XPO | NO ICP till March????

Examples were more easily forthcoming when we were 3 separate components...We are so big as one that CEO visits and trenching with the guys is a thing of the past...used to happen all the time in the west...can't blame the CEO now, it's just not physically possible..
Which is too bad, because I really enjoy the guy...he is the real deal..
And the economy has pretty much been in a freefall for 2 years now, it's just that the degree of decline has taken on a sharper angle in the last 8 weeks..
And, barring a minor miracle, I believe it's gonna get worse over the next 3-6 months before we see some light at the end of the tunnel, and that waiting period is going to suck for alot of people..

I definitely agree seeing the CEO in the trenches was very motivating. Especially when they took off the serious mask and acted like normal down to earth guys.

It's almost typical with any company. The bigger you get the more limited and almost hidden you become to the people. I feel the CEO can still make his visits to select terminals. It's just a big boost motivator for some to see the top of the mountain come for a visit.

If it means anything, this upcoming ICP should be a wake up call or learning lesson for some to "not depend" on ICP to bail you out on a few bills etc. or even base your income spending because of previous ICP payouts.
I know a few guys that go ballistic over this year after year, even a percentage drop mentally screwed them up.
I use to tell them. "It's free money, deal with it, it could be better and it's better than nothing"

You would think that, with the new law coming in '09, (employee free choice act), that they would be treating the employees better right about now.

If it means anything, this upcoming ICP should be a wake up call or learning lesson for some to "not depend" on ICP to bail you out on a few bills etc. or even base your income spending because of previous ICP payouts.
I know a few guys that go ballistic over this year after year, even a percentage drop mentally screwed them up.
I use to tell them. "It's free money, deal with it, it could be better and it's better than nothing"

icpfj1.jpg

Anybody hear this???Thats the word here in Chi town...:furious:

I don't work for you guys, but didn't you just have one of your upper-managment persons get indited for embezellment. Come on guys you have just been through a lot. Be glad you have a job. Layoffs are running ramped throughout this country. I know you guys depend on your ICP for your family budgets ,but I depend on my raise too, and I doubt ones a comin.

I definitely agree seeing the CEO in the trenches was very motivating. Especially when they took off the serious mask and acted like normal down to earth guys.

It's almost typical with any company. The bigger you get the more limited and almost hidden you become to the people. I feel the CEO can still make his visits to select terminals. It's just a big boost motivator for some to see the top of the mountain come for a visit.

CNW is the first place I ever worked that actually delivered on a bonus...I spent 17 years with others that made lots of promises and never once, and I mean not once, delivered...YRCW was famous for telling us in September how great the year was going and then some tax charge would come out of the woodwork from years before and there would be no bonus...So I have never relied on ICP as part of my budget...too risky, and now we see why...

Oh yeah and 1 more thing where was their integrity in all this? As far as Im concerned that core value was thrown out the window when they lowerd themselves to an email and had the scms do their dirty work. Lead by example. Now its our turn and bring down the blue banners it doesnt mean a thing

So what would you have proposed? John L and others spend a bunch of money on travel trying to personally speak at every service center? Nice concept but expensive and unrealistic. Once he travels to one service center the news would be all over the place and the people where he didn't visit would feel slighted

Thats what come from 4 conway drivers. might just be talk but thats what was said.

Must be "Whine", oops, I mean "Line" drivers.....

News Flash: You can't believe anything you hear from a line driver, we most likely just made it up while driving back from the FAC just to see if anybody would buy it...........way, way too many hours in the truck, without anything meaningfull to do.........

Besides, Embezzel what? There is nothing left to embezzel.:woot:

Like I said I don't work for you guys,but, I do have a lot of close friends that do. All I was saying is , that if that did happen that may be answers to some questions that have not been answered. I would hate to see my friends layed off or fired because of someone's "Quick way to wealth". Good luck to you guys, I hope and pray that everything works out for ya'll. We have our own problems too.

I really hope THAT ALL EMPLOYEES DO NOT RESORT TO CILDISH GAMES IN ORDER TAKE VENGENCE. I'am not saying anyone is childish enough to do so but, i have heard some disgruntled people talk alot of crap lately.

It is inevitable that some will feel cheated, screwed, etc...And it it is inevitable that they will do the very things that will make it worse instead of better, kinda the "I'll show them" mentality...and all they end up doing is showing nobody, and if they are caught, well.....then they'll really have a good reason to feel screwed, except then all they will have to do is look in the mirror for blame...

What folks seem to forget all too quickly are the years ICP was at 120%, 130% (twice in the last 6)....If they want to hold onto this conspiracy theory that the G.O. is keeping it for themselves, why wouldn't they have cut those years to 100% and kept the balance..?? There is no argument, so don't even try...

It is inevitable that some will feel cheated, screwed, etc...And it it is inevitable that they will do the very things that will make it worse instead of better, kinda the "I'll show them" mentality...and all they end up doing is showing nobody, and if they are caught, well.....then they'll really have a good reason to feel screwed, except then all they will have to do is look in the mirror for blame...

What folks seem to forget all too quickly are the years ICP was at 120%, 130% (twice in the last 6)....If they want to hold onto this conspiracy theory that the G.O. is keeping it for themselves, why wouldn't they have cut those years to 100% and kept the balance..?? There is no argument, so don't even try...

the one good thing that will come of this.......Since we will not have made goal this year in many aspects, the goal will be adjusted for next year on the levels that we had this year. We have a terrible year this year(stock crashes), next year they adjust the goals and the lower stock rises as we report 30% increase from last year!!!

ICP goal will be adjusted bases on revenue, tonnage, etc for this year. If the eceonomy gets better and we have a normal year (next year) we will exceed all goals and ICP will 120%. I have seen this happen many times with many other companys, it is sad, but as you get better and better, goal continue to rise to beat the last year goals. That is untill you have a Crappy year then the next years goal will be great!!!

Dont worry....It will be OK..Just be thankful that we have a job that is willing to give us 3% ICP. I find it hard that people complain about free money?????

What about the times we are below goal, how would you like it if we had to give money back???

Just think, other carriers like FEDex, UPS and YRC will not be gettign a bonus at all this year. So who cares if it is $45?

Do not be surprised if next year, that you hear that they are suspending the ICP program until further notice....

Maybe, but they would never reduce or freeze our 401K company contributions......

the one good thing that will come of this.......Since we will not have made goal this year in many aspects, the goal will be adjusted for next year on the levels that we had this year. We have a terrible year this year(stock crashes), next year they adjust the goals and the lower stock rises as we report 30% increase from last year!!!

ICP goal will be adjusted bases on revenue, tonnage, etc for this year. If the eceonomy gets better and we have a normal year (next year) we will exceed all goals and ICP will 120%. I have seen this happen many times with many other companys, it is sad, but as you get better and better, goal continue to rise to beat the last year goals. That is untill you have a Crappy year then the next years goal will be great!!!

Dont worry....It will be OK..Just be thankful that we have a job that is willing to give us 3% ICP. I find it hard that people complain about free money?????

What about the times we are below goal, how would you like it if we had to give money back???

Just think, other carriers like FEDex, UPS and YRC will not be gettign a bonus at all this year. So who cares if it is $45?

You are correct for the most part, and traditional history bears out your thought. My larger concern is that the U.S. economy isn't going to be real quick to rebound, so I would caution against getting too excited about the coming year...
I feel like you do, just want to stay employed and do everything in my power to keep everyone going forward, make the company the best I can make it...rebounding will come, just more of a question of when than if...and the rewards will be there when that happens...too many people are impatient and want everything right now, and that is just not going to happen the way things are currently..

I think we should go out and buy another trucking company with monies that could have funded our pension, remove sick days, and company paid healthca.........wait! we did all of that and more!

Lets go out and buy a bank! or a mortgage company ....or something.