FedEx Freight | October pay raise

I think if the union wasn't at the company's door step we wouldn't be getting 80 cents. We also wouldnt know 7 weeks in advance what the raise is. In the history of the company since I've been here we normally find out the raise a day or two before we get it. This is part of the company's promise campaign to try and act like they will change their tune and treat us right.

Well I ain't buying what they're selling. I'm still voting UNION YES!
Not only can I see right through this 80 cent bs I think the company knows where they can stuff it!
80 cents in October will quickly turn to 20 cents in January when out healthcare coverage changes again!

Anyone care to argue those points? Truth, right there. Beyond dispute!

Well, I had been on the fence and wanted to see what the company offered. After this mornings meeting I'm signing up. I'm sure they're just gonna raise our health insurance premiums later anyway.

Well, I had been on the fence and wanted to see what the company offered. After this mornings meeting I'm signing up. I'm sure they're just gonna raise our health insurance premiums later anyway.

Unless you have a contract stating that they cannot raise your health insurance premiums, they can raise them as much as they want at any time. Our contract (UPSF) states that our health insurance premiums will never go up for the life of the contract so when we get a raise, we keep every bit of it.

yeah too bad that doesn't mean anything with the price of medical going up. this raise is a drop in the bucket compared to all of the billions that this company makes in profits after taxes, fuel, pay for employees and benefits. this raise is a joke. It's also amusing with all of the union talk out east, that they came out with this raise.

yeah too bad that doesn't mean anything with the price of medical going up. this raise is a drop in the bucket compared to all of the billions that this company makes in profits after taxes, fuel, pay for employees and benefits. this raise is a joke. It's also amusing with all of the union talk out east, that they came out with this raise.

Union talk is the only reason we got a bonus, and a better raise than last year! Also why do you think some places are having cookouts, I really figured the hourly raise would be 1.50 to 2.00 to keep city happy, and help them keep union out. Well city guys they just showed you what they think of you! Are you gonna take their crumbs or do you finally want to be treated like a person and compensated like the largest ltl company in america. We are held to crazy standards but treated like a rooty poot truck line drivers!

To all complaining about raise fedex can't throw you a big raise.Look on NLRB web site under their rules company can't do that because that might influence a vote, thanks organizers.

To all complaining about raise fedex can't throw you a big raise.Look on NLRB web site under their rules company can't do that because that might influence a vote, thanks organizers.

Think of the big picture driver!!! Don't be bought for so cheap. To many drivers here don't realize what they are worth cause they are brain washed by the company

That would only apply if there was a pending vote. At this point only one center is at that point, having filed the petition. So with all due respect, your reasoning is flawed.

Bill Logue repeatedly states the main goal is double digit margins. THAT is why we've gotten smaller raises over the years. Again, Mission statement: Maximum return to shareholders 1st, customers 2nd. No mention of people 1st.

last year my raise was .20 an HR and 1/3 of a penny raise, that was with NO union talk, do you really think the raise would have been any better than last year if there wasn't?

You miss the point. The goal is zero. When fully staffed they will try to keep you at or under 40. They have done it in the past, as soon as fully staffed and freight levels allow it. Please don't pat yourselves on the back because you get OT after 8 while the competition doesn't, while they get $1-$2.00 more per hour than we do. The OT factor is worth something, but NOT $1.50 (or more) per hour in the long run.

I've had some great checks with 55-60 hours but that is NOT going to be the norm, nor do I want it to be.

Two different views. Average where I am at is around 44 to 45 hours and has been for a while now so I am not missing the point just posting it from what is going on where I am at. Thought that is what this forum was for.

If you know anything about this company you would know we are under staffed! When we get staffed there will be no overtime! Then how will you explain OD making 1.07 more a hr? Not to mention Conway, YRC,ABF, UPSF, Holland, R&L, and Southeastern making more hourly than us!

You just guaranteed the union in! You have no one blame but yourself corporate! See you at the negotiation table!!

And how does it guarantee anything ? I can see a few changes coming down the road and they are not good ones

Sounds like a pretty good raise. Heard it was the best since '94. But haters are going to hate. Quit trying to keep up with the Jones's be thankful you have a good job and good pay. It could be worse you could be stuck in B F EYGPT at a truckstop waiting on a load that never comes thru for a couple days for nothing.

Sounds like a pretty good raise. Heard it was the best since '94. But haters are going to hate. Quit trying to keep up with the Jones's be thankful you have a good job and good pay. It could be worse you could be stuck in B F EYGPT at a truckstop waiting on a load that never comes thru for a couple days for nothing.

That reasoning only goes so far. Do you just roll that out every time theres unrest? meanwhile before you know it here we are....thresholds as i see it.

Yea the best since 94! Haha do you realize it's 10 years past then? Hmm what was gas then about $1.50 cheaper a gallon?

Wait not 10 years 20 years but yea buddy your right nothing goes up but our wages ****** live your poverty life all you want some people want middle class life!

I can't believe I just heard that statement been the best since 1994 really? I was 10 years old at that time I'm 30 now! wow!