Holland | NPME puts Holland guys to work

That is too funny, I think the dock will be a little easier on him, he just has to get use to some what of a schedule, since when your in a truck you sort of do that all on your own. I told him today "welcome to my world'

Thank you SH2008 for the info. I only go by what I'm told, NP107 I stand corrected. Its not as good as it was but its alot better than totally starting over by a long way.

no problem Benny.. thats why we post here..it helps us all sort things out.. And I am glad he is getting top rate!! thats the least the holland guys should be getting between all this fiasco that YRC and the Union have been putting guys thru.

That is too funny, I think the dock will be a little easier on him, he just has to get use to some what of a schedule, since when your in a truck you sort of do that all on your own. I told him today "welcome to my world'
Thats the same thing my wife just told me! Now that I am running day linehaul i'm realizing just how much meaningless reality TV my wife has been watching while i'm gone. Screw it, i'm going to bed.

Gentlemen: Go to the tdu.org website and click on the USF Holland Teamsters Get Preferential Hiring article posted there. After you pull up that article dated 4/2/09, click on access the full decision here. You will then pull up the entire 4 page long rehire agreement and all the particulars. READ IT ALL thoroughly and you will have all your questions answered. Good Luck to all of you and myself!!:shift::rolleyes1:

Gentlemen: Go to the tdu.org website and click on the USF Holland Teamsters Get Preferential Hiring article posted there. After you pull up that article dated 4/2/09, click on access the full decision here. You will then pull up the entire 4 page long rehire agreement and all the particulars. READ IT ALL thoroughly and you will have all your questions answered. Good Luck to all of you and myself!!:shift::rolleyes1:

I think you're talking about the link I already posted in this thread? Post #45.

In case anybody missed this link posted else where, it explains these things some what I think?

http://www.tdu.org/files/USFDecision.pdf

3 guys on now at cinnaminson...posted up 10% bids for next week, they are getting 830 and 9am starts...Don't forget that any guys put on the list also get the 5 sick and 4 personal days

They also worked today on the holiday...:clap:

And 20 of our road men sat home thursday night and the only ones to work friday night were the 2 out on beds ?
Steve K., what is going on with our road operation ? Can't get the outbound set up in time to have central give us any work ?

From what I'm being told, the outbound is a problem because they are short handed and the 10% ers and holland guys are being used to peddle. Most of the increase in freight is inbound.

As of the 14th, there are 4 working there. I thought we weren't suppose to put an application in. They were suppose to go down the list at Holland Philly.

You're quoting my post that was made prior to any hiring agreement that was finalized by the IBT and Holland.

Newpenn is going down the seniority list. As of last week there was no list provided listing what guys wanted to be called by NewPenn and who didn't. So the TM started at the top and is working down the complete holland seniority list.
Last I heard he was down to about number 20.. Probably more by now.
3 guys are on the newpenn list now. if there is a fourth, then he must have started this week.

As of the 14th, there are 4 working there. I thought we weren't suppose to put an application in. They were suppose to go down the list at Holland Philly.

Talk to your B A, we were told in upstate New York that we did not have to put in a written application. Both YRC and New Penn in your locals jurisdiction, were to hire off the Holland list in seniority order exclusively, after all the current YRC and New Penn men were recalled. If a Holland was called and works one day, you are immediately on the list at the current full pay rate. No progression pay cut. You lose your seniority and you become a bottom man. :shift:

Talk to your B A, we were told in upstate New York that we did not have to put in a written application. Both YRC and New Penn in your locals jurisdiction, were to hire off the Holland list in seniority order exclusively, after all the current YRC and New Penn men were recalled. If a Holland was called and works one day, you are immediately on the list at the current full pay rate. No progression pay cut. You lose your seniority and you become a bottom man. :shift:

Agree...as I said in my earlier post

Andy107, sent you a PM.. let me know if you think you should have been called for work at newpenn.. I just called the terminal, Dispatch didnt have the seniority list with him but, last he heard ... Our TM has called the list down to at least the twentieth man...only 3 working for us at this time.
Some men didnt want to work for various reasons.. ie: want road only, ready to retire, or moved on to something else