XPO | NO ICP till March????

Next thing......get ready for this one, coming soon to a terminal in your area.......suspension of matching payments for 401k accounts.......due to the economic conditions and .......blah, blah, blah, blah.........we must suspend all 401k matching contributions effective immediately......Oh, and remember to get that One More Shipment, or we will have to think of something else......(Which of course we already have, and will spring on you most ricky-tick).....:TR10driving03:

You are thinking like someone who is running a business and is trying to survive a very bad time...sorry, had to point that out to you..

The Content inspectors told us in ops that if they were meeting their daily goal by June the ICP would pay close to 100% based on that alone. I don't doubt this is what the higher ups told them. Guess what, they've met their goal consistently.

.:nutkick:

I would love to know who told you this!!! My theory is that the con-tent program is great and it does generate great revenue for the company, but that program is not the only thing that determines if we make ICP.

Pricing is the biggest problem...I dont see how moving a trailer 900 miles across the country at 95% full of 600 lbs of packing peanuts for $110 is doing anything for this company. That will not pay for the fuel, more less all the time it takes the dock workers to unload this and reload and deliver this freight. Plus the amount they are paying us drivers to move this freight.

And then they complain about load factor!!! HELLO

Just my thoughts!!!

You are thinking like someone who is running a business and is trying to survive a very bad time...sorry, had to point that out to you..

I have done so.......once upon a time, in my B.C. (before con-way) life.......and I didn't survive, ended up Chap 7.....so I pretty much know how to do it WRONG.....I have done stupid, I know what it looks like.....:hide:

We are still going to get what's due us. They just aren't going to give us half of it in December. Instead of 2 checks we get one. I don't see what the big deal is.

We are still going to get what's due us. They just aren't going to give us half of it in December. Instead of 2 checks we get one. I don't see what the big deal is.

My point exactly..What is the big deal?????????

ICP is another way for them to give money back for a lower tax bracket. Now that we are not meeting goal and levels and revenue are down they are at that point. So why not give it to you next year, when it will not make a impact on taxes untill 2010?

My point exactly..What is the big deal?????????

ICP is another way for them to give money back for a lower tax bracket. Now that we are not meeting goal and levels and revenue are down they are at that point. So why not give it to you next year, when it will not make a impact on taxes untill 2010?
Or maybe they need the 2 extra months to make a new DVD telling us that we are not getting one at all. :chairshot:

I wasn't counting on too much ICP this year anyways, I knew it was going to be small. Oh well, better luck next year. :1036316054:

Normally the first payment is calculated on results through October, and the second based on the last 2 months of the year...needless to say, the last 2 months of this year may be something we have never seen as a company, and they don't want to overpay the first payment to the point that we may overpay for the year..Let the full year finish and get it right...

Normally the first payment is calculated on results through October, and the second based on the last 2 months of the year...needless to say, the last 2 months of this year may be something we have never seen as a company, and they don't want to overpay the first payment to the point that we may overpay for the year..Let the full year finish and get it right...
Yeah, I could see it now....they over pay and request that we give some of the money back. That would go over real well:nutkick::chairshot::woot:

Company Knows.......

They hired a bunch of weenies. They keep taking from us and us weenies keep taking it. It'll never change, except to get worse.

This is a big deal! If its calculated through the months of Oct. and they have known about this,not giving us OUR ICP and dangling this carrot in front of our faces for a month and not being honest is just crap! This "Con" Con Way "culture" these guys want us to buy into another joke! How about the 1% of the drivers fos etc that were not supposed to make it,they were promised that also. And these retarded Christmas parties that probably 1% are going to attend,another waste of money. Just give us a check. As owners of this great company we deserve better leadership! These guys are not only bankrupting this company financially they are bankrupting this company moraly. Who ever heard of an email going out to SCMs to relay a message from XGO? Spineless Sissys! Im sure claims will probably go up so all you city P@ds get used to it. One More Shipment what a joke its only freight a customer has negleted to call in or came up last minute, if they believe otherwise they need to be replaced with more compitent indiduals? I wonder how much it cost for all those T shirts and to have them silkscreened? Another waste! Sales staff and SCM cars another waste we all have jobs and can afford cars>

Oh yeah and 1 more thing where was their integrity in all this? As far as Im concerned that core value was thrown out the window when they lowerd themselves to an email and had the scms do their dirty work. Lead by example. Now its our turn and bring down the blue banners it doesnt mean a thing

Exactly!:clap: Now let's quit the :boohoo: and the :cuss:.
It is what it is, let's go do our jobs the best we can and maybe next year will turn out better.:1036316054:

Im sure claims will probably go up so all you city P@ds get used to it. >
If you're hinting that some guys might purposely damage freight because they're mad about this, that would just help guarantee less profits for next year...good plan, Einsteins!:GrowUp:

Just my opinion here but I don't think there will be any at all. The downward spiral of our economy continues and it isn't helping our chances of getting any ICP. I told my wife back in the summer when we were struggling to keep the ICP numbers up we would be getting little if any ICP this year. Maybe next year.

Go get him!!!

I'm with ya!

No matter how anyone tries to explain it no one is going to be happy. The economy sucks yes ... this company has a bad reputation nationwide. Yea we offer the best service, faster to market in certain areas but the arrogance of one CEO that has been replaced has not helped our company at all. While a couple try to point to the economy I firmly believe that certain business practices, ie the overzealous content department, a jerk of a former ceo, pricing wars and a very apparent I dont care attitude by alot of people has not helped at all which stemmed from a certain former ceo. ICP has always been that carrot that drove alot of people including myself. While fatso sits in his corner basement office with that invented vice president of recycling certain feminine products for a greener society gets his ICP check in december ... I for one personally blame him for the most of the mess this company is in. Dave .. when you go to the bank and cash your check I hope you are proud of yourself for having a hand in destroying a great company. :Die::tongue0002:
John L ... I wish you lots of luck and a strong heart .. you are going to need it.

My husband figured we'd get no ICP this year and wasn't surprised to hear it was going to be... delayed. I sure hope the high ups don't cut themselves a check and if they do maybe many would think of a way to sue them over that? Never know.

Last point.... didn't someone say that the severence packages INCLUDED ICP? So the ones that didn't make transition got their full ICP. So maybe the rest will also.

My husband figured we'd get no ICP this year and wasn't surprised to hear it was going to be... delayed. I sure hope the high ups don't cut themselves a check and if they do maybe many would think of a way to sue them over that? Never know.

Last point.... didn't someone say that the severence packages INCLUDED ICP? So the ones that didn't make transition got their full ICP. So maybe the rest will also.
Go run over some more deer and make Thanks giving dinner.....We might be up that way next week....

Giant doe is at the meat packing place, hope we get it this week! Darn, we missed a big ol' buck on the way home tonight!! Just a few mph faster and he'd been riding on da hood!! :woot:

Got enough land that you can bring up a trailer out back and sit at the window. Shoot whatever stalks past.....

Go run over some more deer and make Thanks giving dinner.....We might be up that way next week....

Realize this shocks many but if you were looking to fund your holiday spending with ICP you were already in big trouble. It projects at 17% . A top rate DSR (use CSA pay) would get 52 weeks X 40 hrs 2080 hrs X $21 = $43680 X 1.2% = $525.

I for one would rather work for a company that generates strong cash flow and make prudent decisions.

I think what most people are mad about is the fact that the letter didn't say that the higher ups were not going to take their yearly bonuses since we did not get an ICP check this year.:nutkick:

That would actually show some integrity.