down it says that "Yellow is the survivor of the merger"......not that means much but just setting the record straight.....If you care to read all my posts I have always and will always agree with dovetail as will 95% of Yellow men , the only ones that I think might not are the people with less than 5 yrs or maybe less......The one thing that I get from most Roadway post is the surperior attitude that seems to come from most of them... Yellow knows how to make money and has proved it time and time again..... If Roadway was so good fianacially how come they didn't buy Yellow?....Or get into the china market.....Well Yellow did... they knew we had to change we had to be better than the others....Guys say we we're debt free....Yellow bought you guys and started to invest money into new equipment, something Roadway had not done for a long time.... and started to shed alot of unprofitable accounts .Yellow has not and will not haul freight just simply to haul it.....if it is not making money they will dump it fast I have seen it done....then we get the account back in a month or two and at the rate whcih they can make money..So to them people I say look at the Yellow upper management in the last 4 months......they almost are all ex roadway management now.....matter of fact Mike Smead is Yellow's (Zollars is yellow Corp's CEO) CEO,(EX ROADWAY CEO) when he took over he brought in alot of his own people......When myers took over back in 95 he cut out alot of middle management we had only 4 vice presidents..........now we have 15 at last count..... How much you think they make?.....250,000 yr sound right?....smead has brought them all back.......

I can tell you this at Philadelphia we are very strong teamsters....and stand behind dovetail.....so save the attitude for management not your fellow brothers:1036316054:

If Roadway was so good financially, why didn't they buy Yellow?

You are kidding, right? Zollers mortgaged the purchase of Roadway up to his eyeballs.........he's like a kid with credit card...........all he's done is create debt.

Look I'm not trying to stir up stuff here, but why would Roadway even want to buy Yellow. Roadway at the time was a cash cow and Yellow like they have done for quite some time was struggling. It made perfect since for Yellow to do it as they NEEDED Roadway to stay a float. I wish it never happened as we(Rdwy) would be a hell of a lot better off.

And to your other point. Roadway is the surviving entity as stated in the SEC filings. And then they were renamed to Yellow Roadway Corp and then to YRC Inc. Renaming doesn't change who survived, so why we may be called this or that it's clearly stated that Roadway was the survivor of this merger.

But none of this really matters as this will be a dovetail and it SHOULD be a dovetail. All the little cry babies need to either quit their crying or go find a new job beause this is the way it's going to be.

Look I'm not trying to stir up stuff here, but why would Roadway even want to buy Yellow. Roadway at the time was a cash cow and Yellow like they have done for quite some time was struggling. It made perfect since for Yellow to do it as they NEEDED Roadway to stay a float. I wish it never happened as we(Rdwy) would be a hell of a lot better off.

And to your other point. Roadway is the surviving entity as stated in the SEC filings. And then they were renamed to Yellow Roadway Corp and then to YRC Inc. Renaming doesn't change who survived, so why we may be called this or that it's clearly stated that Roadway was the survivor of this merger.

But none of this really matters as this will be a dovetail and it SHOULD be a dovetail. All the little cry babies need to either quit their crying or go find a new job beause this is the way it's going to be.

I totally agree....with dovetail....Just for the record.... We are still a force to be reckoned with in the freight industry!:1036316054:

If Roadway was so good financially, why didn't they buy Yellow?

You are kidding, right? Zollers mortgaged the purchase of Roadway up to his eyeballs.........he's like a kid with credit card...........all he's done is create debt.

Just for the record here.....(nothing personal,I mean who gives a rat's ars now), I believe Roadway did have an interest in buying out Yellow before the company sold off to Yellow. They were denied the finance money cause the company would take to much cash to be feasible. Its like trying to buy a used car for 5 thousand that only has a book value of 2 thousand....the banks will advise against it every time and deny the funds. But what you should roll over in your heads now is why was roadway such a cheap purchase looking at its history and financial standing???? Might lead one to believe that this was part of someones bigger plan and it was going to happen one way or another. Think about it!

dove·tail (dvtl) n.

1. To connect or combine precisely or harmoniously.
v.intr.

2. To combine or interlock into a unified whole

you roadway guys are unbelieveable the only pissing and moaning hear is from you

Yellow corp is counting on all of you guys fighting.....sadly it seems like its working, in the end they will say "workforces became turbulent in a troubled economic time". Just try to remember, neither side (Roadway or Yellow workers)wanted this buyout and there was not a single driver or dock worker who sat in the room that day and said "yes lets buy (or) sell today". Stop the effing fighting, the jags at the top created this mess and are counting on the fighting to finish it....dont give it to them.

This has already been addressed its going to be a dovetail
wether your active or inactive [on layoff] end of story

Yellow corp is counting on all of you guys fighting.....sadly it seems like its working, in the end they will say "workforces became turbulent in a troubled economic time". Just try to remember, neither side (Roadway or Yellow workers)wanted this buyout and there was not a single driver or dock worker who sat in the room that day and said "yes lets buy (or) sell today". Stop the effing fighting, the jags at the top created this mess and are counting on the fighting to finish it....dont give it to them.

Amen to that!