FedEx Freight | No more CHEW !!!

I quit for 5 years, then picked it back up when I worked in Central Dispatch for R&L. Those guys got big boxes of chew for free from another terminal. Rolls and rolls of different brands and flavors and everybody in that office chewed. All that free tobacco and the stress of the office job got to me and I started back up. Time to get serious and quit....again.

I quit for 5 years, then picked it back up when I worked in Central Dispatch for R&L. Those guys got big boxes of chew for free from another terminal. Rolls and rolls of different brands and flavors and everybody in that office chewed. All that free tobacco and the stress of the office job got to me and I started back up. Time to get serious and quit....again.

Anybody can smoke , dip, or chew, it takes a real man to face lung, throat, or mouth cancer.

I have Smoked for 38 years and have set a Quit Date of Jan. 13... This is going to be tough , so wish me luck.
Racer

I've been 'trying' to quit smoking for the last few years and a lady friend of mine (who happens to be a nurse) keeps telling me to try dipping to get off the smokes. She keeps telling me that's how she quit over 15 years ago, but I can't do it that way. I keep telling her that I have a feeling I'll like it too much and just pick up another (possibly worse) habit. And that is the reason I never tried dip/chew in the past. I wish I had that kind of preemptive insight with cigarettes...

Anyway, happy New Year. And for what it's worth, I haven't had a cigarette in all of 2012! Actually, Nicorette helps--you might give that a try. Just don't get any of that generic Wally World brand crap. Nasty!

Good luck, God bless.

You might be correct in your thinking on dip. A buddy of mine thought the same thing, and he quit smoking for a bit but loved dip more than smoking. Now he smokes and dips. I need to give up the chew again myself, but I've just got to get my mind right. The most I made it was a month and didnt have any cravings really....but just one night I said to myself I really want one. So I got off at the next truckstop and bought a couple cans. Stupid I know.

I have Smoked for 38 years and have set a Quit Date of Jan. 13... This is going to be tough , so wish me luck.
Racer

Learn to hate it and the corporations that make tobacco products by doing a little research..Now that they are losing ground here, American tobacco manufacturers are setting up tobacco stands out side of schools in third world nations. (Where there are no consumer protections). Teaching kids it's cool to smoke...They don't care about you or the damage their products do..Just keep buying the product until you die..Then pass the habit onto your kids and grand kids....

Hating tobacco companies and what they are doing keeps me clean....

Last edited by a moderator:
385 days in a year,57 states, what the? I knew I should have stayed awake more in school! I don't no man, if you don't want to quit you wont! Want it man just want it and it will happen!! Try sunflower seeds. It will keep you busy!

I quit smoking on 07/07/07 after 45+ years of smoking. Couldn't do it by myself, had Dr prescribe CHANTIX. It was expensive (I think $67 per month), but I had tried on my own 6 or 7 times to no avail. CHANTIX is a miracle drug in my opinion. Took it for 2 months to be safe, (I think 1 month would have done it). Now I am trying to lose the 50 pounds I gained, LOL. Wife said she would rather have me chubby and alive instead of stinky and dead.

When I took my wife to MD Anderson the Dr's would tell everyone to quit smoking.I would take the stairs in the parking garage and the same Dr's were there smoking.

I quit smoking on 07/07/07 after 45+ years of smoking. Couldn't do it by myself, had Dr prescribe CHANTIX. It was expensive (I think $67 per month), but I had tried on my own 6 or 7 times to no avail. CHANTIX is a miracle drug in my opinion. Took it for 2 months to be safe, (I think 1 month would have done it). Now I am trying to lose the 50 pounds I gained, LOL. Wife said she would rather have me chubby and alive instead of stinky and dead.

I am trying Chantix myself, along with a quit forum. (quitnet.com) there is a lot of good advice and encouaragement there which I badly need...I tried quiting 1000 times and I am determined this is my LAST QUIT... Thanks for your imput
Racer

I am trying Chantix myself, along with a quit forum. (quitnet.com) there is a lot of good advice and encouaragement there which I badly need...I tried quiting 1000 times and I am determined this is my LAST QUIT... Thanks for your imput
Racer
I tried quitting a 1000 times and then 1001 worked.

Racer

You can do it.

Quit smoking 40 years ago cold.Been chewing Redman 35 +.Tried to quit a couple of times but chewing is harder than smoking.It's a nerve thing.

You might be correct in your thinking on dip. A buddy of mine thought the same thing, and he quit smoking for a bit but loved dip more than smoking. Now he smokes and dips. I need to give up the chew again myself, but I've just got to get my mind right. The most I made it was a month and didnt have any cravings really....but just one night I said to myself I really want one. So I got off at the next truckstop and bought a couple cans. Stupid I know.

I don't know how I missed your post, but it good to see ya brother. Try again and your right, having the right mind set is a must.
Racer

ls57racer said:
Racer

be careful on that Chantix. It has some bad side affects. I tried it for a bit and got real depressed and other things the wife and I finally figured out that when I didn't take the Chantix I was happier and easier to get along with. Also don't let DOT find out your on it supposedly it's a banned drug for CDL holders because of the side affects. Good luck to you.

To those who are trying to quit smoking from what I've been told. That through our insurance there is a program where they will give you the patches and stuff for free as long as you make progress. Going to call insurance later on and see what they say. Will let everybody know.