Yellow | no dovetailing.....yellow

I was in Winston the other day - and while waiting for the hotel van to run me back over to the terminal a Yellow driver came in and plopped down next to me.

He assumed I was also a Yellow driver and started down this long story about how he was going to make sure he ****ed with all the Roadway guys in Cincinnati once the two boards were combined.

:woot:

He went on to say that it was not fair to have one board - after all Yellow drivers are more professional than the rogue Roadway guys...
:1036316054:

anyway - when we got to the terminal and they dropped me off on the roadway side and I got out (they get dropped off around back where their part of the property is..) he about **** - and started "ummmm ummmm ummmm"

:hysterical:

"FOOT IN MOUTH"

I will be the one to enjoy the messing with the Yellow drivers when I see the look of horror at them having to deal with Uncle Tom and his minions!!!

:wavey:i drive 600+ miles a day.i wave at every at yellow i see.have not seen any hands up yet!not even a finger:hysterical::bye1:.to be fair its the same with roadway drivers,i guese they cant see the 53 ft roadway sign going by them:TR10driving03:.

Wow! I think everyone needs to take a step back, and take a deep breath. Reality is it is dovetail. Its gonna really suck for some folks, but for most it will be alright. For those its doesnt work out for, you go right ahead and vent. I know I would even if I knew it wouldnt do any good. But the flip side of that is no matter how much time you have, you certainly have the right to stay or go if you choose. Thats the beauty of seniority as a teamster (and I'm not, just so you know), you earned it. Just because you hit thirty doesnt mean you have to retire. None of us know what some of these guys have going on in their lives. Kids in college, doctor bills, maybe they got a divorce and their significunt other took half their pension. Who knows and who are we to judge. Bottom line here is whatever is happening is gonna happen, like it or not. Management will get cut, Teamster and/or office will get laid off and at the end of the day I'm guessing about 75% (I hope) will still be here doing what we do and we will have to do it as a team like it or not.

One last note to those who think by slacking off or being a pain in the arse for mgmt will change anything, let me ask you this. If that works, why havent you been doing it all along? I dont know of any terminal Rdwy or Yellow that doesnt have anyone on layoff. Probably because it doesnt work, and if your mgmt is worth a sh*t they wouldnt let it stand anyway. Thats about the dumbest thing I think I've ever heard. Thats basically saying "i'm gonna help my brother get his job back by screwing over the company that writes my check". Everybody go ahead and do that and our $1.80 stock will go to zero and so will our cashflow, then that next check you get with YRC on it wont cash.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts......we would all have a Merry Bleeping Christmas. And actually if they did endtail (WHICH WOULD NEVER HAPPEN) I would only lose 5 places, no biggie. So it looks like you're still the little b****.:hysterical:

You still haven't answered my question
how do you only lose five spots if it is an endtail?( and you are a roadway guy )

And to the retired guy that pointed out about being on the bottom of a 400 man list...if you were at say 200 and 200 merged via dovetail and you became 399 yeah that sucks but if were say endtial for the other 200 and you stayed number 200 that would be okay, in theory.
Honestly I did this job loss thing and started over 6 years ago and it sucked, but atleast there were a couple of places to go. No matter which one I chose I would still be in the same place....
the unemployment line. that is reality:hysterical:
All anyone can do is come to work everyday (if they call you) and do your job to the best of your ability, so that you can look yourself in the mirror and know that you did your part. Other than that it is out of our hands, anything that the big Dollar and his boys do to sink this ship is there fault.:TR10driving03:
Good luck to all of you and Happy holidays.
Enjoy them they may be your last ones as a YRC employee:beerchug:

It's very simple. I only have 5 guys under me at Yellow, When we dovetail I will be around #410, if I were endtailed into their board I would be # 415. Not very complicated. But it doesn't matter because no one will be endtailing.

okay thanks, I was under the impression that you were a sein"your" guy, sorry
I'll go from being fifth from the bottom to fifth from the bottom
from out of twenty
to about fourty total
So I figure to be unemployed
Because even if they kept the same number of jobs total that they have now (which they won't) the laid off Roadway guys have more time then me
Oh well life goes on
Have a nice day:TR10driving03: