XPO | No Smoking In Conway Equiptment

I dont know about all this company policy but it sounds like the helmet law, seatbelt law, and what ever else the democrats can think up to protect us poor souls who cant think independently. I hope i know enough to not kill myself in some other new fashion untill there's a law or policy to stop me! God must think we are complete morons.

this is all i have to say about this :BS: (big breath).......
when im on linehaul, since i cannot smoke in my truck that im driving that i leave clean everyday at the end of my shift and there is nobody else in my truck to get second hand smoke inhalation hazard from me, i will stop on the side of the road and smoke. ill leave early enough to have as many smokes as i want on my run. :tongue0015:

I knew Ohio was banning smoking on 12/07/06 but was not aware that 15 states were involved. Does this mean that any Werner, JB, England, or CFI driver is not allowed, by law, to smoke in their trucks while in Ohio? They can legally be fined for this? A cop can pull them over and tickit them cause he spotted a glowing cherry in the mirror? What is the discipline going to be for Conway. Let's see....roll a kite, puncture a hazmat drum, be absent in exess, or just stand around on the dock and waste time and you still have a job, but touch 75 three times or smoke in the truck and you get fired. I'm confused.....Press on

I dont know about all this company policy but it sounds like the helmet law, seatbelt law, and what ever else the democrats can think up to protect us poor souls who cant think independently. I hope i know enough to not kill myself in some other new fashion untill there's a law or policy to stop me! God must think we are complete morons.

I think I heard something about running with scissorsis to be voted on in congress next week.....Press on....:smilie_132:

I agree. Only the smokers will rant and rave and try to get around the new policy.

Think about it, If you actually commit to quitting:
You won't stink like nasty tobacco anymore.
You might live a longer life.
Your lungs will love you again.
You'll save lots of money.
You could save on medical costs.
..........and so on and so forth.
There's alot of good in making the company Smoke Free.

Drivers can police other drivers, it's up to the SCM,FOS etc. to make it stick.

Say goodbye to your ashtrays or for the non-smoker your gum/candy/phone trays.
The ones with the rosey, fresh scented truck will be the guilty ones.

Con-way is not to blame for this one!! They are looking out for your job and your health by adopting this legislation.
I am curious to know what business is it to co-workers to "police other co-workers" and try to be there boss? This is going on all across the board. Not Truckingboards. Just everywhere "WE COMMON PEOPLE WORK" What would you think if I seen you do something and I thought it was wrong and I "policed you"? I am not your boss I am your co-worker. So who am I to police you? I think we need to report to work do what we need to do and not worry about anyone else. I have my hands full worrying about me.

all I know is there are gonna be some pissed off conway people, trying to pull over to smoke that cig while the guy running behind him passes him and takes his slot at the destination terminal and leaves 2 hrs before he does.

I don't smoke I quit about 5 yrs ago. I was a heavy smoker for 20 years. I feel if someone wants to smoke in their truck when they are alone its America let them smoke if thats what they want. Open the window, turn on the fan, clean up your ashes. We are grown men not children and we should be treated as such...:BS: :USA:

I knew Ohio was banning smoking on 12/07/06 but was not aware that 15 states were involved. Does this mean that any Werner, JB, England, or CFI driver is not allowed, by law, to smoke in their trucks while in Ohio? They can legally be fined for this? A cop can pull them over and tickit them cause he spotted a glowing cherry in the mirror? What is the discipline going to be for Conway. Let's see....roll a kite, puncture a hazmat drum, be absent in exess, or just stand around on the dock and waste time and you still have a job, but touch 75 three times or smoke in the truck and you get fired. I'm confused.....Press on
yes.........

from the ohio dept of health.
Prohibit smoking in any “public place” or “place of employment” as of Dec. 7, 2006. For definitions of a “public place” and “place of employment,” please follow this link to ORC 3794.01 Definitions.ORC 3794.01 Definitions

place of employment= truck,car,and yard horse.

All “public places” and “places of employment” must, by Dec. 7, 2006, remove all ashtrays and
other smoking receptacles, pursuant to ORC 3794.06(B).

read 3794.01 Definitions section (C)

I agree. Only the smokers will rant and rave and try to get around the new policy.

Think about it, If you actually commit to quitting:
You won't stink like nasty tobacco anymore.
You might live a longer life.
Your lungs will love you again.
You'll save lots of money.
You could save on medical costs.
..........and so on and so forth.
There's alto of good in making the company Smoke Free.

Drivers can police other drivers, it's up to the SCAM,FOSS etc. to make it stick.

Say goodbye to your ashtrays or for the non-smoker your gum/candy/phone trays.
The ones with the Rose, fresh scented truck will be the guilty ones.

Con-way is not to blame for this one!! They are looking out for your job and your health by adopting this legislation.
I'm just glad It's OK to pick up hookers in your company owned tractors.Just don't smoke.I'm taking up red man.I hope no one gets upset when I'm spitting all over the place.Who would save the money on health costs?CONWAY would make a bigger profit off the 1% then they do now.Now let take it the the next level.A driver comes the work sick.(scared to take a sick day) and is blowing his sickness all over the tractor,Is that a bio hazard?Drivers police other.Thats good just one more why to keep the force fighting each other and not watching them.Divide and conquer.If a driver has gas problem can I complain.:hysterical:

I'm just glad It's OK to pick up hookers in your company owned tractors.Just don't smoke.I'm taking up red man.I hope no one gets upset when I'm spitting all over the place.Who would save the money on health costs?CONWAY would make a bigger profit off the 1% then they do now.Now let take it the the next level.A driver comes the work sick.(scared to take a sick day) and is blowing his sickness all over the tractor,Is that a bio hazard?Drivers police other.Thats good just one more why to keep the force fighting each other and not watching them.Divide and conquer.If a driver has gas problem can I complain.:hysterical:

Good points .. spoken like a rational man. :hysterical:

if xgo or xco thinks I'm going to say anything about someone smoking in a truck. their nuts.
Your a stand up guy.We do have people in our ranks who would love a chance to fall in to the good Grace's of their boss and even move up.

We do have people in our ranks who would love a chance to fall in to the good Grace's of their boss and even move up.
you got that right .the first chance they get they'll be running to the scm or ascm to tell on them.

Thats pretty childish first to stop one nasty habit to pick up another one, Do you have to have tobacco? Are you that weak? It is hard enough to see grown men throw plywood all over the place because they are too LAZY to put it away, but to spit all over, you are not a man you are a pig. (an opinion)grow up! why not let people spit all over your house:nutkick:

all I know is there are gonna be some pissed off conway people, trying to pull over to smoke that cig while the guy running behind him passes him and takes his slot at the destination terminal and leaves 2 hrs before he does.
I bet the sales on spike strips will increase. :biglaugh: