XPO | No More OT

Dordcnwy

TB Lurker
Credits
Was announced in outbound dock meeting this afternoon every dock worker and driver not still out in the city will be sent home at their 8. I know it's slow but is it really that slow? How long can this really last?

Was announced in outbound dock meeting this afternoon every dock worker and driver not still out in the city will be sent home at their 8. I know it's slow but is it really that slow? How long can this really last?
So, who's gonna work the dock? Does that means the poor saps that are 'stuck' on a route that takes them 50 miles away from the terminal are gonna have to work the outbound every night?

So, who's gonna work the dock? Does that means the poor saps that are 'stuck' on a route that takes them 50 miles away from the terminal are gonna have to work the outbound every night?
My thoughts too, that's gonna work really well. Told us about the same thing, overtime everyday.

I can't imagine it working well at all, at out barn the latest start time for city routes is noon. Latest OB dock start time is 1pm I believe. There have been night where our OB doesn't shut down untill well after 10. So if all the drivers are gone by 830 and all dock hands by 930 it seem as thou it will fall upon line haul drivers to shut down the OB... This should go over well..

Wow. We are lucky to even get to 8 where I am. Most are getting from 5-8 hours. Once in a while something happens out on the street and you get a half hour to an hour of ot, but very rare.

Wow you must be at a very small terminal. Before today we had guys begging to go home at their 8, and were told no they have to work the dock

My thoughts too, that's gonna work really well. Told us about the same thing, overtime everyday.
Ole Man , we are in the same region and had a terminal let go of two part-time dock workers.

How does this help keep OT down?

As far as linehaul drivers working outbound at their home terminals - our linehaul guys used to close down our dock all of the time , and then BOOM!!! Their hours to run became more important than the work that needed to be done. Even if it's a short run ( less than than 100 miles ) , management hates to "burn up" a linehaul drivers hours.
Now , maybe management will have the green-light to use linehaul drivers on the dock

Don't sweat it, in our business management does not dictate our hours business levels do and unless they intend to cut out some freight it's not going to happen. ABF made that claim a few times over the years and it never happened.

I can't imagine it working well at all, at out barn the latest start time for city routes is noon. Latest OB dock start time is 1pm I believe. There have been night where our OB doesn't shut down untill well after 10. So if all the drivers are gone by 830 and all dock hands by 930 it seem as thou it will fall upon line haul drivers to shut down the OB... This should go over well..
four day work week sounds good to me

At my barn, they started this 8 months ago. Terminal manager overhired to get overtime down to meet his scorecard goals. Now we have drivers going out with 4 to 5 stops a day and taking 5 hrs to do it. If they get back before their 8hrs, they stand around on the dock till they get it. Not enough fork trucks for all of them to use. He's hitting his overtime goals, but he's costing the company a lot of money. Our drivers now work at half the capacity of what their capable of doing, just so they can get their 8hrs in. Bad management move.

Maybe we'll be getting some OT back soon. According to this WSJ piece... 'cross selling' is gaining some traction among XPO customers. Not only that...but Conway's national looser accounts are being shifted to XPO's brokerage contractors so that the hemorrhaging of revenue will stop and that they will actually make money. Imagine that ...this blended transportation model might really be a good thing in the long run for us to get more hours again. I just hope that I can keep up w/ my current bills till then. Only got 6 and a half hours today. Some thing's got to change...and soon or a lot of guys are gonna be bailing out and looking else where for work. http://www.wsj.com/articles/xpo-log...action-with-customers-1456436362?mod=yahoo_hs

Maybe we'll be getting some OT back soon. According to this WSJ piece... 'cross selling' is gaining some traction among XPO customers. Not only that...but Conway's national looser accounts are being shifted to XPO's brokerage contractors so that the hemorrhaging of revenue will stop and that they will actually make money. Imagine that ...this blended transportation model might really be a good thing in the long run for us to get more hours again. I just hope that I can keep up w/ my current bills till then. Only got 6 and a half hours today. Some thing's got to change...and soon or a lot of guys are gonna be bailing out and looking else where for work. http://www.wsj.com/articles/xpo-log...action-with-customers-1456436362?mod=yahoo_hs
Anytime they're shifting work to subs, that's not a good thing for you drivers even if they are low- margin accounts. If it works well, next thing you know all the accounts will be these so called loser accounts.

That depends on who you brown nose!:butt kiss::lmao::lmao: