XPO | No Smoking In Conway Equiptment

im just saying my truck is spotless inside windows allways clean floor and dash armouralled and i smoke to but i make sure when i get done in the morning i leave my tractor spotless inside can;t even tell if i smoked in there,air fresheners are great,maybe some of you cheap *** drivers should buy some. ok ok im done venting.

I knew Ohio was banning smoking on 12/07/06 but was not aware that 15 states were involved. Does this mean that any Werner, JB, England, or CFI driver is not allowed, by law, to smoke in their trucks while in Ohio? They can legally be fined for this? A cop can pull them over and tickit them cause he spotted a glowing cherry in the mirror? What is the discipline going to be for Conway. Let's see....roll a kite, puncture a hazmat drum, be absent in exess, or just stand around on the dock and waste time and you still have a job, but touch 75 three times or smoke in the truck and you get fired. I'm confused.....Press on

Yes this even means owner operators as well. I do not see the need for this law.

This is Big Government stepping in to our lives again telling us what we as free Americans need to do.

Each and every day another law made to protect us from ourselves, and we still cant find Bin Laden.

I'm just glad It's OK to pick up hookers in your company owned tractors.Just don't smoke.I'm taking up red man.I hope no one gets upset when I'm spitting all over the place.Who would save the money on health costs?CONWAY would make a bigger profit off the 1% then they do now.Now let take it the the next level.A driver comes the work sick.(scared to take a sick day) and is blowing his sickness all over the tractor,Is that a bio hazard?Drivers police other.Thats good just one more why to keep the force fighting each other and not watching them.Divide and conquer.If a driver has gas problem can I complain.:hysterical:

I find it offensive to see company tractor trailers sitting in the parking lots of adult book stores.

I'm just glad It's OK to pick up hookers in your company owned tractors.
Not sure what you are talking about? Care to explain again? Just kidding. :hysterical:

Just don't smoke.I'm taking up red man.I hope no one gets upset when I'm spitting all over the place.
Better be careful cause they might change the policy to include ANY tobacco product.
....to late they read this topic already.

Who would save the money on health costs?CONWAY would make a bigger profit off the 1% then they do now.
With the 1% part of the equation out of the picture. We front liners would save the added health costs attributed to smoking.

Now let take it the the next level.A driver comes the work sick.(scared to take a sick day) and is blowing his sickness all over the tractor,Is that a bio hazard?
Not sure what you meant by taking it to the next level? What does it have to do with saving on health care costs attributed to smoking?
After the first there won't be any sick days. I guarantee the morning snifflers won't be burning up their PTO days as fast as they did the 10 sick days. Better not come to work sick!

Drivers police other.Thats good just one more why to keep the force fighting each other and not watching them.Divide and conquer.If a driver has gas problem can I complain.:hysterical:
Unfortunately it will happen. To what extent will they take it? Hmmm, If it gives them a chance to move up the food chain you better believe they will drop the dime on you and knock the kool-aid out of your hands.

Not sure what you are talking about? Care to explain again? Just kidding. :hysterical:

Better be careful cause they might change the policy to include ANY tobacco product.
....to late they read this topic already.

With the 1% part of the equation out of the picture. We front liners would save the added health costs attributed to smoking.

Not sure what you meant by taking it to the next level? What does it have to do with saving on health care costs attributed to smoking?
After the first there won't be any sick days. I guarantee the morning snifflers won't be burning up their PTO days as fast as they did the 10 sick days. Better not come to work sick!

Unfortunately it will happen. To what extent will they take it? Hmmm, If it gives them a chance to move up the food chain you better believe they will drop the dime on you and knock the kool-aid out of your hands.
And if they do,Hello FXF

quote]

Thats right give up 1% of health care cost to take away your american rights.

Lets come up with alternitives to smoking and employee people with those jobs to put money in the tax base.

And not step on anyones rights.

And if they do,Hello FXF

:gathering: Gentlemen, since shipments are non existant and tonnage levels are low. What can we do while we wait for drivers to ask for that 1 extra shipment?

:chat: Lets check out trucking boards and see what the latest rant is.

:gathering: Lets blanket all of Con-way in regards to no smoking on and in company anything!? Great Idea! Does the board agree on this? All in favor say Yay!!..YAY

Weeks later:
:Rulz: ExTrA!! ExTrA!! read all about it. Effective December 7th. Con-way freight will be a smoke free work place. You will no longer own ashtrays.

Just poking some innocent fun at this smokingly bitter topic. Soon everyone will conform and you will be saying "Con-way saved my life!!"

Please don't throw tomatoes at me!! I'm allergic.

Yes this even means owner operators as well. I do not see the need for this law.

This is Big Government stepping in to our lives again telling us what we as free Americans need to do.

Each and every day another law made to protect us from ourselves, and we still cant find Bin Laden.
the American heart asst was behind this law. it was aimed at hotels,bars,bowling alleys and restaurants.

im just saying my truck is spotless inside windows allways clean floor and dash armouralled and i smoke to but i make sure when i get done in the morning i leave my tractor spotless inside can;t even tell if i smoked in there,air fresheners are great,maybe some of you cheap *** drivers should buy some. ok ok im done venting.
i don't care how many air fresheners you have or how well you clean the smell is still there.iv'e cleaned the steering whell with Lysol and the smell still gets on your hands.

conway does enforce those law you steal you will get fired an may go to jail an the same for drugs .
Some guys got caught stealing in my area and all that happened to them was losing their job.A mere slap on the wrist.Fail a drug test and you are offered rehab or hit the road,it's your choice.

:hysterical: :hysterical:
well form now on when a tractor gose up to the shop they will take the ashtrays out got 3 truck with their ashtrays taken out all ready
what a bunch of :duh: :tongue0015:

Well another way for CON-WAY to save $ on equipment! Let's review shall we: no fuel, gauge, no AM/FM stereo, no power right mirror, no cruise control, and finally......no ashtrays.......waaa-laaa.........SAVINGS ! Shareholders are happy now.

Just another way to fire some senior drivers.I know some 20 year vets that drive day time linehaul and night time that share the same tractors, and could care less what rules are placed on them. They do not intend to comply at all.:tongue0015:

I believe the response I heard from both of the line-haul drivers was " F**K you and the horse you rode in on".:biglaugh:

i don't care how many air fresheners you have or how well you clean the smell is still there.iv'e cleaned the steering whell with Lysol and the smell still gets on your hands.
You are full of "edited" ,Your hands would smell like Lysol.:duh:
Rule 2) Do Not resort to childish name calling if someone does not agree with your view.
Rule 11) Website Administration (Mods Supermods or Admins) decisions final on all issues please treat them well and they will treat you the same.

Well another way for CON-WAY to save $ on equipment! Let's review shall we: no fuel, gauge, no AM/FM stereo, no power right mirror, no cruise control, and finally......no ashtrays.......waaa-laaa.........SAVINGS ! Shareholders are happy now.
Did you know that it actualy cost Con-way money by not having fuel gauges installed at the factory. They have to make a special order for that just to save a few bucks a year on fuel gauge sending units. They are the only company out there now without fuel gauges.

Did you know that it actually cost Con-way money by not having fuel gauges installed at the factory. They have to make a special order for that just to save a few bucks a year on fuel gauge sending units. They are the only company out there now without fuel gauges.
and on the new trucks it cost them extra for the steering wheel cover with no cruise control buttons.