FedEx Freight | No more CHEW !!!

My comments are not intended to pass judgment on anyone or what they partake in, only to relay my experience. In august I was diagnosed with cancer. Without fail, every healthcare professional i have dealt with since then has asked me the same question---"Do you smoke, or use tobacco products in any way?" When I say no, never have, many asked "How did you get this cancer?" I wished I knew because I would tell everybody--"-don't do this." There has to be some strong connection to tabacco and cancer, so whatever you can do to stop, more power to you. I wish you the best if you want to stop.
I don't want to see anyone go thru what I am dealing with now, and I really have it good as I caught it early and am on the road to recovery. I have been truly blessed lately.

Didn't know all that Randy got prayers with ya big buddy.
I am sick of the addiction, not tasting, not smelling. Hate that the first and last thing I do in my day is look for that can of chew. I loved putting a big ol wad in and getting that tingle up my back. Damn ol hairs on my arms standing up on end. Whew I need a dip :)

And for me it's been 8 days or so and no dip. First day or so I used niccerotte gum 4mg a bit to take the edge off. Next box of gum I bought was the 2mg and that has been a few days ago. No need to keep the addiction in my life !! I'm done.
You guys that want to stop keep it up. You all just have to hate being a slave to this more than anything
There is a "other side" you can make it. It only really sucks for a day or so. It gets easier every minute after the first wave of withdrawals.
Everything seems clearer for sure. Come on over you can do it.

I may chew up what I've got and try to quit again.One time I saw a fella at a tobacco auction pick up a cured leaf,he tore the end off rolled it up and started chewing it.Swore I'd never get that bad off but I guess I am.

When I was still peddling freight with Roadway, at one of my stops one of the guys told me he would load up his mouth with dip when he went to bed at night.

Last edited by a moderator:
off pace a little , but here is a cute joke i read

I read drinking was bad so, I quit drinking
I read smoking was bad so, I quit smoking
I read sex was bad so, I quit reading

I am trying Chantix myself, along with a quit forum. (quitnet.com) there is a lot of good advice and encouaragement there which I badly need...I tried quiting 1000 times and I am determined this is my LAST QUIT... Thanks for your imput
Racer

You can not use Chantix as a Driver can you? All this crap going on with me at the Big E is making me smoke even more!! Maybe I need to quit two things!!!

FLYINGBY said:
You can not use Chantix as a Driver can you? All this crap going on with me at the Big E is making me smoke even more!! Maybe I need to quit two things!!!

Big E is a stressful job for sure. I show up and work here so this part of the reason I can get rid of this crap. No more hating going home scared if I will get out. Screw all that. Have to run at big E like your an owner operator.

ls57racer said:
off pace a little , but here is a cute joke i read

I read drinking was bad so, I quit drinking
I read smoking was bad so, I quit smoking
I read sex was bad so, I quit reading

If sex is bad, may I die young.

Yea I had to change direction on that part, but the quit date is still the same.

ls57racer said:
Yea I had to change direction on that part, but the quit date is still the same.

First few days brother just have to take a deep breath. You can do it. Weak losers like me can do it.... so can you. Gum is your new best friend.

I chewed gum and that worked for awhile. Now I chew a **** load of gum in between dips. I'm weak when it comes to some things......you seem to be doing well and I commend you! Hopefully I will follow behind you soon!

First few days brother just have to take a deep breath. You can do it. Weak losers like me can do it.... so can you. Gum is your new best friend.

Yeah... when SNOTROCKET flags you down on the patio & tells you not to drive by him till he is ready to go, you'll be
SMOK'IN. haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Sorry dude, just heard about the gate thing this a.m. :smilie93C_peelout: