XPO | No More OT

Agreed HS...but the fat has got to be cut some other place other than the P&D department. The trimming knife has currently cut us peddle guys down to the bone. We have 4-6 new guys sitting home by their phones everyday hoping and praying for some senior guys to take a day off so that they can get some hours. I've been obliging these guys right along for some time now. I haven't worked a full 5 day week now for about a month and a half. I like helping the jr.guys out but I've got to stop cause I'm cutting into my vacation PTO's.

It's good of you to do that. I myself have been barely running. If not for people taking off and hiding from the weather it would be some small checks. But you are right. At some point you have to run your spot and they have to decide if this is really the place for them.

We have some guys do that on linehaul as well. More because they don't want to work then to help out the junior drivers. Last summer and fall, we sent a driver to work for your barn for several weeks. I guess you are now fully staffed! Now all we need is some freight! I talked to a friend recently that peddles for upsf in your area, he said they are keeping busy.

Old Dominion is up as well. Plenty of freight still out there. Just not for us.

Plenty of freight still out there. Just not for us.
I admit that I was wrong.
I expected that by now, everyone on here would be gloating about the massive amount of freight that XPO had brought in. When you combine the two company's freight together, it seemed to make sense that there would be freight falling off every dock.
I guess that shows how much I know.
:idunno:

Hope the new "team" can figure out why and soon! As we have talked about before, there could be a mass exodus soon as people decide they've had enough.
It sounds like there was a mass exodus a few years back. They better get their crap together quick, or it's going to happen again from what I'm reading. Sounds like people's checks are shrinking, and the nervousness is on the rise.

Hope the new "team" can figure out why and soon! As we have talked about before, there could be a mass exodus soon as people decide they've had enough.

If it is going to be a year or more there ain't no way people are going to be able to afford to wait this out. I am certain Jacobs will make his money. With or without us. He will get his. But we don't have millions in our bank accounts. Can't sit around not making money.

There is a point at which a hard decision becomes an easy choice to make. Spring is here and people are going to get itchy. Talking to guys on the FAC we will lose quite a few around the system here in a couple weeks. I can't blame them. This is an incredible risk. Most of us have worked somewhere that has been bought before. We know what goes on. Been there done that. Got the tee shirt. It don't fit any more.

For those that stay. It becomes a true numbers game. As most competitors will hire you at top pay or close. And they all pay the same and sometimes more. It's all in what you want and what you need.

From the companies point of view it is likely a relief that guys quit. They keep cutting everything. Guys not working. Constantly complaining. Has to be getting old.

It sounds like there was a mass exodus a few years back. They better get their crap together quick, or it's going to happen again from what I'm reading. Sounds like people's checks are shrinking, and the nervousness is on the rise.

Yeah. Was a big jump. Guys with lots of years. This place has been going down hill the entire time I have worked here. No pension. :shit:ty health care. Mediocre wages. Insane, changing every day and written in crayon safety policy. Ran a lot of guys off.

Upnorth , it's been years since our linehaul drivers worked outbound at their home terminal. Outbound could be blown out , freight everywhere , and you see NO linehaul drivers helping. Not even drivers with short runs/low seniority.

When you ask management , "We have to preserve the linehaul drivers hours." What about the drivers that drive less than 50 miles from our terminal? Management , "They may get vias." So , they sit in the breakroom and wait for their loads to get closed out. The outbound supervisor may ask a linehaul driver if they would like to help but rarely order it.

Now hold on a minute. A driver sitting around waiting on loads by DOT must have his log book started on duty not driving.

Your a good man for doing that. Every senior driver should burn a few pto days to keep the newbs working. We are going to need them when things pick up. There are two definite absolute truths. One, senior drivers have alot of PTO and two, things will pick up.

Thanks RM...I have had quite a few 4 day weekends lately. I guess I'm getting rested up for what's supposedly coming according to this WSJ piece .They give XPO a lot of press and recognition in this article. Hopefully it will result in more business and freight for all of us DSR's. Let's keep our fingers crossed...huh?

By the way...if you haven't bought any XPO stock, now's the time if you have a few extra bucks hanging around. XPO could increase in value this year alone by as much as 140%. http://www.thestreet.com/story/1348...-jump-140-in-2016.html?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO

Your a good man for doing that. Every senior driver should burn a few pto days to keep the newbs working. We are going to need them when things pick up. There are two definite absolute truths. One, senior drivers have alot of PTO and two, things will pick up.

Lol newbs, because of the backward trajectory of our bids every year we had 5 year men that could still be considered a "newb" under this definition...

We're in the middle of a freight recession right now. Work for Yrc and we are really slow in my area, but I hear other parts of the country are pretty busy. Most of the drivers I talk to from various carriers say business is down. Y'all might be getting hit a little harder going through the changes your going through. I would say keep calm and give them time

Yeah. Was a big jump. Guys with lots of years. This place has been going down hill the entire time I have worked here. No pension. :shit:ty health care. Mediocre wages. Insane, changing every day and written in crayon safety policy. Ran a lot of guys off.
Was talking to one of your guys at a grocery warehouse today, he told me the #2 man @ Wilkes Barre quite kicker was he only had 5 years to retire. He went on to say he had two jobs & both dident pan out, I did ask him if it was because of the buy out & he dident think that was the reason....

Was talking to one of your guys at a grocery warehouse today, he told me the #2 man @ Wilkes Barre quite kicker was he only had 5 years to retire. He went on to say he had two jobs & both dident pan out, I did ask him if it was because of the buy out & he dident think that was the reason....

There are so many guys with so many reasons. It's not unusual. Quite common.