XPO | No More OT

head-up-ass.jpg
Scott Malat, XPO’s chief strategy officer, said the company is targeting $200 million in annual profit improvement over the next two years in the Con-way unit, which is being rebranded as XPO. You can't cut your way to a huge profit. Let alone without pissing off most of your employees, which in return, will give you less productivity. This is going to create thee exact opposite of the stated intent.

At least they haven't announced that they will not pay overtime anymore. If the hours come back, we will still get it, maybe.

We go thru this every year at this time. Why is everyone so surprised. Freight dies off after the holidays and it doesn't pick back up untill the end of March

Yup, I agree w/ ya Prezars. I've been doing this LTL gig for quite some time now and it's always been my experience that the freight levels drop off about 2 weeks before Christmas and then pick up in the Spring when businesses have new budgets, seasonal freight begins to flow and other factors come into play. :encouragement:

head-up-ass.jpg
Scott Malat, XPO’s chief strategy officer, said the company is targeting $200 million in annual profit improvement over the next two years in the Con-way unit, which is being rebranded as XPO. You can't cut your way to a huge profit. Let alone without pissing off most of your employees, which in return, will give you less productivity. This is going to create thee exact opposite of the stated intent.
You can't waste your way to a huge profit either.

LEAN.
USELESS OVERPAID MANAGEMENT.
POINTLESS JOBS.
INEFFICIENT DAY TO DAY OPERATIONS.
NO CLEAR GOAL.

I don't know what the future of XPO Logistics will be , but I think it's safe to say XPO will charge 100% full throttle into it's new direction - per Brad Jacobs.

At my barn, they started this 8 months ago. Terminal manager overhired to get overtime down to meet his scorecard goals. Now we have drivers going out with 4 to 5 stops a day and taking 5 hrs to do it. If they get back before their 8hrs, they stand around on the dock till they get it. Not enough fork trucks for all of them to use. He's hitting his overtime goals, but he's costing the company a lot of money. Our drivers now work at half the capacity of what their capable of doing, just so they can get their 8hrs in. Bad management move.

At Holland we leave with 10 stops or a full trailer. That would be a 48ft or 53ft trailer, not a pup. And city runs with long stem times typically come back stacked and packed using logistic bars.

Last time we had a slow down into an election year it wasn't until the summer after the election that things picked back up.
That was during the Great Recession. Things are going to get real busy real fast as soon as the weather calms down and spring takes hold. This is not 2008.

That was during the Great Recession. Things are going to get real busy real fast as soon as the weather calms down and spring takes hold. This is not 2008.
The Govt. just released the numbers for the economy last week. The growth was only about 1%, which is horrible.{3% is considered average} For everyone's sake, hopefully you're right.

And it didn't even get that slow then.
Well , Con-way's strategy at the time was to go full throttle on trying to run another company out of business. ( a lot of cheap , unprofitable , ugly freight )

When that didn't work , upper management showed no ability to develop a strategy to lead the company towards growth. All gimmicks , and tricks.

Reformulate the vacation into PTO. Pause raises. Fraudulent "One more shipment" . NASCAR truck. Take away 3% match on 401k. Purchase CFI for three quarters of a BILLION dollars. Hire a lot of people from outside the freight industry with no experience into management. Freeze pension. Dockworker program with no clear direction. Failed LEAN program.

These are just the missteps I can think of , and somehow through it all , we have managed to keep going.

Hopefully , we will eventually focus on moving freight. Fast. Damage free. On time. Happy customers. Respected , well compensated drivers. Competent , smart management.

Well , Con-way's strategy at the time was to go full throttle on trying to run another company out of business. ( a lot of cheap , unprofitable , ugly freight )

When that didn't work , upper management showed no ability to develop a strategy to lead the company towards growth. All gimmicks , and tricks.

Reformulate the vacation into PTO. Pause raises. Fraudulent "One more shipment" . NASCAR truck. Take away 3% match on 401k. Purchase CFI for three quarters of a BILLION dollars. Hire a lot of people from outside the freight industry with no experience into management. Freeze pension. Dockworker program with no clear direction. Failed LEAN program.

These are just the missteps I can think of , and somehow through it all , we have managed to keep going.

Hopefully , we will eventually focus on moving freight. Fast. Damage free. On time. Happy customers. Respected , well compensated drivers. Competent , smart management.

There is a chance. But to read it like that, it comes off as a pipe dream. We can all hope.

There is a chance. But to read it like that, it comes off as a pipe dream. We can all hope.
Talk to your manager. Ask about some of the mandatory things that he will be asked to do. Ask about some of the things that the CSRs will be asked to do. In my opinion these things should have been happening a long time ago.

Getting in shape takes hard work. Staying in shape takes discipline. We are out of shape.
We are the beautiful woman that went and got fat. There's a super hot woman somewhere in all of that fat.