Yellow | no dovetailing.....yellow

It's not pretty out there!!! Lost my first job after 15 yrs in may, made the list at Roadway in august and got wacked in october. Now at 51 I am forced to look for jobs that pay 17-19.00 an hour, I though I could finish my career at the big R, it's doubtfull now!!

:butt kiss:I'd like to see your attitude if it was an end tail
then you would be the one who would be the littl b#%th wouldn't you
jacka@@:butt kiss:

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts......we would all have a Merry Bleeping Christmas. And actually if they did endtail (WHICH WOULD NEVER HAPPEN) I would only lose 5 places, no biggie. So it looks like you're still the little b****.:hysterical:

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts......we would all have a Merry Bleeping Christmas. And actually if they did endtail (WHICH WOULD NEVER HAPPEN) I would only lose 5 places, no biggie. So it looks like you're still the little b****.:hysterical:
Why your merging with a terminal that only has five guys???:butt kiss:

I really don't see how anyone could think there was going to be an endtail. Do you guys think the Hoffa & Johnson would've ever let that happen?

Besides at $2.79 a share I think we need to be worried about making it to the point of dovetailing. We've got guys bragging their only doing .7 BPH & claiming to be badass teamsters, I don't see how that's helping the guys below them. Does anyone see the logic in that? This isn't 1970!

It should be thirty to life whichever comes first with full parole and pension and healthcare. I was hoping for 25 years with good behavior(with same deal)but that got thrown out the window. I still don't hear the fat lady singing.

Its Yellow, no now its Roadway, and in Dec. it goes back to being Yellow. Is anybody else getting disy yet, to me its looking the countrys biggest 3 card monty!
I agree with you Weave we have to stand together and seniority isnt just all we have got its probably all were gonna have left. As were sitting here arguing over dovetail/endtail and just being p!$$ed of at each other there sitting up the working merging and taking away our indivdual companys {and probably all of work rules}. 1 more thing Id like to get of my chest is to the guys on both sides that are mad at the other lets try to remember Zollars never asked us what we thought about buying any other company so if ur gonna be upset lets point it in the right direction sports fans, no more divide and conquer!! May be I should lay off ths scotch before I post....whatta ya think.

i don't have a horse in the race, i'm an ex- big "r" 135 management that left three years ago. what i'm seeing is a bunch of child like behavior arguing over things that you have absolutely no control over. better get your act together. i'll say it again, the non-union boys and girls are gathering more freight while y'all focus on the uncontrolables. keep up the "divided we fall" path and the teamsters will be a thing of the past.

look i'm not trying to stir up stuff here, but why would roadway even want to buy yellow. Roadway at the time was a cash cow and yellow like they have done for quite some time was struggling. It made perfect since for yellow to do it as they needed roadway to stay a float. I wish it never happened as we(rdwy) would be a hell of a lot better off.

And to your other point. Roadway is the surviving entity as stated in the sec filings. And then they were renamed to yellow roadway corp and then to yrc inc. Renaming doesn't change who survived, so why we may be called this or that it's clearly stated that roadway was the survivor of this merger.

But none of this really matters as this will be a dovetail and it should be a dovetail. All the little cry babies need to either quit their crying or go find a new job beause this is the way it's going to be.

then why would they want to sell roadway

i don't have a horse in the race, i'm an ex- big "r" 135 management that left three years ago. what i'm seeing is a bunch of child like behavior arguing over things that you have absolutely no control over. better get your act together. i'll say it again, the non-union boys and girls are gathering more freight while y'all focus on the uncontrolables. keep up the "divided we fall" path and the teamsters will be a thing of the past.

Child like behavior!?!....wouldnt that also encompass some one who ducks and runs when things get tough!
This is a forrum for YRC and these people are discussing and trying to gather information on the future and well being of not only thier jobs,but the future of thier family. There is allot of fact to be found here and there is also allot of entertainment value but I cant really see what it has to do with anybody gathering union freight in another place. Even you have said that in your post....so....whats your point?
When we work ,we do a job with the skill and perfection of years of experience and quality,
What goes on here is comunication and it has little to do with what goes on in your little non union world....like you said "again"...its not in our control. We do however have to live with it and understand it and that is what all this "childishness",as you put it,is about.

calm down, calmdown. i'll go back to just reading instead of posting. i still have a few hundred friends down in harrisburg that i wish the best. good luck.
p.s. you may need more bran in your diet, roadstar120.

calm down, calmdown. i'll go back to just reading instead of posting. i still have a few hundred friends down in harrisburg that i wish the best. good luck.
p.s. you may need more bran in your diet, roadstar120.

More bran....more fiber...Things any road driver could use.....lol
Sorry to jump all over you....I just dont see this as childish. I think we may very well be on the edge of something that will work well here.
Just think that if managment would be allot more straight forward and stop withholding the information and thier intentions we would move right through this tough situation and get on with business.
All the delays and lack of information is whats causing allot of the termoil here.
Sorry again....I just get upset when I hear reference to non union carriers picking up our slack as if it was our fault all this came about.
We all just want to work and take some kind of pride in our product and it is impossible to do under the conditions that the managment is leaving us with. Please dont go silent on my account. I just wish allot more people on here would start searching and reading some of the articles that are available and directly accessable to them.

thanks roadstar120. the biggest reason i left roadway was the "us vs. them" attitude from both sides of the fence. hard to work under those conditions. now i also see a "them vs. them" portrayed on here. as i said, i was mgt. for dock, yard, and road. i'd hate to see the many friends i met through the years fall on hard times, eventhough much of that is out of your hands now.